Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170425 times)

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2320 on: October 12, 2007, 05:43:47 pm »
I can hardly keep my eyes open, Susie, I´ll read your story tomorrow!

Dagi  :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Fortune Teller
« Reply #2321 on: October 12, 2007, 11:14:06 pm »
The Fortune Teller by Susie

Mr and Mrs Del Mar were enjoying a rare day off.  A trip to the state fair was in order, but with their youngest son running a temperature, it looked like the day out was about to be cancelled. 

Their daughter stepped in at the last minute, "You go Momma and Daddy, I'll watch over the boys for you.  Ennis will be just fine, you'll see!  We can all go together next year."

"Well if you're sure honey"  Mrs Del Mar answered reluctantly.

The sun was shining, the smell of fresh donuts, hotdogs and cotton candy wafted through the air.  As they strolled arm in arm past Madame Mystique's tent, draped with oriental scarves, the heady scent of incense filling their nostrils, Mrs Del Mar made a sudden detour through the tent opening. 

"Come on Willard, let's see what the future has in store for us". 

"Load of balony Minnie, but if it makes you happy...and it keeps you quiet".  Mr Del Mar looked doubtful as he followed her into the tent.

"Madame, Monsiour, pleez take a seet", a wild haired, kind faced old woman gestured from across the table, her gaze fixed firmly on the crystal ball in front of her.

"You cross my palm weeth seelver pleez" she held out her hand and waited for the sound of clinking coins.

"Aarr, I zee cheeldren .... your leetle boy, ee is afraid, you must care for 'im, zer weell be much sadness in 'is life..."

"What a crock!" blurted out Mr Del Mar.

"Ee 'as suffered much terror already, somezing you 'ave shown to 'im, yes?"

"That little sissy!  Needs to learn to be a man .... I'll beat it out of him if I have to!"

"'You are a bad man ... I curse you!" she let out a squeal, and pushed away from the table,  "Enough, I cannot 'elp you anymore, you must go!"

Mr and Mrs Del Mar stood up, a little startled by her reaction.  "Gimme that..."  Willard grumbled, picking up his two quarters and turning to leave.

The old woman grabbed his hand, moved her face in close, and whispered menacingly in his ear "........ beware ze bend in ze road" and ushered them out of the tent.

"Damn crazy lady" he muttered, marching towards the exit, "Come on Minnie, we're leaving!".  Mrs Del Mar reluctantly followed her husband.  She wasn't ready to go yet, but she could tell by the tone of his voice that his mind was made up.

The journey home wasn't pleasant, the weather had taken a sudden turn for the worse and rain was lashing down onto the truck.  The wiper blades were at full speed but it was still almost impossible to see in front of them.  Mr Del Mar remained haunted by the old woman's voice, her threatening words. 

Suddenly, through the mist and rain, her face came into focus, drifting towards the windshield, disembodied, eyes wild, teeth bared, her voice echoing around them  ".... beware ze bend in ze road .... beware ze bend in ze road".

Blood curdling screams filled the air.  Mr Del Mar threw one arm protectively around his wife, the other, shielding his face ..... the tires skidded, sending the truck spinning over the embankment, and disappearing into the darkness......  All was silent ....

Susie

Exceptional tale, Susie.  You have a real knack for writing about the supernatural.  As I posted yestrday, writing horror tales about Jack and Ennis is not easy.  But you really scared me and helped explain what happened the night Ennis' parents had the accident.  If I was alone, I would have to tuen on every light in the house.  Read on for the tale I promised you...

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
From Beyond
« Reply #2322 on: October 12, 2007, 11:39:22 pm »
From Beyond by Littlewing1957

Ennis sat at his small table and poured over the bills.  He made a pile of bills to get in the mail right away, and a pile for those that could be paid later.  His heat was turned off for lack of payment, and Ennis sat huddled in blankets to keep warm.  Late October, and while not exactly freezing, it was cold outside.  It was cold inside, as well.  The bills all sorted, Ennis pulled the blankets tightly across his shoulders.  He was almost accustomed to the loneliness, but this night he experienced an almost unknown feeling: one of fear.

Ennis didn’t know why he was so afraid.  He listened to the night.  All quiet; too quiet.  Except for the wind.  To Ennis the wind didn’t count – it was always raging, rattling his trailer.  The wind was so familiar that he often ignored it, took the hissing for granted.  But not this night.  KNOCK!  There, he heard it!  Ennis jumped at the sound of a knock at his door.  He wasn’t expecting anyone.  Ennis moved to his front door on wary feet.  KNOCK KNOCK!  Again, Ennis heard it. 

“Who is it?”  Ennis bellowed against the sound of the wind, hoping that whomever, whatever was outside could hear him.  No answer.  No knocking sound, either.  He shrugged and turned away from his door.  KNOCK!  Again, a rap at his door - disembodied -chilling!  Ennis couldn’t hear the footsteps of a visitor for the volume of the wind.  He rushed to the door and flung it open.  No one there.  Nothing but the dust, the inky dark, the wind.  The road was a vacant strip.  Ennis closed the door.  Turning to prepare for bed, he felt it.  A gossamer breath on his neck, a tiny tap on his shoulder.  He turned on a dime, terrified now.  No one in back of him.  His door was shut tight and locked.  No one could have come in; no one walked past him.  Ennis stood very still, hoped he wouldn’t be sick.  He knew he wasn’t alone, sensed an entity standing right in front of him.  The “thing” stood between Ennis and his front door.  No other way out of the trailer.  A familiar smell, that of sweat and aftershave, a manly scent that Ennis recognized.  He knew who had come to call.

“I don’t want you here, Jack fucking Twist!”  Ennis shouted at the empty space right in front of him.  In his heart he knew that Jack had come to him, but his mind couldn’t fully grasp what he felt in his heart.  Ennis was not prepared to see Jack.  Hell, he couldn’t see him.  But Jack could be felt: a coldness that chilled him to the bone. 

“Please Jack!”  Ennis, almost hysterical now.  “Not now!  Not like this!”  Ennis fell to his knees.  And what happened next Ennis preferred to classify as a dream.  He thought he heard a gasp, a heartbroken sigh.  Just as quickly, the entity was gone.  Ennis eased his way toward his window and glanced outside.  He thought he saw a vague, shadowy hearse floating down the narrow strip of road….

Dagi

« Reply #2323 on: October 13, 2007, 03:14:40 am »
The Fortune Teller by Susie

Susie, what a brilliant idea to make the accident be a consequence of a curse...! And you said you aren´t good at writing spooky stories...rubbish! I can´t wait for the next one, honey, keep them coming!

Dagi :-*

Dagi

« Reply #2324 on: October 13, 2007, 03:16:43 am »
Yes ... I often have that affect on people!!   :P

Sleep tight Dagi dear! :-*

Susie

Now you talk rubbish again....I had been out with a friend, and I wanted to do your story justice! Stop dragging yourself down, sweetie.

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #2325 on: October 13, 2007, 03:29:55 am »
Hi there Susie sweetheart,

I read your story earlier this afternoon and I was all set to comment on it when Pokey IMed me.  He was in yet another chatty mood, and we were at it for over an hour.  Don't know what's gotten into him lately.  He usually will only talk to me five minutes at a time.

Anyway... I so wanted to say something about your spooky story before you went off to bed.   :(  I know how everyone is anxious to get some feedback when they post a new story, and I really wanted to give you some, but by the time I was finished with Pokey I needed to do some errands before it got too late.

I loved your story.  It's so delightfully creepy.  Ennis's no account father sure got his just desserts.  Feel a bit sorry for Mrs. Del Mar.  Seems she got whacked just for being in the car with her husband at the wrong time.  But of course some would say that it was her job to protect young Ennis from his father.  We don't know much about her, but it seems she didn't do much to persuade Ennis that he was loved and that he should be himself.

Thanks for the great read, and thanks so much for getting into the holiday spirit.  I love Halloween!   ;D

Gary

Hey Susie,

I start getting the impression we´ll have to write a story about our boys travelling to Thailand if we want to ever be able to compete with Pokey. ;D

Dagi

Dagi

Re: From Beyond
« Reply #2326 on: October 13, 2007, 03:35:45 am »
From Beyond by Littlewing1957

Ennis sat at his small table and poured over the bills.  He made a pile of bills to get in the mail right away, and a pile for those that could be paid later.  His heat was turned off for lack of payment, and Ennis sat huddled in blankets to keep warm.  Late October, and while not exactly freezing, it was cold outside.  It was cold inside, as well.  The bills all sorted, Ennis pulled the blankets tightly across his shoulders.  He was almost accustomed to the loneliness, but this night he experienced an almost unknown feeling: one of fear.

Ennis didn’t know why he was so afraid.  He listened to the night.  All quiet; too quiet.  Except for the wind.  To Ennis the wind didn’t count – it was always raging, rattling his trailer.  The wind was so familiar that he often ignored it, took the hissing for granted.  But not this night.  KNOCK!  There, he heard it!  Ennis jumped at the sound of a knock at his door.  He wasn’t expecting anyone.  Ennis moved to his front door on wary feet.  KNOCK KNOCK!  Again, Ennis heard it. 

“Who is it?”  Ennis bellowed against the sound of the wind, hoping that whomever, whatever was outside could hear him.  No answer.  No knocking sound, either.  He shrugged and turned away from his door.  KNOCK!  Again, a rap at his door - disembodied -chilling!  Ennis couldn’t hear the footsteps of a visitor for the volume of the wind.  He rushed to the door and flung it open.  No one there.  Nothing but the dust, the inky dark, the wind.  The road was a vacant strip.  Ennis closed the door.  Turning to prepare for bed, he felt it.  A gossamer breath on his neck, a tiny tap on his shoulder.  He turned on a dime, terrified now.  No one in back of him.  His door was shut tight and locked.  No one could have come in; no one walked past him.  Ennis stood very still, hoped he wouldn’t be sick.  He knew he wasn’t alone, sensed an entity standing right in front of him.  The “thing” stood between Ennis and his front door.  No other way out of the trailer.  A familiar smell, that of sweat and aftershave, a manly scent that Ennis recognized.  He knew who had come to call.

“I don’t want you here, Jack fucking Twist!”  Ennis shouted at the empty space right in front of him.  In his heart he knew that Jack had come to him, but his mind couldn’t fully grasp what he felt in his heart.  Ennis was not prepared to see Jack.  Hell, he couldn’t see him.  But Jack could be felt: a coldness that chilled him to the bone. 

“Please Jack!”  Ennis, almost hysterical now.  “Not now!  Not like this!”  Ennis fell to his knees.  And what happened next Ennis preferred to classify as a dream.  He thought he heard a gasp, a heartbroken sigh.  Just as quickly, the entity was gone.  Ennis eased his way toward his window and glanced outside.  He thought he saw a vague, shadowy hearse floating down the narrow strip of road….

I never fully understood Gary´s love for scary things...but I start loving it, too! Wow, that was creepy... :o I think I might have to put on a jacket, it has gotten cold in here!

Dagi

Dagi

E&J&J
« Reply #2327 on: October 13, 2007, 07:40:37 am »
Here we go......Dagi's contribution to the new series. Since I know that I'm not good at scary stuff I didn't even try to make it scary....hope it fits in nevertheless.

E&J&J by Dagi

The cheap, old bed was creaking rhythmically, but neither this noise nor the sound of the wind howling around the trailer could drown out the grunts and moans coming from the two men jouncing the mattress. Ennis tilted his head back, about to come, when he suddenly more sensed then saw a movement at the head of the bed. He opened his eyes – and froze. Jim looked up, a puzzled look on his face.
” Ennis, come on....don't stop now...I'm almost there....” He waited for Ennis to go on pumping his ass, but the man kept staring at a point somewhere behind him, an odd expression on his face, something between disbelieve and utter horror, mixed with......amusement?

An hour later, when Jim had gone home – the creepy moment somehow made him prefer to sleep in his own trailer that night – Ennis looked around, partly hoping, partly fearing Jack might show up again, but there was nothing and nobody, he was as alone as he had always been since Jack's death.
What had amused him when he saw Jack sitting there at the head of his bed when he was about to shoot his load into his friend's body was the aroused, yes aroused expression of Jack's face: blushed cheeks, lips parted, eyes dizzy, and he could swear he had heard a low moan coming from this ghost's throat, although that was not really possible, was it?
“Jack fuckin Twist....never figured you for a voyeur...” he chuckled, threw his head back and laughed.

Dagi

« Reply #2328 on: October 13, 2007, 07:56:49 am »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think that could be helpful sometimes.....

Dagi :-*

Dagi

« Reply #2329 on: October 13, 2007, 08:00:17 am »
Why thank you Dagi dear  :-*.  I can't take full credit for it though.  I remember my best friend writing something spooky about a curse when we were about 13.  I changed and adapted it for Mr and Mrs Del Mar. Shows I've got a good memory though!! ;D

Susie

Girls and guys, it's time to mark this day in the calendar! Susie's publicly made a positive remark about herself.  ;D

Dagi