Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170521 times)

Dagi

Re: The Black Truck
« Reply #1680 on: August 24, 2007, 04:00:00 pm »
The Black Truck by Toycoon

The black GMC pick up spun around the corner and slid to a stop inches away from the wall; two puffs of smoke escaped from either side of the truck's hood then disappeared.

"Hmmm, that must be this Aguirre guy," wondered Ennis pulling a half smoked cigarette from his coat pocket and searching for a matchstick in his pants' pocket; Ennis flicked the match on with one hand like his brother K.E. taught him and lit the cigarette.

"Sure is a good looking fella," he thought," ... Looks like a movie star or something. Like Rory Calhoun" (Ennis had seen Rory Calhoun's  picture on the cover of a comic book at the drug store); the man hopped out of the truck then started to walk towards Ennis who was embarrassed to be staring so he averted his glance and looked at the ground.

What a nice thing to post a story from the very beginning, Toycoon. Reading Spiceylife´s words I was thinking of how thankful I am that you started this thread and that I got "sucked in". I love all of you so much! Sorry for being here so little the last time, it doesn't mean at all that this thread has become less important to me.

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1681 on: August 24, 2007, 04:02:48 pm »
Please don't say that, Spicey!  The thread will pick up, if I have to carry it all  by myself.   :)  As far as I'm concerned, there ain't no reins on this one!

thank you so much, Littlewing. I can´t say it too often. Thank you for giving us such a good time!

Dagi

Dagi

Re: The Black Truck (Part 2)
« Reply #1682 on: August 24, 2007, 04:05:44 pm »

.........  Jack vowed right then and there, right at the very second he fell in love, that he would try to replace the sadness with joy.  He could only try…

Beautiful, Marie, just beautiful. Jack has a heart of gold, and I love him. Thank you!

Dagi

Dagi

Re: No Sale
« Reply #1683 on: August 24, 2007, 04:10:45 pm »
No Sale by Littlewing1957

Ennis stopped outside of the Riverton Coin Exchange and looked around.  It was Saturday morning, and the exchange, which was little more than a multi purpose pawn shop, was open for business.   The weather was bitter cold, but Ennis was sweating profusely.  He didn’t relish the task that lay before him, but in his mind, he had no other recourse.

Ennis didn’t quit his job at the ranch, but was laid off.  Steve promised him work in a few months, just as soon as business improved.  But Ennis couldn’t wait that long.  He had children to support, and he had to eat.  He stepped through the door of the Exchange and tripped a buzzer.  The clerk looked up at him and smiled.  “How are you today, sir?”  The young man asked.  “What can I do you fer?”  Ennis reached into his pocket and pulled out the gold and diamond bracelet Jack saved for a year to purchase, and handed it to the young man.  “I got this bracelet,”  Ennis began, “And it is all solid gold with real diamonds.  I..I..was thinking that I could pawn it.  How much can you give me for it?”  The clerk, whose name tag read “Theodore” held the bracelet up to the light.  He fetched a small magnifying glass and looked at the clasp for a hallmark.  “Yep, this is a beaut, alright!”  Theodore whistled.  “How much do you want for it?”  Ennis shuffled his feet nervously.  “Whatever you think is fair!”  He whispered.  Theodore placed the bracelet on a small scale and typed in a series of numbers.  “I can do anything up to $150.00.” 

Jack laid back contentedly on the bedroll, wearing nothing but a diamond and gold bracelet that spelled out the name Ennis in diamonds.  He traced a finger over the glistening stones that spelled out his lover’s name.  Ennis stood on the side of the roll, watching his husband, drinking it all in.  His own bracelet spelled Jack and rested against his wrist.  Jack reached up toward his man and touched his wrist.  “Now remember friend, if you ever need money..”

“Sir??”  It was Theodore.  Ennis looked at him with a start.  “Sir, would you like the $150?  I can go up to $175.00!”  Ennis tried to fight back his tears.  He snatched up the bracelet and shook his head.  He ran through the doors of the Riverton Coin Exchange to face the cold of the morning.

Marie, that breaks my heart. Ennis so broke that he thinks he has to sell the gift from his husband, that´s too sad.......but I couldn´t do it either!

Very touching. Your stories are truly amazing.

Dagi

Dagi

Re: The Trip to Signal
« Reply #1684 on: August 24, 2007, 04:14:08 pm »
The Trip to Signal by Toycoon

....... Jack chuckled because for a moment, the stranger resembled the toy cowboy his momma gave him on Jack's ninth birthday, so tall, lean and ... serious.

I can feel the affection Jack is looking at Ennis with from the very beginning...wonderful writing, dear!

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #1685 on: August 24, 2007, 04:17:18 pm »
To Ennis, Brokeback Mountain isn't all they have, it is everything he has to give.

Worth to be repeated, friend.

Dagi

Re: Lonnie: Summer of '62
« Reply #1686 on: August 24, 2007, 04:19:04 pm »
Thanks for the hospitality Toycoon.  I heard about this thread being the most popular so thought I have a look.  I'm impressed with your stories too.

Hi Almasenior, so good to see you here! So many new faces, it´s amazing........wonderful!

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #1687 on: August 24, 2007, 04:20:33 pm »
  Poor Ennis.  So much sentiment, so much love, but no outlet for it, no real way to express it.

Oh yes.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Dagi

« Reply #1688 on: August 24, 2007, 05:00:32 pm »
After a good, hot sauna I was just sitting on the lawn, looking at the stars above, sending up a prayer of thanks.........for having found you guys..... :D

and now I feel fit and ready for doing a little archiving work.

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #1689 on: August 24, 2007, 05:17:17 pm »
Spiceylife,
could you please repost Easy for me? And for all the others of course  ;D! It´s one of my all time favorites of your stories!

Dagi