Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2166241 times)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Laundry Can Wait
« Reply #1510 on: August 15, 2007, 07:16:56 pm »
A lovely, evocative story, BBM-Cat. The wonderfully descriptive details of Jack seeking remembrance of Ennis through the warmth and scent of his bedroll impression are very moving and sensual. Jack was never one to let go of a dream, that's for sure.

Congratulations on your first story (and such a wonderful one at that), and please feel free to share more.

Scott M.

Thank you Scott, that's really very kind! I'm glad the sensual aspect was conveyed through the story - it was a bit challlenging to put it into words.

BTW, I've enjoyed your posts in other threads - and I'm very glad for the virtual meeting!

Take Care,
Chris.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Dagi

Re: Laundry Can Wait
« Reply #1511 on: August 15, 2007, 07:21:07 pm »

I'm glad the sensual aspect was conveyed through the story

I think it was conveyed perfectly!

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Silk and Flesh (Part 4)
« Reply #1512 on: August 15, 2007, 10:07:57 pm »
Silk and Flesh (Part 4) by Littlewing1957

BBM-Cat, this one is for you!

Jack was sleeping soundly on his lover’s chest, but sleep eluded Ennis.  He held Jack very close, and remained very still.  It wouldn't do to wake him.  Ennis placed a gentle kiss on Jack’s forehead and watched him sleep.

Ennis' silk pajamas lay in a crumple by the side of the bed.  He looked at the crème colored silk and remembered the day when Jack placed an elaborately wrapped box on his lap.  “A gift for you, just because.”  Jack said when Ennis fingered the package nervously.  Ennis opened the gift slowly, and even folded the wrapping paper and the brightly colored ribbon.  When he held the PJs, the top of which was engraved with his initials, no less, Ennis was silent.  He didn’t know what to say.  But he thanked Jack – in bed!

Ennis blushed when Jack told him how sexy he looked in his PJs.  Jack thought the feel of the silk was one long caress.  He liked to trace Ennis’ initials, embroidered on the breast pocket with the finest threads, with a finger.  But Ennis preferred the feel of Jack’s smooth skin.  He looked down at his lover’s fine body, smiled, slept.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Silk and Flesh (Part 4)
« Reply #1513 on: August 15, 2007, 11:30:49 pm »
Hi there littlewing,

You're making me want to go out and buy myself silk pj's.  I don't think I've ever owned anything made of silk. 

You always paint such a loving image of the boys.

Gary

Thanks, Gary!  Silk does feel good against the skin!

Offline coffeecat33

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1514 on: August 15, 2007, 11:34:50 pm »
I just saw this post - you are right about silk, it does feel wonderful against the skin.  ;)

Thinking of J & E wearing silk.  :)  :D  ;D

Offline coffeecat33

Twenty-One
« Reply #1515 on: August 15, 2007, 11:44:41 pm »
They were twenty-one when they agreed on a sweet life together.

They were forty-two when they celebrated twenty-one years together.

They were sixty-three when they celebrated forty-two years together.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1516 on: August 16, 2007, 12:20:07 am »
Silk and Flesh (Part 4) by Littlewing1957

BBM-Cat, this one is for you!
Awww, Littlewing...what an incredibly sweet dedication. I feel so honored!  :D And, what a delightful continuance of part 3 - capturing Ennis' awkward memory of something he'd never wear in a million years...yet, respectfully tolerating Jack's fantasy ! I love the line, But he thanked Jack – in bed (as if Ennis needed an excuse to 'thank' Jack!)  ;) And, can't you just visualize Jack having a field day with Ennis' silk pajamas?
Think I know what I'll get my husband for his birthday! Thanks for the idea. (oops, I hope he doesn't see this!)  ;)
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Simple Dreams
« Reply #1517 on: August 16, 2007, 12:45:18 am »
Simple Dreams by Toycoon

"Alright now, just one ... more... , " he said swinging the hammer down on the final nail of the rustic sign, "looks purty good, huh, whatta ya think?" Ennis climbed down the wooden ladder, stepped backwards to join Jack, put his arm around him and together they inspected their hard work.

Jack pushed back the brim of his cowboy hat with his index finger, squinted as he faced the sun and read the engraving on the wide sign aloud: Brokeback Ranch, E Bar J. The archway framed the modest farm and all it's trappings perfectly: a small herd of cattle, their calves and a half acre of land. Ennis squeezed his partner's bicep and Jack, burying his head in the crook of Ennis' shoulder, began to sob softly; he had no words to describe his pride in finally achieving his lifelong dream.

"Finally," remarked John Twist sarcastically, "I thought you'd never git that damn yard cleared up. Maybe if you'd got that Ennis Del Mar ta help like ya said he would, ya could'a got it done quicker." Jack glanced around at the piles of dried brush, dirt and jagged rocks with incredulity; how could his simple dream really have been too much to ask for.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:36:25 am by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1518 on: August 16, 2007, 12:55:09 am »
DANGIT!  I was working on a sequel to Cat's Sheep Can Wait and it's gotten lost somewhere in the silicon ether.  Sheeeit . . .  I'm giving it a few more hours to come through my email.  Wish me luck... :-\

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1519 on: August 16, 2007, 01:12:01 am »
"Alright now, just one ... more... , " he said swinging the hammer down on the final nail of the rustic sign, "looks purty good, huh, whatta ya think?" Ennis climbed down the wooden ladder, stepped backwards to join Jack, put his arm him and together they inspected their hard work.

Jack pushed back the brim of his cowboy hat with his index finger, squinted as he faced the sun and read the engraving on the wide sign aloud: Brokeback Ranch, E Bar J. The archway framed the modest farm and all it's trappings perfectly: a small herd of cattle, their calves and a half acre of land. Ennis squeezed his partner's bicep and Jack, burying his head in the crook of Ennis' shoulder, began to sob softly; he had no words to describe his pride in finally achieving his lifelong dream.

"Finally," remarked John Twist sarcastically, "I thought you'd never git that damn yard cleared up. Maybe if you'd got that Ennis Del Mar ta help like ya said he would, ya could'a got it done quicker." Jack glanced around at the piles of dried brush, dirt and jagged rocks with incredulity; how could his simple dream really have been too much to ask for.

Toycoon, How extremely poignant! I was thinking, YES! Jack finally saw his dream of the sweet life with Ennis come to fruition (loved the Brokeback Ranch, E Bar J ), and the idea of them building their dream together. I was not prepared for the letdown of the ending, so abrupt and painful, leaving Jack no further than where he had dared to dream. :(