Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2160182 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Right (79)
« Reply #3200 on: February 22, 2008, 01:14:17 am »
Afternoon, Little.

Well, the plot thickens.  Looks like all roads lead to Preen, and all of the protagonists and antagonists are on those roads.  Can almost see the black-and-white montage, with OMT getting down his gun and checking it, and Leroy doing the same, and Alan sweating bullets [so to speak] watching Leroy, and two cars with two couples in formal wear headed to Preen for a drink with the ladies and the gents having different expectations, and a pick-up truck heading out into the night away from a dark ranch house with the drive illuminated by the light from a downstairs window, and the moon racing along behind ever-thickening clouds precurser to a storm blowing in from the West... Gives me shivers. [Suddenly in the darkness a shot rang out! Following immediately by another from the opposite side of the room! The flash of gunpowder from the barrels of the two pistols grotesquely lighted for an instant the frozen shapes and figures in the room. Then something hit the floor with a sharp 'thud', and a woman screamed.]

So... Toy... So... Ahem... Next... ...

Thanks again. 

Cwby30, brilliant comments, as always.  I wish I had your writing skill, but I'm trying.  I'll get there!  Thanks for your kind words.  I can't wait to read the next installment!  :)

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3201 on: February 22, 2008, 11:18:20 am »
Mornin', Littlewing.

Well, appreciate the compliment, but right back at ya! You and Toy have created an AU with a different premise and lots of angst and lovin' and interesting OCs and action, a good look into the lives of two now 20-year-olds in a small town feeling their way through 'this thing' in the midst of friends and family.  I too look forward to 'the rest of the story', as I have since the beginning.

Thanks again. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3202 on: February 22, 2008, 12:50:52 pm »
Mornin', Littlewing.

Well, appreciate the compliment, but right back at ya! You and Toy have created an AU with a different premise and lots of angst and lovin' and interesting OCs and action, a good look into the lives of two now 20-year-olds in a small town feeling their way through 'this thing' in the midst of friends and family.  I too look forward to 'the rest of the story', as I have since the beginning.

Thanks again. 

Why, thank you so much!  I'll tell you -- I could go on with this forever, but I think Toycoon is about ready to wrap things up.  If Toy is ready to end the tale, perhaps he'll be willing to start a Part 2, the time when Ennis and Jack work on having that sweet life.  How about it, Toy?

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3203 on: February 22, 2008, 01:51:03 pm »
Why, thank you so much!  I'll tell you -- I could go on with this forever, but I think Toycoon is about ready to wrap things up.  If Toy is ready to end the tale, perhaps he'll be willing to start a Part 2, the time when Ennis and Jack work on having that sweet life.  How about it, Toy?

Hello cwby30,
Between your inspirational comments and Littlewing's devotion, you both keep me riveted at the keyboard!
I wasn't sure what was gonnna happen next but last night, I had some wild ideas about where this 'thing' was goin'. I think everyone will be surprised!
I'm going to a wedding this afternoon so I can't continue 'til tomorrow. Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 03:01:35 am by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3204 on: February 22, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »
Mornin', everyone.

Well, not sure this is the proper place, but a friend sent me this and I just had to share it with you.

Thanks again.

I THOUGHT I WAS A COWBOY

An old cowboy sat down at the Starbucks and ordered a cup of coffee.
As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him.

She turned to the cowboy and asked, 'Are you a real cowboy?'

He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life breaking colts, working cows,
going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves,bailing hay, doctoring calves,
cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs,
so I guess I am a cowboy.'

She said, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women.
As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women.
When I shower, I think about women.
When I watch TV, I think about women.
I even think about women when I eat.
It seems that everything makes me think of women.'

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side
of the old cowboy and asked, 'Are you a real cowboy?'

He replied, 'I always thought I was,
but I just found out that I'm a lesbian.'

PSSSS.

Somehow it made me think of Ennis with a dry sense of humor and the right 'other man' [Jack] sitting down with him only to cough up his coffee.  The logic is impeccable, and could even be worked into a scene in a fanfic someday... maybe... then again maybe not... Hmmm...

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3205 on: February 22, 2008, 06:22:38 pm »
Mornin', everyone.

Well, not sure this is the proper place, but a friend sent me this and I just had to share it with you.

Thanks again.

I THOUGHT I WAS A COWBOY

An old cowboy sat down at the Starbucks and ordered a cup of coffee.
As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him.

She turned to the cowboy and asked, 'Are you a real cowboy?'

He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life breaking colts, working cows,
going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves,bailing hay, doctoring calves,
cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs,
so I guess I am a cowboy.'

She said, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women.
As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women.
When I shower, I think about women.
When I watch TV, I think about women.
I even think about women when I eat.
It seems that everything makes me think of women.'

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side
of the old cowboy and asked, 'Are you a real cowboy?'

He replied, 'I always thought I was,
but I just found out that I'm a lesbian.'

PSSSS.

Somehow it made me think of Ennis with a dry sense of humor and the right 'other man' [Jack] sitting down with him only to cough up his coffee.  The logic is impeccable, and could even be worked into a scene in a fanfic someday... maybe... then again maybe not... Hmmm...

I like this, cwby30!  I really enjoyed reading it, and agree that it would make a nice intro to a fanfic.  Perhaps I'll try to fashion a story based on the piece.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3206 on: February 22, 2008, 06:24:23 pm »
Hello cwby30,
Between your inspirational comments and Littlewing's devotion, you both keep me at the riveted keyboard!
I wasn't sure what was gonnna happen next but last night, I had some wild ideas about where this 'thing' was goin'. I think everyone will be surprised!
I'm going to a wedding this afternoon so I can't continue 'til tomorrow. Stay tuned...

Toycoon, I'm so glad to read that you want to continue the story.  I am so very happy!  :)

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!  :-*

Dagi

« Reply #3207 on: February 23, 2008, 06:13:24 pm »
Hi there all you great writers,

please don't give up on me. I haven't forgotten about you all, I'll try to come back soon and catch up with you guys! Love you all!  :-*

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3208 on: February 24, 2008, 12:13:29 am »
Hi there all you great writers,

please don't give up on me. I haven't forgotten about you all, I'll try to come back soon and catch up with you guys! Love you all!  :-*

Dagi

We can never forget about you, beloved!  We all wait for the day when you can rejoin us.  We love you, Dagi!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (80) by Toycoon
« Reply #3209 on: February 24, 2008, 03:48:59 pm »
Right (80) by Toycoon

Thin clouds obscured the pale winter moon glowing in the black sky. Raquel and Ennis drove along the dark road in relative silence when, she suddenly slowed the car and pulled over to the side of the road under a street lamp. Ennis looked all around then turned to her. "What's the matter? Somethin' wrong with yer car?" he said, concerned.

Raquel put the Buick in park and switched off the lights. She hesitated for a few minutes then reached for her purse. She produced a pack of cigarettes, then put one in her mouth and flicked her Ronson lighter. Her fingers trembled as she tried to light the end. Ennis took her hand and steadied her arm to light the cigarette. Raquel rolled down the car window half way and exhaled the smoke. Ennis was confused by Raquel's actions. "Raquel, shouldn't we be gettin' to Katie's shop? They'll be waitin' for us. Um, you want me t' drive?" Raquel looked lost.  "Ennis, can I ask you something?" She sighed and wrapped her tiny hands around the steering wheel. "Do you like me?" she asked, staring straight ahead. "S-sure... I like you," he whispered, unsure. Ennis fumbled around in his tuxedo pocket for a half smoked cigarette from earlier in the evening. He found it and popped into his mouth then used the car's lighter to light it.  He paused before continuing. "I guess I'm just stuck on someone else. We was engaged to be married but she broke it off."

"She?" Raquel was at once, forlorn and hopeful. She gazed at the handsome cowboy beside her in the front seat. A white Ford truck sped past them at that moment.  They both watched the truck disappear down the road in a cloud of dust. "Wonder where they goin' in such a hurry?" She flicked her cigarette out the window and rolled it back up before turning the key in the ignition. "She's a little fool to lose you." Raquel smiled, stroked Ennis' hand and kissed him on the cheek. "You're right, Ennis, we should get going." With that, they pulled away from the curb and headed towards Katie's shop.

"This has been one, hell of a night, huh?" exclaimed Jack, taking off his tuxedo jacket. He draped it carefully over the back of a little pink velvet chair in a lingerie display then popped his cowboy hat on the shoulder. "Man, I ain't never seen such a mess in all my days! Didya see the look on Leroy's face when Rockie clobbered him? Too much, I tell you!" Katie walked around her shop turning on a few of the lamps for mood lighting. "That sonofabitch had it coming. Did you hear some of the stuff he was sayin' ta' us?" Katie stopped in front of a porcelain lamp with a beige, fabric shade. She twirled the little chain between her fingers before pulling it. "Hey Jack, where were you when Leroy was buggin' me and Rockie? I thought you was my date," she teased. Jack hesitated for a moment before he began to answer. "I was out havin' a smoke when we... I, heard a crash..." There was a rap at the front door and they both turned to see Peggy Ann and  her boyfriend, Charlie, standing outside, shivering in the cold.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 05:50:52 pm by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero