Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2123068 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
The Rain
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 04:02:04 pm »
Under willows encircled with ivy
We take cover in blustery weather
My arms are wreathed about you,
In my rain cape we huddle together

I was wrong, my love, not ivy
But hops encircle this willow.
Well then, let’s spread in its shelter
My cape for a rug and a pillow.
                        -Boris Pasternak

Ennis enjoyed the rain.  He remembers listening to the soft whisper of rain drops when he was a boy, and craving the dewy feel of rain on his forehead.  On Brokeback the rains came often -  Rain as heavy as beaded curtains, flowing, dancing in the wind.

Jack Twist hated the rain, cursed the wind, the wet!  He loathed herding sheep in the rain.  Ennis knew this and thought he should carve a little something for his friend, perhaps a small dog?  Jack Twist always loved a small dog.

The tent was warm enough, and the view out of the tent flap of all that glorious rain!  The small dog was coming along fine, but Ennis missed Jack.  When the wind calmed down a bit, he would perhaps surprise his mate with a bottle of whiskey, a small dog and a cape big enough for two.

Dagi

Littlewing, could you please repost My hand in hisPLEASE?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Littlewing, could you please repost My hand in hisPLEASE?

I don't have it, Dagi!  I 'll look through some of the reposted J&E threads over at the other Board.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't save everything! :'(

By the way, Dagi - is that a pic of you?  You're very lovely!  :)

Dagi

Littlewing, I can comfort you: I have it on paper. I can type it anew if you don´t have it! Not today, but I will post it in your name if that´s allright.

And yes, of course it´s me. Thank you! I sure would like to see a pic of yours! You have my email, if you feel like letting me know...

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Littlewing, I can comfort you: I have it on paper. I can type it anew if you don´t have it! Not today, but I will post it in your name if that´s allright.

And yes, of course it´s me. Thank you! I sure would like to see a pic of yours! You have my email, if you feel like letting me know...

Thanks, Dagi!  Yes, please repost whenever you get to it.  No rush!  I'm going to post my pics when I can download them to my computer.  I'll also send you some!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Just a quickie to Dagi and Littlewing,

I have all the stories on Word, so I'll dig out "My hand in His" and pm it to you littlewing.
Looks like I have a lot of reading to do!

I'll be back later

Susie xox SmileyCentral.com" border="0

That's right!  Susie, you're my girl!  May I send you requests for reposts?  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Susiebell---Looks like friends with chocolate are on the thread with ya now!! LOL.   ;)

Whooo-Wheee!!! Thanks for starting up a new thread for Jack and Ennis on Bettermost, Toycoon!!! I always read; just don't post much. I'll try to now and then when I can think of sump'n.

The Strawberry Roan

"..............He's about the worst bucker I've seen on the range
He'll turn on a Nickel and give you some change
He hits on all fours and goes up on high
Leaves me a spinnin' up there in the sky
I turns over twice and I comes back to earth
I lights in a cussin' the day of his birth
I know there are ponies that I cannot ride
There's some of them left, they haven't all died.

I'll bet all my money, the man ain't alive
That'll stay with Old Strawberry
When he makes his high diiiiiiiiiiiiive."

Ennis sat back as he finished the song, his gravelly voice holding the last note a little longer than Marty Robbins would have.

"Ennis," drawled Jack, "that's a pretty fair rendition of that particular lyric."

Ennis, watching intently as Jack tossed another chunk of wood on the campfire,  emitted a noncommittal grunt at what he hoped was a compliment from his new buddy.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
Silent Confessions
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 05:47:25 pm »
What a great idea for a thread.  :)

Silent Confessions...

Ennis looked lovingly at Jack’s resting form – his breathing was steady and soft, and his face was as peaceful as that of a sleeping child.

“My little darlin’,” he whispered, snuggling closer into Jack before draping a protective arm around him...how easy it was to let go of the words when he was certain that Jack was asleep.

Soon, Ennis fell into sweet slumber; Jack opened his eyes slowly and kissed his lover’s lips lightly, “I love you too,” he said softly, drawing the sleeping man into his arms.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 06:20:04 pm by Lucise »

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
The Night After
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 06:49:22 pm »
Hey there all of you!!!!  So glad you are all here!!!!   It's been a long, long time since I tried this game, mind if I join in?

Here'a a real short one to get started....

The Night After

Ennis looked up at the stars.  The night was clear, the moon were bright.  The sheep were crying and singing all around him.  The night was warm just like the last night had been.

Ennis closed his eyes.  He was back in the tent, back in Jack’s warm arms.  He could feel it all again, Jack’s warm lips on his trembling lips , Jack’s hands traveling all over him, sending sparks of fire all through him.  He had been so nervous, but it all became so sweet.

Ennis opened his eyes.  He looked back up at the stars.  He could feel their distant fire and warmth.  He looked down the mountain, he could see Jack’s campfire.  A wave of desire swept over him.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:02:35 pm by Cameron »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!

Great short story, Marl! 

Fancy seeing you here!  8)