Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170598 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Lonnie: Summer of '62
« Reply #1600 on: August 19, 2007, 02:07:30 am »
Hi there Littlewing.  Not sure what happened to Lonnie.  I'd like to think that he went back to Texas and took over his Granddad's ranch, and maybe fell in love with a hot ranch hand.   ;D

But you can find out what happened to Lonnie before by watching HUD.  It really is an amazing film.  Check it out sometime if you haven't already.

Gary

I don't know why I haven't seen HUD yet.  I'll have to geo check it out!  :)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1601 on: August 19, 2007, 07:43:42 am »
Did you know there is an Jack with Ennis archive where you can read the stories one after the other? But this way you´ll miss such lovely things as Susie´s Vac pics...

Dagi

Yes, thank you - I did recently find the archive. You're right, I would have missed Susie's lovely vacation pics! I enjoyed Ticklish part 3 as I did parts 1 and 2 - what a group effort!
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Simple Dreams: Part 2
« Reply #1602 on: August 19, 2007, 08:09:24 am »
Simple Dreams by Toycoon  http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,10312.2520.html

Simple Dreams: Part 2  BBM-Cat

Jack shook off the sting of his father’s words, that old intrusive memory, and the despair that had owned him for so long. Ever accused by his old man of having so many dreams that never came to pass, Jack felt a sense of triumph in achieving what his father never thought he could, and he was glad that he would not be around to disparage it.

“Where’d ya go, Bud?” Ennis looked searchingly at Jack whose momentary shudder had released their embrace; and, with a pause and silent understanding, Ennis pulled his cowboy close, gently guiding Jack’s head back to the crook of his shoulder, caressing his hair, and feeling his body relax as well as his now more urgent and uncontrolled sobs. “Shhh,..…s’alright….Jack,.....'”, Ennis whispered, "....s’alright.....lil' darlin'....", his term of endearment barely audible, he swallowed hard trying to restrain his own emotions as thoughts of the silent, lifetime commitment he had made to Jack in his heart, surged. Jack all the while, cradled by Ennis, was overwhelmed with the realization that those comforting, strong arms were really real; and, that his vision for a sweet life together was really happening, right now.

They stood like that for awhile, admiring the modest farm beneath the archway, and all of their labors, before Ennis softly interjected, “ya better stop all that sobbin’, Jack – ‘nless ya wanna run the livestock off ag’in!”. Jack, red-eyed, laughed through his tears, and playfully nudged Ennis, before their mouths came together for a long, passionate kiss, the first of many at Brokeback Ranch, E Bar J. And, though his simple dream had taken years of perseverance, heartache, and sacrifice to achieve; standing beside his Ennis Del Mar, Jack now truly believed with all his heart that it had never been too much to ask for.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:17:39 pm by BBM-Cat »
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1603 on: August 19, 2007, 11:53:55 am »
They stood like that for awhile, admiring the modest farm beneath the archway, and all of their labors, before Ennis softly interjected, “ya better stop all that sobbin’, Jack – ‘nless ya wanna run the livestock off ag’in!”. Jack, red-eyed, laughed through his tears, and playfully nudged Ennis, before their mouths came together for a long, passionate kiss, the first of many at Brokeback Ranch, E Bar J. And, though his simple dream had taken years of perseverance, heartache, and sacrifice to achieve; standing beside his Ennis Del Mar, Jack now truly believed with all his heart that it had never been too much to ask for.

What a wonderfully, happy ending BBM-cat! It's kinda "Gone With the Wind"-like. You've captured the details of the fellas' personalities perfectly. Your story seems so real, you can feel it. You're gonna fit in real well around here, I can tell!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Tickling Daniel
« Reply #1604 on: August 19, 2007, 12:07:38 pm »
Cute and sweet, Garycottle. A terrific slice of Brokeback AU!

But Daniel, yeah that was his name, was small and thin, and his body was so smooth Ennis imagined that if he took down those sissy shorts he’d find that there wasn’t any hair on his balls.  This kid was like some fragile baby bird that had fallen out of its nest, and he instantly understood why Tyler was sweet on him.

Hmmmm... sounds like Tyler and you have the same taste in boys. Tastes like chicken.

"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1605 on: August 19, 2007, 01:17:04 pm »
Thank you ALL for your kind comments...unlike BBM, where we had no control in giving the boys a 'sweet life' together, we sure can do it here! I've enjoyed reading about the many, many intimacies shared by Jack and Ennis - you all are wonderfully creative, and these stories really do help to fill in the gaps.

And, Toycoon, 'I figured you'd be sore 'bout that happy endin;D  Just kidding. Thank you for allowing me to expand on your story, and certainly, should you feel so inspired (or anyone for that matter), I believe there is plenty of room for continuation....

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1606 on: August 19, 2007, 01:23:57 pm »
Tickling Daniel by garycottle
“That’s good enough for me,” he said.  And then he opened the door to let Tyler back inside.  “And you don’t have to call me sir, or mister.  I’m just a sixty-three-year-old ranch hand who never had nothin’ and never will.”

Beautiful, Garycottle - Ennis' self-awareness and acceptance has been building over the past 20 years when we last glimpsed him with Alma Jr. at his trailer.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1607 on: August 19, 2007, 01:28:05 pm »
What a wonderfully, happy ending BBM-cat! It's kinda "Gone With the Wind"-like. You've captured the details of the fellas' personalities perfectly. Your story seems so real, you can feel it. You're gonna fit in real well around here, I can tell!

OMgosh - you're right! It does have that flavor...you're clever! Thanks again for your welcome  ;)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1608 on: August 19, 2007, 01:57:04 pm »
Thank you so much, BBM-Cat.  You're so nice.  And it's interesting that you bring up Ennis's meeting with Alma Jr. at the end of the film because I was alluding to that in my story.  Ennis wanted to know if this guy Alma was marrying loved her.  He had finally come to realize that was important.  You need to be with the one you love.  So, twenty some years later, he wants to make sure that Daniel and Tyler love each other.  He doesn't want them to make the same mistakes he did.

Gary

You really conveyed that message so clearly and beautifully in your story! And, we also understand that Ennis has not changed his perception of himself - that he is still nothing and nowhere...sad, yet through your story, we also feel proud that he now realizes what is most important in life.

Something kind of funny, when I read this line in your story, "Daniel hurriedly sat up and made a move toward his clothes that were in a puddle there beside Ennis’s feet...", my eyes skipped the word 'clothes', ahead to 'puddle', and I thought, that tickling sure got out of hand!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 02:30:44 pm by BBM-Cat »

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1609 on: August 19, 2007, 02:00:14 pm »
Oh BBM Cat ... I don't know what to say! It's everything I crave for them and I truly wish this had happened.  Beautiful story honey ... just beautiful!
Susie 

Thanks Susie - you're a dear! Hope it brought a little happiness to everyone today.