Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2172219 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Ennis' Lament
« Reply #2310 on: October 11, 2007, 11:09:29 pm »
Oh Marie, it hurts reading this. I so hope Emma is about to knock on the door...
Dagi

Hi Dagi!  Yes, Emma would certainly cheer him up.  I suppose poor Ennis shouldn't feel so alone.  Even without Jack he has affection.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Ennis' Lament
« Reply #2311 on: October 11, 2007, 11:10:08 pm »
Ah littlewing, that read like a beautiful, heartwrenching poem.  Gorgeous honey!

Susie 

Why thanks SusieBaby!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Boogie
« Reply #2312 on: October 11, 2007, 11:12:52 pm »
Interesting story, Marie. Some earlier stories have been tinged with a hint of the supernatural or the transcendent, but eeriness or supernatural horror are new inflections, I think, for our thread. Quite appropriate, as you say, for the season.

It seems that Jack saw his vision of Boogie as an evil thing, though Jonathan wasn't necessarily doing anything sinister, and may have actually thought he was being helpful to Jack. As someone who ruefully admits to having retreated from those claiming to have powers or experiences with the paranormal, I find it rather sad that Jack too gave in to his fear here.

Thanks, moremojo.  By the way, it is so good to see you here.  I've missed you.  Supernatural stories about Jack and Ennis are difficult to pull off, as the story is already so tragic.  The tragic elements offer up a lot of possibilities, but what I'm inspired to write is just so depressing.  I'll try to keep the supernatural stories on the lighter side.  I'll try!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: A Blast from the Past
« Reply #2313 on: October 11, 2007, 11:17:42 pm »
A Blast from the Past by Susiebell

Susie

hahahaha .. that was rubbish!!  See I told you I couldn't do spooky!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SusieBaby, this is brilliant.  Rubbish my ass!  Girl, what an inventive story!  I never would have thought of it.  What a great addition to our supernatural "series."  You're good at this my dear.  keep 'em coming!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2314 on: October 11, 2007, 11:19:31 pm »
Hi Susie dear,

In some sense, if not a literal sense, I think Ennis was haunted by many of the mistakes he had made.  And I think when Cassie told him that "girls don't fall in love with fun," he realized how wrong he was in treating her the way he did.  Of course he didn't love her.  And of course he should not have been with her.  But the way he left her was awful.  And I'm sure he felt pangs of guilt about that for the rest of his life.  So I don't think your story is rubbish.  I think it sheds light an important aspect of Ennis's inner life.

Gary

The way he left was was indeed awful, and I can imagine how poor Cassie felt.  I've been dumped this way (and worse) more times than I care to admit.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Stay Tuned
« Reply #2315 on: October 12, 2007, 01:02:24 am »
Can any of you image a scarier feeling than being alone in your home, or any familiar surrounding where you feel safe and secure, only to have that security threatened, especially by an intruder?  Now image Ennis, alone in his trailer in the dead of night.  His place is small and there is no other exit save his front door.  No one is around, and the trailer park is dead quiet, except for the hissing of the wind…

Stay tuned.  The story tomorrow...

Dagi

« Reply #2316 on: October 12, 2007, 08:58:32 am »
A Blast from the Past by Susiebell

That was spooky! So Cassie couldn´t life without him....gues I know another person who could hardly have survived another rejection...if Ennis only had understood that he was loved! Susie, do it again, please! (And I feel only a little cheated.  ;D)

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Stay Tuned
« Reply #2317 on: October 12, 2007, 09:00:35 am »
Can any of you image a scarier feeling than being alone in your home, or any familiar surrounding where you feel safe and secure, only to have that security threatened, especially by an intruder?  Now image Ennis, alone in his trailer in the dead of night.  His place is small and there is no other exit save his front door.  No one is around, and the trailer park is dead quiet, except for the hissing of the wind…

Stay tuned.  The story tomorrow...

I´m biting my nails with anticipation.  ;D

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #2318 on: October 12, 2007, 09:18:47 am »
Well if you're referring to me honey .... I didn't get the job  :-\ .... not even an interview  :( .... I guess they'll never know what a treasure they've missed out on!!  :D  I think someone up there's trying to see how far he can push me!!  :'(

I don't know if I can write another scary one, this little one just popped into my head after I'd read littlewing's ghostly tale! I'll try though.

Love Susie

If you can´t think of a scary one, how about you write the next line of our story, Susiebaby?  ::)  Only one line, is that really asked to much?

Dagi  :-*

Dagi

« Reply #2319 on: October 12, 2007, 02:00:29 pm »
Well if you're referring to me honey .... I didn't get the job  :-\ .... not even an interview  :( .... I guess they'll never know what a treasure they've missed out on!!  :D  I think someone up there's trying to see how far he can push me!!  :'(

I don't know if I can write another scary one, this little one just popped into my head after I'd read littlewing's ghostly tale! I'll try though.

Love Susie

Oh Susiebell, I didn´t read that properly, where did I have my eyes...you´ll get a better job, I´m sure, it all happens for a reason, sweetheart.  :)

:-* Dagi