Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170651 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: September 23rd 6:00 a.m.
« Reply #2020 on: September 19, 2007, 10:29:31 pm »
I love this - your writing is so exquisite and emotional. Feeding is such a nurturing theme. This shows that Ennis does indeed have that need (and that he himself needs nurturing more than he cares to admit). Interesting, one possible interpretation of your story is that Ennis will not accept 'food' or nurturing from Alma...though Ennis can 'feed', nurture, or take care of whom he chooses; in this instance he 'feeds' or nurtures Alma Jr., all the while thinking of Jack. Jack in Ennis' flashback is also quite accepting of whatever Ennis gives/feeds him, just like in the story - even though Jack says he won't 'settle for 'beans', he does indeed settle for things on Ennis' terms right up to the final lake scene.

Wow, thanks so much, Sweets!  You know, I don't know why I write this way, and after I've posted something, I often go back and read what I've written only to find all kinds of hidden meanings, slips, buried thoughts!  BBM-Cat, your kind comments have made my day!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 11:34:49 pm by littlewing1957 »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: September 23rd 6:00 a.m.
« Reply #2021 on: September 19, 2007, 10:30:55 pm »
Why is it always about food in your stories, Marie?  ;D  Once I come to California I'll beg you to cook one of your delicious BBM-fanfic-recipes for me!

Dagi

I don't know Dagi.  Somehow, I think food and BBM just fit together!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: September 24rd, 8:13 am
« Reply #2022 on: September 19, 2007, 10:44:18 pm »
September 24rd, 8:13 am by Dagi

Ennis knew he had been in the shower too long, his skin wrinkly, the room filled with hot steam, the water about to get lukewarm, but he didn't want to get out into the cold reality of the apartment.

The memory of Jack's hands, lathering him after a long day with the sheep, until he came all over Jack's lap, this memory had been enough to bring him over the edge, tilting his head back and moaning out loud – he was sure Alma had heard it, and the thought of what she might think of him jerking off in the shower made his cheeks get even redder.

He still tried to calm his breath and  rubbed his right eye with the ball of his hand. “Jack.” he whispered, savoring the name like a ripe, sweet fruit, running his tongue over his wet lips. “Jack..........Jack...........Jack."

Beautiful, Dagi! The tension is mounting all the time.  Keep it up, Babe!  We have awhile before the 24th comes!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

September 24th 11:30 a.m.
« Reply #2023 on: September 19, 2007, 11:16:11 pm »
September 24th 11:30 a.m. by Littlewing1957

Alma sat by herself at the kitchen table, nursing a lukewarm mug of coffee.  She just a moment ago cleared the breakfast dishes, washed them, put them back in the cupboard.  The girls were down for a nap, but where was Ennis?  Alma didn’t have the energy to go look for him.  He was probably downstairs, sitting on a wobbly chair in the Laundromat.  Alma noticed her husband sitting downstairs in the Laundromat on several occasions, staring at the dryer and it's revolving motion, watching as it tousled clothes round and round.  Alma’s heart sank when she saw her husband sitting there, all alone, invariably holding a cold bottle of beer.  If only he could talk to her, tell her all about it. 

Ennis sat and watched a dryer turn.  He was not alone, but was in the company of a stout, older woman sporting a burgundy beehive, and wearing a green shirtwaist dress.  Ennis noticed earlier the woman reduced to washing clothes with face soap.  "That poor lady," Ennis thought as he watched the woman break off pieces of Ivory soap and throw them in the washer.  “Someone poorer than me!"

Jack should be along at any time!  The very thought of seeing Jack again both excited and terrified Ennis.  He would go back up to the apartment in a bit, but for the time being, he was content to sit on the white plastic chair in the Laundromat, savor the peace of noisy machinery.  When he was ready for another beer, he would return home.  He would go home and wait.  Wait for Jack Twist.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 11:37:41 pm by littlewing1957 »

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2024 on: September 19, 2007, 11:23:24 pm »
“Jack.” he whispered, savoring the name like a ripe, sweet fruit, running his tongue over his wet lips. “Jack..........Jack...........Jack."

I love it, Dagi dearest! Just reading that one felt good in my mouth. Delicious!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: September 24th 11:30 a.m.
« Reply #2025 on: September 19, 2007, 11:41:39 pm »
Jack should be along at any time!  The very thought of seeing Jack again both excited and terrified Ennis.  He would go back up to the apartment in a bit, but for the time being, he was content to sit on the white plastic chair in the Laundromat, savor the peace of noisy machinery.  When he was ready for another beer, he would return home.  He would go home and wait.  Wait for Jack Twist.

Poor Ennis. The wait must be excruciating for the man. It's gonna be a loooong five days until the twenty-fourth!
Make it worth our while, Miss Littlewing. You know we love it!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2026 on: September 20, 2007, 12:07:35 am »
Poor Ennis. The wait must be excruciating for the man. It's gonna be a loooong five days until the twenty-fourth!
Make it worth our while, Miss Littlewing. You know we love it!

I'll try, Baby!  I have a few tales in the works that I'll post starting tomorrow.  I hope you like them.  :)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2027 on: September 20, 2007, 12:15:50 am »
September 24th 11:30 a.m. by Littlewing1957

Alma sat by herself at the kitchen table, nursing a lukewarm mug of coffee.  She just a moment ago cleared the breakfast dishes, washed them, put them back in the cupboard.  The girls were down for a nap, but where was Ennis?  Alma didn’t have the energy to go look for him.  He was probably downstairs, sitting on a wobbly chair in the Laundromat.  Alma noticed her husband sitting downstairs in the Laundromat on several occasions, staring at the dryer and it's revolving motion, watching as it tousled clothes round and round.  Alma’s heart sank when she saw her husband sitting there, all alone, invariably holding a cold bottle of beer.  If only he could talk to her, tell her all about it. 

Ennis sat and watched a dryer turn.  He was not alone, but was in the company of a stout, older woman sporting a burgundy beehive, and wearing a green shirtwaist dress.  Ennis noticed earlier the woman reduced to washing clothes with face soap.  "That poor lady," Ennis thought as he watched the woman break off pieces of Ivory soap and throw them in the washer.  “Someone poorer than me!"

How Ennis' waiting for Jack is so beautifully portrayed - what could be more boring than watching a dryer dry clothes? Interesting he prefers this activity to being around Alma. Maybe Ennis felt just like those clothes all jumbled up in the dryer, and going nowhere but in circles...
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Dagi

« Reply #2028 on: September 20, 2007, 12:40:37 am »
Beautiful, Dagi! The tension is mounting all the time.  Keep it up, Babe!  We have awhile before the 24th comes!

Thanks, babe!  :-*

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #2029 on: September 20, 2007, 12:42:16 am »
I love it, Dagi dearest! Just reading that one felt good in my mouth. Delicious!

Thank you, my dear! It was my favorite line, too!

Dagi