Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170439 times)

Dagi

Re: September 24th 11:30 a.m.
« Reply #2030 on: September 20, 2007, 12:47:02 am »
September 24th 11:30 a.m. by Littlewing1957

Alma sat by herself at the kitchen table, nursing a lukewarm mug of coffee.  She just a moment ago cleared the breakfast dishes, washed them, put them back in the cupboard.  The girls were down for a nap, but where was Ennis?  Alma didn’t have the energy to go look for him.  He was probably downstairs, sitting on a wobbly chair in the Laundromat.  Alma noticed her husband sitting downstairs in the Laundromat on several occasions, staring at the dryer and it's revolving motion, watching as it tousled clothes round and round.  Alma’s heart sank when she saw her husband sitting there, all alone, invariably holding a cold bottle of beer.  If only he could talk to her, tell her all about it. 

Ennis sat and watched a dryer turn.  He was not alone, but was in the company of a stout, older woman sporting a burgundy beehive, and wearing a green shirtwaist dress.  Ennis noticed earlier the woman reduced to washing clothes with face soap.  "That poor lady," Ennis thought as he watched the woman break off pieces of Ivory soap and throw them in the washer.  “Someone poorer than me!"

Jack should be along at any time!  The very thought of seeing Jack again both excited and terrified Ennis.  He would go back up to the apartment in a bit, but for the time being, he was content to sit on the white plastic chair in the Laundromat, savor the peace of noisy machinery.  When he was ready for another beer, he would return home.  He would go home and wait.  Wait for Jack Twist.

I can hear the boring, calming sounds of washing machines......why was this scene not in the movie?

The tension is mounting - keep them coming, babe  ;) !

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2031 on: September 20, 2007, 12:49:10 am »
Good evening and good night to my Cali boys, Toycoon and Gary!

Dagi

« Reply #2032 on: September 20, 2007, 04:22:25 am »
I just made one big September-post in the archive, with all the stories about Sept 23rd and 24th. It's fun reading them there, that creates a movie on it's own.....enjoy it!

Dagi
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:46:22 am by Dagi »

Dagi

« Reply #2033 on: September 20, 2007, 06:56:50 am »
September 23rd, 11:55 pm  by Dagi

Alma was sound asleep, so were the kids, although little Jenny had been coughing heavily until an hour prior.

Ennis sighed, sat down on the sofa with his fourth bottle of beer, and put his feet up onto the old, worn armchair; the relaxed image though was deceiving, he knew he would not be able to fall asleep, so why even try.

The TV provided stunning pictures of a waterfall in Brazil, but they could not compete with the pictures of this beautiful, sexy man that had been haunting him every wake second for weeks now, getting more vivid and seductive by the hour....

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2034 on: September 20, 2007, 11:46:34 am »
You're right, BBM-Cat, watching clothes dry is boring.  But watching clothes dry in one of those commercial dryers with the window in the door can be oddly hypnotizing.

Gary 

Good point Gary, maybe it had a calming effect...he could really be alone with his thoughts (of Jack).
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Dagi

« Reply #2035 on: September 20, 2007, 01:07:56 pm »
Such sad longing, Dagi.  But I agree with Ennis.  Waterfalls, no matter how grand, can't compete with Jack.  But does it have to be an either/or type situation?  How about we put a naked Jack in the spray of said waterfall?  His smooth, youthful skin glistening with water pellets.  MMM  And the flowing stream washing over him, and some of it being funnled outward by his member so that it looks like he's pissing like a race horse.   :P

Gary

:laugh: seems you had sweet dreams, Gary dearest. That´s quite a beautiful picture you are creating in my mind, especially the last part  ;D. Oh, and the youthful skin glistening with water pellets, aaahh, I want to stand there with him. Would be kind of interesting how much of his 7.5 inches is left when he´s been in the ice cold water for a while  ;).

Dagi

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:22:49 pm by Dagi »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2036 on: September 20, 2007, 09:06:29 pm »
September 23rd, 11:55 pm  by Dagi

Alma was sound asleep, so were the kids, although little Jenny had been coughing heavily until an hour prior.

Ennis sighed, sat down on the sofa with his fourth bottle of beer, and put his feet up onto the old, worn armchair; the relaxed image though was deceiving, he knew he would not be able to fall asleep, so why even try.

The TV provided stunning pictures of a waterfall in Brazil, but they could not compete with the pictures of this beautiful, sexy man that had been haunting him every wake second for weeks now, getting more vivid and seductive by the hour....

Perfect, Dagi.  I am so glad to see your story here.  I must add something of my own in a little bit!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2037 on: September 20, 2007, 09:08:22 pm »

What's this about breaking off bits from a bar of Ivory soap?  Will that work?  Will the soap actually liquefy?

Gary

I don't remember, Gay.  I just know my mom used to tell me stories of really poor people in Oklahoma using soap to clean clothes because they couldn't afford laundry detergent.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

September 1st, 9:00 a.m.
« Reply #2038 on: September 20, 2007, 09:40:44 pm »
September 1st, 9:01a.m. by Littlewing1957

I’m going a bit back in time with this one.  You guys don’t mind, do you?

Mr. Newsome usually left the running of the business to his staff, but this morning he wanted to attend to a very special customer: a wealthy rancher and merchant who used Newsome’s exclusively for his tractor and combine needs.  Mr. Newsome walked through the door of his business and noticed Jack Twist, his only combine salesman, alone at his desk.  Jack looked up from a few papers he was sorting to offer his father-in-law a half smile.

“Morning, Pops Newsome!  Didn’t expect you to be in today.” Jack remarked absently.

Jack became accustomed to Old Man Newsome’s tendency to show up at any time, and was always on his toes in case he needed to “pass inspection.”  Mr. Newsome threw a glance at his son-in-law, but didn’t return the greeting.

“Is Mr. Blair here yet?”  Mr. Newsome blurted out as he moved past Jack and swaggered down the hallway.  Jack didn’t even have a chance to answer, as his father-in-law was already inside his office, the door closed behind him. 

“I’m really sick of that old blowhard!”  Jack thought bitterly as he took a seat behind his desk.  And just as he was about to file away a few invoices, Mr. Blair walked into Newsome’s and offered Jack a warm smile. 

“He in?”  Mr. Blair asked Jack, pointing his finger down the hall toward Mr. Newsome’s office.

“Sure is!”  Jack answered.  “Go right on down.  He’s expecting you.” 

Jack watched as Mr. Blair walked down the hall to meet with Old Man Newsome.  He observed Mr. Blair walking with a slight limp.  Jack remembered that Old Man Blair used to ride the bulls in his younger days.  Jack liked Mr. Blair, and often traded rodeo riding lies with him. 

“Jack, bring me a bill of sale, pronto!”  It was Mr. Newsome, as abrasive and condescending as ever.   “I’ve run out.  And Jack, get a move on.  Mr. Blair ain’t got all day.”

Jack snatched up a stack of papers and moved toward his father-in-law’s office.  He could hear the 2 men laughing and when he heard his name mentioned, he stopped.  Jack tiptoed to Mr. Newsome’s office and put an ear to the door.

“That son-in-law of yours seems like a good old boy,” Mr. Blair remarked.  Jack smiled and continued listening.

“Naw, he’s a bit of a pansy and I think he’s ruining my little girl’s life.  You know Paul, just between the 2 of us, I would give that man a sizeable sum just to go somewhere, anywhere!”

Jack almost dropped the papers he was holding.  He was not hurt, as he knew his father-in-law loathed him.  Jack knocked on the door and entered.  Mr. Blair averted his eyes, while Mr. Newsome held out a hand to accept the bills of sale that Jack handed him.  No, Jack wasn’t hurt, but felt hopeful.  He walked to his desk and looked for a postcard…

Dagi

« Reply #2039 on: September 21, 2007, 12:35:46 am »
I'll enjoy reading them all once they're all pieced together ... thanks for doing this for us Dagi ... you're a treasure!  :-*

Susie  :) 

You are very welcome, Susie  :-*. As I told you, I do it for my own benefit :D.

Dagi