Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170177 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Proof
« Reply #2160 on: September 30, 2007, 01:56:52 am »
Proof by Toycoon

Old Rose Whiskey 40% Proof Jack was pretty sure of that; he'd drank half of the bottle on the night stand.

This was like so many daydreams he'd had since that summer on Brokeback Mountain; he was drunk, excited and searching for release from the spell he was under.

Jack propped himself on one elbow and examined the sleeping man lying next to him; he slowly peeled back the dingy bed sheet past the man's heaving chest, his belly, then his groin. Ennis, beautiful Ennis!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Daddy
« Reply #2161 on: September 30, 2007, 11:42:51 am »
"What's a 'Hummersexyal' Daddy?"  She noticed his fists clenching slightly, the dreamy smile suddenly leaving his face.

'Hummersexyal' Daddy ? Susiebell, you are just wacky! Ya know, even as a kid, I always thought there was something strange about the the father on The Brady Bunch. I didn't know what it was but he never seemed to be all there, connecting with the kids and rest of the family. Head off in the clouds, I guess....
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Proof
« Reply #2162 on: September 30, 2007, 01:15:24 pm »
Proof by Toycoon

Old Rose Whiskey 40% Proof Jack was pretty sure of that; he'd drank half of the bottle on the night stand.

This was like so many daydreams he'd had since that summer on Brokeback Mountain; he was drunk, excited and searching for release from the spell he was under.

Jack propped himself on one elbow and examined the sleeping man lying next to him; he slowly peeled back the dingy bed sheet past the man's heaving chest, his belly, then his groin. Ennis, beautiful Ennis!

Love the double entendre of the title Toycoon! Sorrowful and poignant all at the same time.  And, only 3 sentences! OMgosh, it CAN be done!  ;D  Well-done.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Daddy
« Reply #2163 on: September 30, 2007, 01:18:06 pm »
'Hummersexyal' Daddy ? Susiebell, you are just wacky! Ya know, even as a kid, I always thought there was something strange about the the father on The Brady Bunch. I didn't know what it was but he never seemed to be all there, connecting with the kids and rest of the family. Head off in the clouds, I guess....

Susiebell that was great - such tension! I didn't know what Ennis was going to say or do. It made me wonder if the comment Alma Jr heard was indeed directed at Ennis as the men walked by. You're right Tycoon about Robert Reed's character - also notice they had no further children together after marrying!
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Dagi

Re: September 24th Later Still
« Reply #2164 on: September 30, 2007, 01:40:07 pm »
September 24th Later Still by Littlewing1957

Jack led Ennis to a site that was not only secluded, but so beautiful as to stop the heart.  He placed his brand new tent down on the ground to be assembled later.  Ennis found a place to sit on a fallen branch right at the bank of a raging stream.  Looking straight up into the heavens, with his hat on the ground by his side, Ennis felt strangely at peace.  Jack preferred to look at Ennis. 

Jack took Ennis’ hand in his and squeezed tightly.  He needed something strong to anchor himself as he asked the million dollar question.

“We can make the cow and calf operation work, Friend,” Jack began.  “Look, I’ve worked at my father-in-law's dealership for years, learned a little bit about how to run a business.  I can take classes at night at the community college to learn what I don’t know.”  Jack squeezed Ennis’ hand tighter when he noticed a slight tremble. 

“What do you say, Cowboy?  Come away with me.  I’ll leave them, Friend.  I’ll leave everything for you.”  Jack’s eyes were downcast and watery.  He was not used to baring his soul in this way, and terrified at being rejected again.  But he had to try.  The sweet life was worth fighting for.

“And what will we do for money?”  It was Ennis, fully concentrating now. 

“My father-in-law will give me a good amount of money to leave town - he as much as said it.  Friend, we can use that money as a down payment on a ranch.  With the cattle we can buy, we can build up a pretty nice business.”  Jack was excited now.

“And the best part is, we can be comfortable.  Being our own boss means we’ll have time to go camping, fishing, practically whenever we want.  It can be just like this!”  Jack pointed to the unspoiled surroundings. 

“We can build a cabin, right here,”  Jack blurted.  Ennis smiled at his lover and placed his hat on his head. 

“Well, I see you have a plan, Rodeo,” Ennis teased.

He had no real intention of going along with Jack’s scheme, but he was not ready to hurt him, either.  Ennis hated himself for allowing Jack to continue, felt it might be cruel to lead him on, but Ennis was curious to see how far Jack would go.  He would end the foolishness in due time – the right time.

“Let me think on it, Jack.”  Ennis whispered.

" Now, before we put up that tent, show me again how you were eating those ribs."  Jack laughed and rose to fetch the food from Black Angus, but Ennis stopped him.

“No, I mean, show me down here.”  Ennis pointed to his crotch, and winked at his lover.  Jack smiled knowingly and shook his head.  He lowered himself between Ennis’ legs and reached for his zipper…

To be continued… 

I so hope that the conituation is going to be a AU story...because if not... :'(

You write beautifully, even the sad scenes are still full of beauty when you write them. I loved Jack baring his sould, saying he´d leave everything for

Ennis...God, how you turture us, Marie!

Dagi

Dagi

Re: September 24th, Later that Night
« Reply #2165 on: September 30, 2007, 01:43:19 pm »
Hot and savory, Littlewing! Makes us all wish we coulda been either Ennis' prime rib or one a Jack's baby back ribs. I like how you remind us of the difference in Jack & Ennis' economic status. That was never an issue or deterrant for our generous Jack. I was glad to see Ennis treated to a rare and nice meal. And of course, to dessert aka, the 'to be continued' festivities...

Difficult choice....but I think I´d prefer to be a baby back rib.  ;D

Dagi

Re: Proof
« Reply #2166 on: September 30, 2007, 01:46:26 pm »

Ennis, beautiful Ennis!

Beautiful, Toycoon, beautiful!

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2167 on: September 30, 2007, 06:47:24 pm »
LITTLEWING!!.....  I'M SHOCKED .... SHOCKED!!  I NEVER thought I'd hear you using such bad language!!  Can't say as I blame you though, he is fucking gorgeous!!!  ;D

Susie 

ps.  Please don't tell my mum I just used the "F" word!!  :-X

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: He is indeed gorgeous!  We all have to use the "F" word from time to time!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2168 on: September 30, 2007, 06:47:57 pm »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: September 24th Later Still
« Reply #2169 on: September 30, 2007, 06:49:29 pm »

Oh Littlewing, after all that silliness, you've gone and made me cry again!  Why couldn't Ennis just throw caution to the wind and go for it! ... it breaks my heart!  Beautiful story honey  :'(

Susie   

I know what you mean, SusieBaby!  If only Ennis realized what a truly rare gift that Jack offered.  I could only be so lucky!