Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170783 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Elk Jerky (Part 2)
« Reply #1840 on: September 06, 2007, 08:16:53 pm »
Yes, please!! How good that Darryl didn´t know that Jack was never that good with the rifle  ;).....

Dagi

:laugh:  Okay, I'll try to work on a part 3.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: September (con't, Part 3)
« Reply #1841 on: September 06, 2007, 08:19:08 pm »
September (con’t, part 3)

Doubt and anxiety permeated Ennis’ mind as the 24th of September approached. His nerves were workin’ overtime. He could hardly think. He was short with Alma and the girls. Just pins and needles. Distracted. Since mailing his reply to Jack, Ennis was plagued by a series of absent-minded mistakes. Chagrined, he thought of how he’d recently locked his keys in the truck, and another time, how he’d driven right past the familiar turn off to the farm. That Jack fuckin’ Twist sure had a powerful hold over him! Even still.

With all of his contained energy, Ennis willed his simple and spare postcard to reach its’ destination. Damn, if that postal slot had been big enough, Ennis woulda just mailed himself to Childress. He dared to imagine Jack receiving and reading his two-word reply; the force behind those words strong enough to blind its’ intended recipient.

Ennis felt like he was livin’ a double life. Alone and in secret he would allow the memories of Jack and their summer on Brokeback to readily slip into his consciousness. Daily life and survival reined those memories back in; though now, with much more difficulty. Hope and excitement reawakened the ache in his heart. The flush of desire made his hands sweat. The anticipation of Jack’s arrival was nearly unbearable…

Beautiful followup, BBM-Cat!  You are truly inspired, my Love.  I'll have to craft a Part 4, but if anyone wants to go for it before I have part 4 posted, feel free.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1842 on: September 06, 2007, 09:06:56 pm »
Woooo-Wheeee!!! I just got home from work and from taking a friend to the airport in Memphis, TN. and got the word from Dagi that Gary is back!! (Thanks, Dagi!) Great to hear!

We'll have a party when he gets back online!

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Apple Strudel
« Reply #1843 on: September 06, 2007, 10:10:58 pm »
Apple Strudel by Littlewing1957

A BBM Slice of Life

Jack Twist prepared a totally delectable supper for himself and Ennis Del Mar.  He managed to cook a 3 course meal using only a small cook stove powered by propane.  Jack tossed an endive and leek salad, and grilled thick and meaty pork shanks to perfection.  Rounding out the meal was asparagus, and baked potatoes dripping with butter, sour cream and chives. 

Ennis sat back against a log, rubbing his tummy, almost comatose with pleasure.   That Jack Twist and his luxury dinners!  While Ennis sat burping, Jack smiled at his lover.  He lived to see the look on Ennis’ face after he finished a tasty meal.  Jack wanted to go over and kiss Ennis’ half-closed eyelids, but he could wait.  He had to serve dessert.  “Got any room for something sweet?”  Jack smiled as Ennis sprawled against a tree.  Ennis blew out some air and spread his arms wide.  “Of course, Rodeo!"  Ennis wasn’t sure if he could tolerate anything else, he was so full.  But he couldn’t say no to Jack!  "Bring it on, Baby!”  Ennis beamed.

Jack turned to fetch something from his truck.  He brought back a package that held a very special pastry.  He found a bakery on his way to work one day and decided to stop and sample some of their wares.  Jack was quite taken with an apple strudel, and decided to treat his lover to a little bit of heaven.  Jack very carefully placed the pastry on the stove to warm it a bit.  After a few minutes he removed the strudel and cut Ennis a slice, right down the middle.  The first bite and Ennis knew he could gorge on the treat until he got sick.  It was sooo good!  Jack ate his piece with gusto!  When the strudel was devoured, Jack realized that he forgot the milk.  “Ah man, I forgot the milk!  This strudel would have been so good with a glass of milk, don’t you think, Cowboy?”  Ennis rubbed his temples and smiled at Jack.  “Rodeo, if you gave me a glass of milk, you would have had to carry me into the tent on a stretcher!  I wouldn’t be able to move, fer sure!”  Jack laughed uproariously and moved toward his friend.  He placed his arms under Ennis legs, in a gesture to lift him from the log.  “I guess I’ll have to be your stretcher, friend!”  Jack laughed as he hoisted Ennis up.  Ennis didn’t object.  He draped his arms around Jack’s neck and allowed himself to be carried into the tent.

moremojo

Re: Apple Strudel
« Reply #1844 on: September 06, 2007, 10:18:35 pm »
I liked this story, Marie! I confess I was particularly fond of the detail of Ennis's burping--it may sound strange and crude to some, but I love it when men let loose and let it all hang/flow out...just being the manly beasts that they are!  ;D And Jack obviously didn't mind, either (some cultures see belching as a sign of a well-enjoyed meal).

I also liked the detail of Jack carrying his cowboy into the tent, like a bride being brought over the threshold. It's striking to see the two men mingle both masculine and feminine traits in themselves at this stage of the relationship. It's a testament to how much trust and love Ennis bears for Jack by this point.

Dagi

« Reply #1845 on: September 07, 2007, 04:37:20 am »

A BBM Slice of Life

.........Jack laughed as he hoisted Ennis up.  Ennis didn’t object.  He draped his arms around Jack’s neck and allowed himself to be carried into the tent.

Mmmmm, delicious!! I love Apfelstrudel, with milk or without....and the ending was so sweet! Beautiful story, Marie!

Dagi

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: September (con't, Part 3)
« Reply #1846 on: September 07, 2007, 08:51:36 am »
Beautiful followup, BBM-Cat!  You are truly inspired, my Love.  I'll have to craft a Part 4, but if anyone wants to go for it before I have part 4 posted, feel free.

Thanks Littlewing! I sure felt inspired by Toycoons', and your 'September' pieces. And, please do! I like the collaborative effort :D We could all probably keep this series going throughout the month of September in commemoration of the upcoming anniversary of the Reunion

And, I'm loving the Elk Jerky series from you as well! Your poem was AMAZING! I hope you got to taste that elk jerky after all from all that 'hard' work!
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Elk Jerky (Part 2)
« Reply #1847 on: September 07, 2007, 08:53:47 am »
Yes, please!! How good that Darryl didn´t know that Jack was never that good with the rifle  ;).....

Dagi

LOL! Good one Dagi!  :laugh:  :laugh:
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1848 on: September 08, 2007, 12:16:19 am »
I liked this story, Marie! I confess I was particularly fond of the detail of Ennis's burping--it may sound strange and crude to some, but I love it when men let loose and let it all hang/flow out...just being the manly beasts that they are!  ;D And Jack obviously didn't mind, either (some cultures see belching as a sign of a well-enjoyed meal).

I also liked the detail of Jack carrying his cowboy into the tent, like a bride being brought over the threshold. It's striking to see the two men mingle both masculine and feminine traits in themselves at this stage of the relationship. It's a testament to how much trust and love Ennis bears for Jack by this point.

Thanks so much moremojo!  I really enjoy reading your comments, and your kind words mean so much to me.  The part about Ennis belching just seemed so appropriate.  I've always imagined E&J being so comfortable with each other that they were not ashamed to let it all hang out.  Why, I'm sure they even farted freely, probably made a game of it.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe someone wrote a fic about Ennis and Jack farting  :laugh:

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1849 on: September 08, 2007, 12:18:51 am »

Mmmmm, delicious!! I love Apfelstrudel, with milk or without....and the ending was so sweet! Beautiful story, Marie!

Dagi

Thanks, sweetheart!