Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170355 times)

Dagi

Re: One Hand In
« Reply #2270 on: October 04, 2007, 01:26:31 pm »
I think I might be able to oblige here, Gary! Give me a little time to work on that. Part of my problem with employing some of these scenarios is that Ennis is so damn repressed--Jack would have been game for all sorts of things, but Ennis couldn't even admit it was a man that he loved, much less what all he could do with that man.

But I have my ways...let me see if I can get Ennis to open up and unburden himself ( ;)) a bit!

Coming from you, it can only be good.

Dagi  8)

moremojo

Re: One Hand In
« Reply #2271 on: October 04, 2007, 03:30:22 pm »
I'm almost dreading asking, but Hunh??  Having a nice bubble bath together would be lovely, but if you're talking about what I think you're talking about then .... eeeeeeuw!

Susie 

Yes, Susie, that's exactly what Gary and I are talking about! Not for all tastes, to be sure (and almost certainly not to Ennis's!), but I could imagine Jack experimenting along these lines. And remember Annie's lines about the boys letting loose in the night fire's glow....just takes a little leap of imagination to steer that arc into warmer (if possibly darker) waters!  ;D

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2272 on: October 04, 2007, 05:18:03 pm »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: September 27th Morning
« Reply #2273 on: October 04, 2007, 05:19:15 pm »
Well done, Littlewing.  I was right there with you the whole way through.  You really brought this scene to life.  I especially liked Mrs. Newsome in your story.  No one has written much about her, and she is an interesting woman.  She's got that Texas hair, as you pointed out, and she's married to a blow hard.  And now she's finding out that her daughter is married to a man that doesn't love her.

Gary 

Thanks, Gary!  I may have to write more about Mrs. Newsome!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: September 27th Later that Morning
« Reply #2274 on: October 04, 2007, 05:20:02 pm »
SusieDear, SusieBaby .. they're all lovely ...as are you LittlewingDear   :-* :-* :-*

Thanks, Babe!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2275 on: October 04, 2007, 05:20:51 pm »
So beautiful littlewing .... and we've never mentioned Mrs Newsome before ....  brilliantly done sweetie!!

Susie 

Why thanks, SusieBaby!  We need to hear more from Lureen's mom!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2276 on: October 04, 2007, 05:21:54 pm »
Another beautifully written scene, like pearls of a precious necklace... what a touching moment. Lovely work, Marie, thank you for this image.

Dagi

Aw, Dagi, you're so sweet to me.  ..like pearls of a precious necklace!!  So lovely, Dagi!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

He Loves Me
« Reply #2277 on: October 05, 2007, 12:12:07 am »
He Loves Me by Littlewing1957

“Do you think your wife loves you?”  It was Ennis.  He didn’t know what came over him, asking Jack a question like that.  But he was lying in bed with him, crazy in love with the man, and somehow needed to know if what Jack had at home was real.  Ennis thought he knew the answer to his question, but he wanted to hear it from Jack.  Jack looked thoughtful for a moment.

“Yeah, friend,” Jack began, “I think she loves me in her own way.”  “What about you and Alma?  She loves you?”  Jack looked sidelong at Ennis, not really wanting to hear the answer.  But asking him a similar question somehow seemed polite.  Ennis lowered his handsome head for a moment, and then looked his lover straight in his blue eyes.

“I think she did once.”  Was Ennis’ reply.  The sentence hung in the air like a thick, ominous cloud.  Ennis became reflective and rather sad then.  The silence between the 2 lovers was awkward, uncomfortable.  "If you would only come away with me, you could feel loved 365 days of the year!” Jack thought.  He would never come right out and say this to Ennis.  Not now.  No need to ruin things.  Jack tried to lighten Ennis’ mood.

“Can I hold you?”  Jack whispered as he flung his arms wide, invited his lover in.  Ennis raised his head high and fell into Jack’s embrace.  He touched Jack’s mouth gently with his own, and Jack deepened the kiss.  They fell to the pillows in a silent and sweet embrace.

Dagi

Re: He Loves Me
« Reply #2278 on: October 05, 2007, 12:41:39 am »
He Loves Me by Littlewing1957

“Do you think your wife loves you?”  It was Ennis.  He didn’t know what came over him, asking Jack a question like that.  But he was lying in bed with him, crazy in love with the man, and somehow needed to know if what Jack had at home was real.  Ennis thought he knew the answer to his question, but he wanted to hear it from Jack.  Jack looked thoughtful for a moment.

“Yeah, friend,” Jack began, “I think she loves me in her own way.”  “What about you and Alma?  She loves you?”  Jack looked sidelong at Ennis, not really wanting to hear the answer.  But asking him a similar question somehow seemed polite.  Ennis lowered his handsome head for a moment, and then looked his lover straight in his blue eyes.

“I think she did once.”  Was Ennis’ reply.  The sentence hung in the air like a thick, ominous cloud.  Ennis became reflective and rather sad then.  The silence between the 2 lovers was awkward, uncomfortable.  "If you would only come away with me, you could feel loved 365 days of the year!” Jack thought.  He would never come right out and say this to Ennis.  Not now.  No need to ruin things.  Jack tried to lighten Ennis’ mood.

“Can I hold you?”  Jack whispered as he flung his arms wide, invited his lover in.  Ennis raised his head high and fell into Jack’s embrace.  He touched Jack’s mouth gently with his own, and Jack deepened the kiss.  They fell to the pillows in a silent and sweet embrace.

What a sweet, but at the same time sad moment. I´m convinced both women loved their men. Alma didn´t stop loving Ennis, that´s why she stayed, that´s why she was so upset on Thanksgiving although she was pregnant from and living with a new man. I think she kept loving him.

Beautifully written, Marie dear!  "If you would only come away with me, you could feel loved 365 days of the year!” aaah I clenched my teeth so hard it hurt when I read that...

Dagi
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:40:46 am by Dagi »

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: He Loves Me
« Reply #2279 on: October 05, 2007, 12:43:08 am »
Wow, Littlewing-
I don't know what to say; that is surely one of the most touching stories I've read in a long time. Positively heartbreaking and I loved every word of it.

I'm gonna miss you guys. Three weeks is a long time without BetterMost's "Jack with Ennis", good grief!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero