Author Topic: Spotlight Quiz  (Read 9662 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Spotlight Quiz
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:23:21 am »

This "Spotlight" quiz appears every Sunday in the Sydney newspaper, the Sunday Telegraph. One celebrity is spotlighted and answers the questions each Sunday. How about giving it a go yourself?

1. Live:

2. Brief Profile:

3. Am obsessed with:

4. Can’t live without:

5. Am petrified of:

6. Am proud of:

7. Really need to:

8. Don’t get why:

9. Think alternative medicine is:

10. Relax by:

11. Fantasize about:

12. Fridge usually contains:

13. Teenage years were:

14. Family is:

15. Favourite thing is:

16. Friends don’t understand why:

17. Attitude to exercise is:

18. Relationship with my body is:

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or:

20. Left or right or on the fence:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
Re: Spotlight Quiz
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 03:24:02 am »
1. Live: Sydney, Australia

2. Brief Profile: Born 1949 in Sydney, Australia, to loving parents, the youngest of their four sons. The rest is history. I will be retiring next year and hope to move to a rural area in up-state New South Wales, where I will purchase acreage and name my homestead “Cherry Cake Cottage.”

3. Am obsessed with: Brokeback Mountain

4. Can’t live without:  Brokeback Mountain, my home, my car, my computer – oh, and George, of course.

5. Am petrified of: Flying and spiders

6. Am proud of: What I have achieved in life

7. Really need to: Stop procrastinating with my painting, apply myself more diligently, and produce more paintings.

8. Don’t get why:  Religion seems to bring out the worst in people, when it should really do just the opposite.

9. Think alternative medicine is: Excellent, when utilized in conjunction with conventional medicine.

10. Relax by: Painting, reading, walking

11. Fantasize about: Being married to Christopher Meloni! (seriously, being a famous artist – a painter)

12. Fridge usually contains: Not a lot.

13. Teenage years were: Best forgotten.

14. Family is: Deceased.

15. Favourite thing is: Curling-up with a good book on a rainy day, in a big comfy over-stuffed old armchair.

16. Friends don’t understand why: They’ve stopped wondering about me and accept me the way I am, as I do with them.

17. Attitude to exercise is: I enjoy walking.

18. Relationship with my body is: Good. I look after my body by not over-eating and by getting good exercise (walking) every day. I should probably get more sleep (presently 6 hours average each night). I go to my doctor (he’s gay) for a complete physical examination every 12 months, whether I need it or not. I’ve never smoked and only drink in moderation (one glass of red wine with my evening meal).

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or:  My mama taught me never to discuss religion in polite company.

20. Left or right or on the fence: Mama also taught me never to discuss politics.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 03:29:50 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 03:42:37 am »
Whew!

How about if I try this one tomorrow Kerry? In the meantime I'll sticky post it for a couple or few days for you, okay?  :D

It looks like a good one though and I can't wait to answer it!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 03:49:22 am »
Whew!

How about if I try this one tomorrow Kerry? In the meantime I'll sticky post it for a couple or few days for you, okay?  :D

It looks like a good one though and I can't wait to answer it!

Cheers, David. Thanks for stickying it. I look forward to reading your responses.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 10:45:04 pm »
1. Live: Indianapolis, Indiana

2. Brief Profile: Born in Indianapolis. Attended college both in Indianapolis and Vincennes, Indiana. Lived in South Florida for 2 years and also in Evansville, Indiana for roughly 7.5 years.

3. Am obsessed with: My boyfriend, my music, my friends and my dog

4. Can’t live without: My boyfriend, my music, my friends and my dog!

5. Am petrified of: rodents; mice especially. I don't like flying bugs either.

6. Am proud of:I don't really think I'm proud of anything! I'm proud to be a member of BetterMost!!  :D

7. Really need to:calm down and try not to do 100 different things at once. I'm very hyper.

8. Don’t get why:I don't get why I'm having such a hard time answering these questions! GEEZ!!! Okay, I don't get why it's so difficult for people to get along with each other.

9. Think alternative medicine is:worth looking into. They have been practicing alternative medicine in other countries for thousands of years, sometimes with surprising success.

10. Relax by:playing my violin or cello. Reading also relaxes me. So does hiking in the woods or working out with my weights.

11. Fantasize about:Retiring sometime in the next hundred years  ::) and traveling the world with my friends.

12. Fridge usually contains:Mustard, ketchup, mayonaisse, salad dressing, lettuce, coffee (yes, I keep my coffee in the ice box), milk, juice, bottled water, and lots of leftovers.

13. Teenage years were:fun but very stressful.

14. Family is:Mom passed away in 2003, Dad is alive and living in Indy. My sister now lives in Colorado. My niece, her children and my nephew live in Indy.

15. Favourite thing is:My boyfriend Alex. He lives in London, England and I miss him something awful when he's not here with me.

16. Friends don’t understand why:They don't understand why I can't sit my ass down for 2 seconds and relax. I drive them NUTS, I think!

17. Attitude to exercise is:Love it! Can't get enough of it!!

18. Relationship with my body is:I have an excellent relationship with my body I think.

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: Believer

20. Left or right or on the fence:People say I'm so far on the left I'm standing in the next county. Don't know about that, but I'm definately left.

That was hard Kerry!  :D  Thanks for posting it!!

Come on! Who's next??  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 12:01:55 am »

It's harder than it looks at first glance. Good answers, David.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 02:17:06 am »
1. Live:   Southern California, Temecula Valley, Riverside County

2. Brief Profile: Born 1961,to Kathleen and Bennett, in Montana between Butte and Missoula, weight 5 lbs 6 oz and came out cooing my Mom says, never did cry.  My Dad swears I smiled at him when they put me in his arms and that my eyes were completely focused on his.  He says he got the overwhelming feeling I was very happy to have finally arrived. 

3. Am obsessed with: LIFE!  more specifically Bob, my family, my closest friends, dogs, especially my golden retrievers, movies, books, art, theater, I also have a rather keen interest in spiritualism and the paranormal.  I am glued to the tube whenever any of those shows about hauntings are on

4. Can’t live without: BOB he is my love, my life, my touchstone, he grounds me... and ... I absolutely must have a dog in my life always.

5. Am petrified of: Falling. I don't like heights at all, there will be no rock climbing, bungee jumping, sky diving etc for this girl, it would kill me.

6. Am proud of: Completing my post graduate degree

7. Really need to: plant a vegetable garden this year and then make perseves in the fall with my harvest

8. Don’t get why: Some people have to mean.  Meanness, smallness, pettiness are choices and they say alot about the person who chooses them.

9. Think alternative medicine is: Very valid, many "alternative" treatments are merely treatments from days gone by and many are beneficial.  Of course you have to pay attention to seperate the quackery from the valid but that's no problem as long as your remember one thing:  If it sounds to good to be true it probably is!

10. Relax by: laying in the hammock with a good book, cuddling with my husband and listening to music or watching a movie, taking my dogs on a walk around the lake

11. Fantasize about: Traveling the world

12. Fridge usually contains: all the usual condiments and salad dressings, orange juice, Milk, Diet Coke, Harp Ale, 2 or 3  kinds of cheese ( right now it's Brie, Fontaggio, Dubliner) Turkey, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, bacon, butter, a bottle of Savignon Blanc, lettuce, squash, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatos, green onions, red onion, red potatos, carrots, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, bing cherries and 1/2 of a cherry pie

13. Teenage years were: a mixed bag, lots of fun, but I was so much taller than everyone else I took a lot of teasing that was very painful and left me doubting my body image and my attractiveness.  I heard the word "Amazon" alot and to this day cannot tolerate anyone critising a woman for her appearance.

14. Family is: very loving, always has been.  We lost my little sister Roberta in 1971, my Grandfather in 1968, Grandmother in 1977,  Mom in 1994 now it is just Daddy, Teddy and Me....but we have added Bob ( of course) Sandy (Teddy's wife) and my neices Debbie, Heather and Ellie.

15. Favourite thing is: SsssssHHHH don't tell anyone but I am a homebody at heart.  I love being at home, keeping house, gardening, cooking for my husband, (I don't iron his shirts or darn socks  we send that stuff out) but I could easily slip into my shirtwaist and Donna Reed pearls and play housewife.   ;)

16. Friends don’t understand why: If they wonder anything about me I have no idea, no's ever said anything to me

17. Attitude to exercise is: It is a necessary evil, I enjoy walking but everything else is a chore and a bore besides I hate to sweat.

18. Relationship with my body is: Ongoing and evolving.  I try to be kind to it by making healthy food choices, staying away from junk food for the most part, getting a little exercise, enough sleep, regular check up....but I do need to lose a few pounds...it's just so friggin hard!

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: Believer born and bred, but I have no use for hypocrits and do not suffer gladly those fools who presume to sit in judgement of others based on their narrow views and misintrepretations.  Even God doesn't presume to judge us until our last day.

20. Left or right or on the fence: a heathy step left of center

WHEW Kerry that was WORK   :P
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 02:55:53 am »
1. Live:   Southern California, Temecula Valley, Riverside County

2. Brief Profile: Born 1961,to Kathleen and Bennett, in Montana between Butte and Missoula, weight 5 lbs 6 oz and came out cooing my Mom says, never did cry.  My Dad swears I smiled at him when they put me in his arms and that my eyes were completely focused on his.  He says he got the overwhelming feeling I was very happy to have finally arrived. 

3. Am obsessed with: LIFE!  more specifically Bob, my family, my closest friends, dogs, especially my golden retrievers, movies, books, art, theater, I also have a rather keen interest in spiritualism and the paranormal.  I am glued to the tube whenever any of those shows about hauntings are on

4. Can’t live without: BOB he is my love, my life, my touchstone, he grounds me... and ... I absolutely must have a dog in my life always.
5. Am petrified of: Falling. I don't like heights at all, there will be no rock climbing, bungee jumping, sky diving etc for this girl, it would kill me.

6. Am proud of: Completing my post graduate degree

7. Really need to: plant a vegetable garden this year and then make perseves in the fall with my harvest

8. Don’t get why: Some people have to mean.  Meanness, smallness, pettiness are choices and they say alot about the person who chooses them.

9. Think alternative medicine is: Very valid, many "alternative" treatments are merely treatments from days gone by and many are beneficial.  Of course you have to pay attention to seperate the quackery from the valid but that's no problem as long as your remember one thing:  If it sounds to good to be true it probably is!

10. Relax by: laying in the hammock with a good book, cuddling with my husband and listening to music or watching a movie, taking my dogs on a walk around the lake

11. Fantasize about: Traveling the world

12. Fridge usually contains: all the usual condiments and salad dressings, orange juice, Milk, Diet Coke, Harp Ale, 2 or 3  kinds of cheese ( right now it's Brie, Fontaggio, Dubliner) Turkey, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, bacon, butter, a bottle of Savignon Blanc, lettuce, squash, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatos, green onions, red onion, red potatos, carrots, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, bing cherries and 1/2 of a cherry pie

13. Teenage years were: a mixed bag, lots of fun, but I was so much taller than everyone else I took a lot of teasing that was very painful and left me doubting my body image and my attractiveness.  I heard the word "Amazon" alot and to this day cannot tolerate anyone critising a woman for her appearance.

14. Family is: very loving, always has been.  We lost my little sister Roberta in 1971, my Grandfather in 1968, Grandmother in 1977,  Mom in 1994 now it is just Daddy, Teddy and Me....but we have added Bob ( of course) Sandy (Teddy's wife) and my neices Debbie, Heather and Ellie.

15. Favourite thing is: SsssssHHHH don't tell anyone but I am a homebody at heart.  I love being at home, keeping house, gardening, cooking for my husband, (I don't iron his shirts or darn socks  we send that stuff out) but I could easily slip into my shirtwaist and Donna Reed pearls and play housewife.   ;)

16. Friends don’t understand why: If they wonder anything about me I have no idea, no's ever said anything to me

17. Attitude to exercise is: It is a necessary evil, I enjoy walking but everything else is a chore and a bore besides I hate to sweat.

18. Relationship with my body is: Ongoing and evolving.  I try to be kind to it by making healthy food choices, staying away from junk food for the most part, getting a little exercise, enough sleep, regular check up....but I do need to lose a few pounds...it's just so friggin hard!

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: Believer born and bred, but I have no use for hypocrits and do not suffer gladly those fools who presume to sit in judgement of others based on their narrow views and misintrepretations.  Even God doesn't presume to judge us until our last day.

20. Left or right or on the fence: a heathy step left of center

WHEW Kerry that was WORK   :P

That is soooo sweet!!!  :-*  :-*

Me too Dottie!! I love "Ghost Hunters" on the Sci Fi channel, and "Most Haunted" on the Travel Channel, and anything else in between!  :D

I couldn't agree more. I don't know what I would do without my boyfriend Alex and my dog Cody!

[[[Dottie]]]  :-*  :-*

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 03:09:30 am »

Me too Dottie!! I love "Ghost Hunters" on the Sci Fi channel, and "Most Haunted" on the Travel Channel, and anything else in between!  :D

ME TOO!  Bob and I watch all that stuff.  And those shows that use to be on The Discovery Channel called "A Haunting"  good creepy supposedly true stories.  Bob always says "WHY do they stay, that stuff starts happening here and we are HISTORY!"  :laugh:
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 10:24:18 am »

I'm with you, Dottie. I too am a real homebody. I love my home and enjoy being at home. I'm safe here. "They" can't hurt me here. My paintings are on the walls, my books are in the bookcases, my trusty easel is in the corner, and my collection of statues of Egyptian gods look benevolently down at me. This is my space. It's so good to be here.

I'm with you about the judgemental hypocrites, too. Isn't there something in the Gospel of St John that says, "Judge not lest ye be judged, for as ye judge so shall ye be judged." (close as I can remember - long time since I read it) 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν