Author Topic: Psst... it's me.  (Read 5238 times)

LakeStupid

Psst... it's me.
« on: April 26, 2006, 10:28:08 pm »
Hey gang.

It's me, David Thomas (The Stud Duck).  Hmmm... where do I begin?

It's been a rough month this April and... it just wasn't good for me to be spending so much of my time at Chez Tremblay, which is why I left.  Sadly, I had become very suicidal and a lot of the personal things going on in my life were becoming too much for me and needed all of the energy and attention that I was putting towards all of you guys.

It wasn't until this past weekend that I had told my mentor that I had, in fact, quit you guys some time ago.  And she was sorry to hear that I had pulled away from not only you, but virtually everyone in my life -- there have only been but a few people that I've been associating with.  Vicki, Becky and Celeste know all too well... I know you gals are still patiently waiting on e-mails from me.  And for that I apologize.

Things are going... okay... so-so... for now.  I'm not spectacular, but I am hanging in there.  I wanted everyone to know that I think about you guys from time to time... and I actually have a story that I may post a little later that happened to me Monday night that made me think of everyone here at Chez Tremblay.

As I impulsively deleted my account weeks ago... I haven't known anything that has been going on here... I've not even been reading.  So I really have no idea what everyone else has been up to.  You don't have to fill me in with all of the details just now... I'm just saying... forgive me if I'm a little bit behind on information.

I don't anticipate to be posting as often as I once was... but I do plan on checkiing in every couple of days.  I understand that there is a problem with an excessive amount of lurkers and not enough of posters among the registered users.  I want to make it clear that... um... I will probably be lurking more than I will be posting.  But just know that it is me, David Thomas, aka The Stud Duck... who is sort of wading a little bit back into his old waters.

And dammit... I have missed Sheyne so much... I was such an idiot and didn't look to see what her e-mail address was in her little profile before I deleted my account -- I had been so used to the PMs.  How is playground duty, my dear?

What am I saying?  I've missed a lot of you guys... I wish I was feeling well enough to be as accessible... but the truth is that I'm just not.  I'll be here a little bit every now and then... but, like I said, don't expect me to be Mr. Personality or anything.

And now for the moment I've been waiting for... I finally get to use a cowboy emoticon for the first time in quite a while.  So I'm going to use my most favoritest one of the bunch.

:D YEEHAW!

Yours,
David Thomas (The Stud Duck who is now known as Lake Stupid -- do we have any Garfield fans out there?)

moremojo

Re: Psst... it's me.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 10:40:21 pm »
Welcome back, David. Sorry to hear you've been going through a rough patch; hope things are better now. And glad that you decided to give BetterMost another go, even if it will be primarily as a 'lurker' than as a poster (which is absolutely fine--everyone in their own time, I say). I hope you can get some enjoyment out of your presence here, and that our little community can be a source of support and friendship to you as we continue our 'Brokeback' journey together.

Peace to you,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:02:46 pm by moremojo »

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 11:03:39 pm »
David (The Stud Duck),

Jenny here, I joined after you left.  I, like a lot of people here, missed you.  You are a vey special person to the CT family.  Sorry to hear what you have been through lately.  I hope things are getting better on your end.  Lurking all you want, and join us if you feel you are in the spirit to do so.  Take good care of yourself, ok?  :-*

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 11:10:50 pm »
Dear Studfly Duckling: I missed you, and you priobably don';t even know who I am...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

vkm91941

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:18:37 pm »
Studly honey! I am so glad you're feeling a little better, and that you will be here even as a lurker.  You've more than earned the right to lurk.  I've been so concerned for you, think of you often and keep you in my prayers.   :-*

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 11:19:34 pm »
It's been a rough month this April and... it just wasn't good for me to be spending so much of my time at Chez Tremblay, which is why I left.  Sadly, I had become very suicidal and a lot of the personal things going on in my life were becoming too much for me and needed all of the energy and attention that I was putting towards all of you guys.

It wasn't until this past weekend that I had told my mentor that I had, in fact, quit you guys some time ago.  And she was sorry to hear that I had pulled away from not only you, but virtually everyone in my life -- there have only been but a few people that I've been associating with.  Vicki, Becky and Celeste know all too well... I know you gals are still patiently waiting on e-mails from me.  And for that I apologize.

Welcome back.  Having seen depression and the results of it close up, it's extremely common for people to pull away from others and withdraw and get isolated.  Part of this seems to be because we just don't get as much enjoyment from things like one used to, and the other is the inner demons telling you basically "what's the point."  The advice I have seen given most often is to fight that urge as much as possible, but more importantly, I think I can speak for everyone in saying we are glad to have you back, and we understand.  We can put a period on those last few weeks and just move forward together!

I'd urge you to take things one day at a time and take good care of yourself.  I've found eating right and exercise can make a big difference, as is just getting out of the house.  Remember that this is a place you can share your feelings and get some encouragement and support.  Take care!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 11:22:32 pm »
Do you remember the Christmas cartoon of Rudolph the red nosed raindeer?

Rudolph was living with all the other unwanted toys.   The land of MisFit toys as it was called.    Sometimes I swear thats how I see us all.     The more personal stories we share here just reafirm to me that we are all to some degree just another misfit toy looking for a new owner.

So welcome back to the land of misfit toys!      :)

David Frederick

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 11:48:51 pm »
Whatever, however, whenever, friend...as you wish, as you need.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 12:12:06 am »
Welcome back friend!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 12:24:37 am »
Welcome back! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Take all the time you need, we'll be here.

:D (I like this one too!)