Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170763 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2000 on: September 19, 2007, 12:19:49 am »
September 23rd 1:30 a.m.

Jack couldn’t stop shaking.  It was not the sadness of his life, but the thought of meeting Ennis Del Mar that made him tremble.  Jack was a mess!  He found himself out on his back porch, but didn’t know how he got there!  He looked at the window of his bedroom and wondered how he got up without waking Lureen and the baby.  The cool of the evening reminded him of the calm before dawn up on brokeback.  The thought of his favorite place on earth steeled him.  He found his courage once more and entered his home.  Almost time to go!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
September 23rd (9:00 a.m.) by Toycoon
« Reply #2001 on: September 19, 2007, 12:49:59 am »

Attempts at marital bliss only made Ennis more withdrawn and nervous: he thought about having a beer but it seemed too early in the day to have a drink.

Ennis decided instead to have a cigarette and that helped to calm his nerves somewhat. Alma asked Ennis to smoke outside while she nursed little Jenny and he obliged willingly.

The Delmar's tiny apartment seemed especially confining the more Ennis thought about the liberty of Brokeback Mountain; Ennis shuddered and flicking his cigarette across the parking lot, he worried that the secrets he and his first lover, Jack,  shared long ago could possibly show on his face.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: September 23rd 11.31pm
« Reply #2002 on: September 19, 2007, 01:21:24 am »
Perfect, BBM-Cat!  Exceptional addition to our saga!  This is exactly how I imagine things were between Jack and Lureen:  Jack faking it, but Lureen sincere!  I love it, BBM-Cat!

Thank you Littlewing, I'm quite honored!
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: September 23rd 6:00 a.m.
« Reply #2003 on: September 19, 2007, 01:48:20 am »
September 23rd 6:00a.m. by Littlewing1957

Ennis sat at his small kitchen table and watched Alma as she prepared breakfast for the family.  He refused the sausage and eggs that his wife offered, couldn't touch a bite, but liked to watch his girls eat.  Ennis reached over and pulled Alma Jr. from her chair and sat her upon his lap.  He rubbed her rosy cheek, placed the small of his thumb into her tiny mouth.  Alma Jr. giggled and spat Ennis’ thumb out.  Alma watched this exchange between father and daughter with a sort of detachment.  Something was terribly wrong, she just knew it!

Alma placed a small saucer of scrambled eggs and sausage in front of Ennis.  He looked up at his wife, smiled, and raised a fork to feed his daughter her breakfast.  It was a fine feeling: feeding his child like a good daddy, but Ennis’ thoughts were elsewhere!  He allowed his mind to drift to nights up on Brokeback when he fed Jack Twist beans with a spoon.  Jack was a sight as he opened his bow mouth, accepted a spoonful of beans!  Ennis smiled as he remembered Jack’s eyes rolling, becoming wide and deep blue as he "savored" the beans.  Jack Fuckin’ Twist was just playing with him.  Jack didn’t even like beans!

Ennis wondered if Jack still disliked beans.  When Alma Jr. was finished with her eggs and sausage, Ennis picked her up and carried her into the living room where Alma was nursing Francine.  He watched his wife caring for his second born and tried to enjoy it – willed himself to be happy.  But Jack Twist was coming to town.  Ennis tried to convince himself that Jack’s visit was just a friendly call, that it didn’t mean anything.  But somewhere in his psyche, Ennis knew that Jack’s visit would change everything…

I love this - your writing is so exquisite and emotional. Feeding is such a nurturing theme. This shows that Ennis does indeed have that need (and that he himself needs nurturing more than he cares to admit). Interesting, one possible interpretation of your story is that Ennis will not accept 'food' or nurturing from Alma...though Ennis can 'feed', nurture, or take care of whom he chooses; in this instance he 'feeds' or nurtures Alma Jr., all the while thinking of Jack. Jack in Ennis' flashback is also quite accepting of whatever Ennis gives/feeds him, just like in the story - even though Jack says he won't 'settle for 'beans', he does indeed settle for things on Ennis' terms right up to the final lake scene.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: September 23rd (9:00 a.m.) by Toycoon
« Reply #2004 on: September 19, 2007, 01:57:29 am »

Attempts at marital bliss only made Ennis more withdrawn and nervous: he thought about having a beer but it seemed too early in the day to have a drink.

Ennis decided instead to have a cigarette and that helped to calm his nerves somewhat. Alma asked Ennis to smoke outside while she nursed little Jenny and he obliged willingly.

The Delmar's tiny apartment seemed especially confining the more Ennis thought about the liberty of Brokeback Mountain; Ennis shuddered and flicking his cigarette across the parking lot, he worried that the secrets he and his first lover, Jack,  shared long ago could possibly show on his face.

Wonderful contrast Toycoon, as Gary alludes to as well - so many contrasting themes - much more is going on than just suppressed passion! You helped us to refocus on the natural elements that are often overlooked, but so very important, i.e., Brokeback=expansive, freedom, expression of true self; Riverton=small town; "tiny apartment"; living a false life.

Interesting as you posted once before that Ennis' anxiety about Jack creates so many false beliefs, such as others being able to see into his mind and know what he is thinking about! LOL I sure wish we could've "seen" into his mind just prior to the reunion! 
;)

Dagi

« Reply #2005 on: September 19, 2007, 06:40:15 am »
September 23rd 11.31pm by BBM-Cat

Once Bobby was contently asleep and placed back in his crib, Lureen tried to resume where she and Jack had left off. “Now”, smiled Lureen seductively, alone with her man again, “you were ‘bout to show me how sorry you really are….remember?”

“Oooh yeahhh”, Jack feigning amnesia, reached over and tenderly started kissing Lureen all over, starting with her neck, making a litany of mock transgressions.  “Let’s see now, I’m sorry for not helpin’ you make the bed this mornin’”, his lips finding a tender spot on her neck, “uh, for leavin’ my boots out in the middle of the floor”, his lips making their way over to her throat. Lureen giggled with delight. She knew she couldn’t stay mad at Jack for long.

“Yeah, well how ‘bout bein’ sorry for eatin’ the rest of the cereal this mornin’?”, Lureen added playfully. “Oh yeah, I’m real, real darn sorry for that”, Jack tried to sound regretful, taking his hands to open the lacy night gown, revealing the beautiful, womanly curves beneath. “And, I’m espec’lly...”, Jack kissed one breast, “sorry for…..”, then kissed the other, “uh, for, uh,…….uh, gee, I forget…”   “Why, Jack Twist, you cheater!” Lureen uttered teasingly, enjoying his attentions immensely. That word 'cheater' resonated in the back of Jack's mind.

Jack stood up from their playful foray, to face Lureen, all serious now. Tenderly cupping her cheek with his left hand, he looked directly into her eyes, “One thing in all this world that I’m not sorry for is marryin’ you”. Jack almost nearly convinced himself of that. Lureen’s heart leapt as it had done when she first laid eyes on Jack Twist. A passionate sigh escaped her lips and her eyes misted from his sincerity. “And, I know, that you’re the best thing that ever happen’d ta me”. Jack held Lureen close, the twinge of guilt strong in his heart for what he was about to go do.

You are a great writer, BBM-Cat, I´ve missed you! This story is heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time....

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #2006 on: September 19, 2007, 06:45:19 am »
Gosh 5 1/2 days more of straight sex before we get to the good stuff!!  I think we should get really explicit girls ... completely freak out the guys .... it'll be fun!!

Susie  :-*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don´t have the vocabulary to do that, I´m afraid.....you could teach me some words, though, or we could do it together, Susie!

Dagi

Re: September 23rd 6:00 a.m.
« Reply #2007 on: September 19, 2007, 07:04:44 am »
September 23rd 6:00a.m. by Littlewing1957

Ennis sat at his small kitchen table and watched Alma as she prepared breakfast for the family.  He refused the sausage and eggs that his wife offered, couldn't touch a bite, but liked to watch his girls eat.  Ennis reached over and pulled Alma Jr. from her chair and sat her upon his lap.  He rubbed her rosy cheek, placed the small of his thumb into her tiny mouth.  Alma Jr. giggled and spat Ennis’ thumb out.  Alma watched this exchange between father and daughter with a sort of detachment.  Something was terribly wrong, she just knew it!

Alma placed a small saucer of scrambled eggs and sausage in front of Ennis.  He looked up at his wife, smiled, and raised a fork to feed his daughter her breakfast.  It was a fine feeling: feeding his child like a good daddy, but Ennis’ thoughts were elsewhere!  He allowed his mind to drift to nights up on Brokeback when he fed Jack Twist beans with a spoon.  Jack was a sight as he opened his bow mouth, accepted a spoonful of beans!  Ennis smiled as he remembered Jack’s eyes rolling, becoming wide and deep blue as he "savored" the beans.  Jack Fuckin’ Twist was just playing with him.  Jack didn’t even like beans!

Ennis wondered if Jack still disliked beans.  When Alma Jr. was finished with her eggs and sausage, Ennis picked her up and carried her into the living room where Alma was nursing Francine.  He watched his wife caring for his second born and tried to enjoy it – willed himself to be happy.  But Jack Twist was coming to town.  Ennis tried to convince himself that Jack’s visit was just a friendly call, that it didn’t mean anything.  But somewhere in his psyche, Ennis knew that Jack’s visit would change everything…

Why is it always about food in your stories, Marie?  ;D  Once I come to California I'll beg you to cook one of your delicious BBM-fanfic-recipes for me!

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2008 on: September 19, 2007, 07:08:40 am »
September 23rd 1:30 a.m.

Jack couldn’t stop shaking.  It was not the sadness of his life, but the thought of meeting Ennis Del Mar that made him tremble.  Jack was a mess!  He found himself out on his back porch, but didn’t know how he got there!  He looked at the window of his bedroom and wondered how he got up without waking Lureen and the baby.  The cool of the evening reminded him of the calm before dawn up on brokeback.  The thought of his favorite place on earth steeled him.  He found his courage once more and entered his home.  Almost time to go!

I´m trembling, too  ;D. Thank God I got my DVD back in time to watch the reunion on 9/24!

Dagi

Dagi

Re: September 23rd (9:00 a.m.) by Toycoon
« Reply #2009 on: September 19, 2007, 07:11:45 am »

Ennis always seemed like a tiger in a cage to me in that apartment. I´m almost getting nervous picturing him there, with his cigarette to calm his nerves....

Dagi