Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2120039 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Before the Nuptials
« Reply #1070 on: July 22, 2007, 11:47:24 pm »

Ah, you naughty boy Gary! .... I LOVE LOVE LOVE  it .... and it was very educational too .... I learned all about Dorothy!... thanks for reposting it! 

Susie

Thanks for reposting, Gary!  This is another favorite of mine.  Extremely orginal and very well written.  Brilliant!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Cassie and Carl
« Reply #1071 on: July 23, 2007, 02:09:33 am »
Cassie and Carl by Littlewing 1957

Cassie placed a small skillet on her tiny range and turned up the flame.  She wanted to prepare dinner for her boyfriend, but he wouldn’t return her calls.  Ennis was surely back from his fishing trip, but she hadn’t heard from him.  Even Steve at the ranch, who took messages for him, confirmed that Ennis was not only in town, but was back to work.

“Well, it’s his loss!”  Cassie thought as she double battered a few chicken wings.  Her fried chicken recipe was famous in Riverton, and was certainly one of Ennis’ favorites.  She loved to see him tear the meat from the bone – one time he even licked his plate after the meal was devoured.  Cassie had half a mind to drive over to his trailer and surprise him with a dinner of fried chicken wings, cole slaw, dinner rolls and apple pie for dessert.  But she just couldn’t.  Ennis pitched a fit the last time she showed up at his place without calling ahead.

10 minutes later Cassie sat down to a meal of chicken wings and potato salad.  She decided against the cole slaw and rolls.  The apple pie was out of the question, as she was trying to lose a few pounds.  After her meal, Cassie sprawled out on her twin sized bed and thought about Ennis.  She loved him, but his neglect was really hurting her.  She was becoming depressed, and was beginning to feel bad about herself.  But just then, a forceful knocking chased Ennis Del Mar from her mind.  Cassie looked through the peep hole of her cheap apartment door and spied Carl.  Carl was just a friend, and was good for a few laughs.  Cassie opened the door and allowed Carl to enter.

“Hey, Cassie, my sis is comin’ in at the Greyhound Station in about a half an hour.”  Carl began, in an obvious rush.  “My car is in the shop, and I’m wondering if you can take me to pick her up?”  Cassie shrugged.

“Yeah, I guess so, Carl.”  Cassie answered as she moved to her bedroom to fetch her bomber jacket.  “Have a seat while I get my jacket.  You want some chicken?”

“Don’t mind if I do!”  Carl, excited at the thought of Cassie’s fried chicken.  He grabbed a wing from the kitchen table and wolfed it down.  Cassie waited until Carl wiped his greasy fingers and they headed out the door….

Dagi

Re: Before the Nuptials
« Reply #1072 on: July 23, 2007, 06:09:16 am »
Oh no, I've corrupted you.  Those small, defenseless young men in your community had better look out now.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm glad you liked my story.  I thought it was wonderfully subversive.  Jack feels he has no choice but to enter into a hetero marriage, and he has to do it in public, too.  But there he is behind the scenes getting his knob polished by a cute boy, who happens to be the bride's very own cousin, someone she invited.  And not only that, one of Lureen's bridesmaids appears to be a lesbian.  (She doesn't have a boyfriend, and never has had one.  Hmmm)  Wonder if Lureen ever got up to anything with her.   :P

Gary

Thank you for explaining all the details, but you won´t believe it, I got them all by myself! I may use simply constructed sentences, but that is not because I´m daft  ;).

And yes, you´ve  really corrupted me  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

Love, Dagi

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1073 on: July 23, 2007, 06:18:14 am »
hey there, I just can't keep up with these posts on here!

Thank you everyone for posting so frequently and with such original ideas.  Now if only I could... catch up.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Dagi

Re: Cassie and Carl
« Reply #1074 on: July 23, 2007, 06:57:17 am »
Cassie and Carl by Littlewing 1957

Cassie placed a small skillet on her tiny range and turned up the flame.  She wanted to prepare dinner for her boyfriend, but he wouldn’t return her calls.  Ennis was surely back from his fishing trip, but she hadn’t heard from him.  Even Steve at the ranch, who took messages for him, confirmed that Ennis was not only in town, but was back to work.

“Well, it’s his loss!”  Cassie thought as she double battered a few chicken wings.  Her fried chicken recipe was famous in Riverton, and was certainly one of Ennis’ favorites.  She loved to see him tear the meat from the bone – one time he even licked his plate after the meal was devoured.  Cassie had half a mind to drive over to his trailer and surprise him with a dinner of fried chicken wings, cole slaw, dinner rolls and apple pie for dessert.  But she just couldn’t.  Ennis pitched a fit the last time she showed up at his place without calling ahead.

10 minutes later Cassie sat down to a meal of chicken wings and potato salad.  She decided against the cole slaw and rolls.  The apple pie was out of the question, as she was trying to lose a few pounds.  After her meal, Cassie sprawled out on her twin sized bed and thought about Ennis.  She loved him, but his neglect was really hurting her.  She was becoming depressed, and was beginning to feel bad about herself.  But just then, a forceful knocking chased Ennis Del Mar from her mind.  Cassie looked through the peep hole of her cheap apartment door and spied Carl.  Carl was just a friend, and was good for a few laughs.  Cassie opened the door and allowed Carl to enter.

“Hey, Cassie, my sis is comin’ in at the Greyhound Station in about a half an hour.”  Carl began, in an obvious rush.  “My car is in the shop, and I’m wondering if you can take me to pick her up?”  Cassie shrugged.

“Yeah, I guess so, Carl.”  Cassie answered as she moved to her bedroom to fetch her bomber jacket.  “Have a seat while I get my jacket.  You want some chicken?”

“Don’t mind if I do!”  Carl, excited at the thought of Cassie’s fried chicken.  He grabbed a wing from the kitchen table and wolfed it down.  Cassie waited until Carl wiped his greasy fingers and they headed out the door….

Hey Marie,
you made me hungry  :laugh:!!! MMM Ennis is a fool....just kidding.

I always wondered who Carl was. Now I know, thank you!

Beautiful, as always, honey. Shows that not a single person in this movie is trivial or unimportant.

Dagi

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Cassie and Carl
« Reply #1075 on: July 23, 2007, 09:37:09 am »
“Well, it’s his loss!”  Cassie thought as she double battered a few chicken wings.

Littlewing, I really liked the way you dovetailed this story into the movie's. It makes perfect sense that Carl is just an 'acquaintance" and a diversion from Ennis for Cassie.
Ennis is so far away as he sits there barely eating his pie. Poor Cassie, she never saw it coming.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Dagi's boarder trim
« Reply #1076 on: July 23, 2007, 09:40:18 am »
Dagi,
I like the boarder picture (I don't know if those have a technical term or not) you have on your posts. Did you make that yourself? How'd you get that to stick?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Old Man Twist
« Reply #1077 on: July 23, 2007, 09:44:58 am »
And I'm probably related to her ... about 95% of Brits are descendants of royalty!!  don't worry though, I won't put on any airs and graces ... you may address me as "Ma'am" from now on!! Susie

Maw goodness! I had no idea you was a queen. Well, that explains it then, Your Royal Majesty.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1078 on: July 23, 2007, 09:49:17 am »
“Don’t wanna go... got no life in Sage... don’t want Alma... want you.”

Princess Susiebell, this is so cute. I love the way you've captured Ennis' Western syntax.

Is this a re-post? I don't recall reading this before. I'm looking forward to the saga. Thanks!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1079 on: July 23, 2007, 09:53:39 am »
The journey back to Lightening Flat was uncomfortable.  Ennis’s mind was in a spin; staying with Jack seemed like a the most natural thing to do up on Brokeback, but down here on the plains, the reality of it was entirely different, niggling doubts were working their way into his thoughts , creeping up on him like a slow cancer.

Fantastic first paragraph!

Either you go back home to Sage and marry your sweetheart, or …..” he flashed Ennis a smile, unzipping the fly’s on his jeans “….. It could be like this always!” releasing Ennis’ aching flesh and ducking down under the dashboard.

Mmmmm, royally nasty!