Author Topic: Another Brokeback 20 Q's  (Read 9405 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Another Brokeback 20 Q's
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 02:42:03 pm »

Sorry to hear about your troubles friend...Hope you have it all back in order again...How did you
manage your animals with all that long absence...?  Looking forward to talking soon.     janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 03:06:31 pm »
Hey there, Fresian - glad to see you back around these parts!

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas?
I'm from Tennessee...

Me too!!

1) Did your folks run you off?  No, but to copy Lee , my dad ran himself off.

2) Does your job get tiresome?  Almost always lately.

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance?  Absolutely - I didn't get the shopping gene.

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it?  My grandmother and someone else I shouldn't a let outta my sight.

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope?  Not at all!

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth?  Sure enough.

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work?  No, not brave enough...I start with conversation.

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven?  Absolutely - stars and planets and comets and moons and Gene Rodenberry and Timothy Leary and... :D

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good?  I play piano, but the sheep would run off when I practice...recently taken up the harmonica!  ;)

10) What was your dad right about?  Not much.

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big?  Yes, but I'm not exactly sure what or why.

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice?  No, I am transient.

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas?  I only like coffee on special occasions - vacation mornings with Bailey's - otherwise, it's tea for me.

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up?  Sometimes, just depends on the person...

15) You been to Mexico?  A coupla times...San Felipe was where I had my first fish taco.

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside?  There is only one 'uncle' living I care a lot about - he's really my mom's nephew, but we always call him 'Uncle' because he's about 20 years older than me.  I'd do anything Uncle Stanley needed.

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social?  Not on your effin life.  That sounded harsh - I mean, 'Not likely.'

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important?  I break stupid rules frequently.

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year?  Now I'm copying ineedcrayons!  Apparently, but I don't like it.

20) Are you the swearing kind? Sometimes
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 10:12:42 pm »
This is so excellent!!!  You are the first Brokie I've ever met in my home state - until now the nearest ones were in Georgia!!

I wasn't born here, but spent my high school years at Franklin County in Winchester, TN.  My very best friend went to MTSU.  And I live very close to the TN/AL border - I actually work in Hunsville, AL at the moment.

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline min

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 04:19:35 pm »
1) Did your folks run you off?  No I was always welcome.

2) Does your job get tiresome? Yes they both do lately but the money is too useful

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance? Yes

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it?  Sadly no one

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope? Sometimes yes

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth? erm...I do enuf cussin' for several people

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work?  No, no.

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven?  There better be

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good?  No, and if I did, I'd get shot at

10) What was your dad right about? A lot

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big? Only for my retirement

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice?  I like it, but I still have boxes of stuff which I have never unpacked

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas?  I'm addicted, no

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up?  No I'm pretty shy

15) You been to Mexico?  My brother has

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside?  What lover?

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social?  Nope

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important?  If it was important, eat em

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year?  Apparently yes

20) Are you the swearing kind?  I try not to