Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170791 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Earthbound
« Reply #2460 on: October 27, 2007, 11:31:19 pm »
.... yeah but we can't ALL have Jake Gyllenhaal ... we'd wear him out!!  :P

Susie 

Very true!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Earthbound
« Reply #2461 on: October 27, 2007, 11:31:57 pm »
I'm not familiar with Terry Pratchett.  But if he's right someday I'll be 20 years old forever, my name will be Johan, I'll live in a celestial rendition of the Czech Republic, I'll always have a big, goofy smile on my face, and I won't own many clothes.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gary

P.S.  Did I mention that I'll have lots and lots of really hot buddies?   :D

Sounds good to me, Gary!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

The Spirit is Weak
« Reply #2462 on: October 28, 2007, 12:01:43 am »
The Spirit is Weak by Littlewing1957

Some say that spirits remain on Earth because they died so quickly that they don’t know they’re dead.  Some earthbound spirits continue on, visiting the places they frequented while alive, wondering why strangers, or even loved ones no longer interact with them.

Jack entered the bar in a snit!  He had been driving all night, but he didn’t seem to get anywhere.  He thought it strange that he seemed to pass the same street signs, billboards, landmarks.  It seemed to Jack that he traveled many miles in what seemed like minutes.  But he wasn’t any closer to his destination.  Funny, but Jack couldn’t remember where he was headed!

The bar was crowded, smoky, and thick with the scent of unwashed bodies.  Jack made his way to the bar and sat on one of the high stools.  He looked around him at the patrons who were smoking, drinking, and shooting the breeze.  Most of them were quite ugly, Jack observed.  The guy sitting next to him was perhaps the most presentable person in the bar, but he stared straight ahead, a glass of beer right in front of him.  Jack tried to strike up a conversation with the stranger, but the man looked straight ahead, like he never heard.

“Oh, so that’s how it is!”  Jack said to the stranger.  He didn’t know exactly where he was, but when he found out..well, Jack vowed never to return to such a seemingly backward, strange place.

The bartender placed a round napkin in front of Jack and asked him what he wanted.

“Whiskey!”  Jack stated emphatically.  The bartender, a pretty young thing in jeans and a T-shirt, nodded politely and fetched Jack’s drink.  She placed a shot glass of whiskey in front of Jack and he chugged it in one gulp.

“Another one!”  Jack barked.  When he saw the look on the girl’s face, Jack was shamed.  He realized that he was acting like an ass and had no reason to take his anger out on the bartender.  “I’m a gentleman!”  Jack thought as he called the young woman over.  She approached him with his second shot of whiskey and leaned in to hear what he had to say.

“I’m sorry, miss!” Jack began, as he placed a $5.00 bill in her hand.  The young lady smiled when she saw the $5.00 and placed it in her bosom. 

“You’re not from around here, are you?”  The bartender asked.

“No, I’m from Texas.”  Jack stated matter-of-factly. 

“I’m on my way to…”  Jack couldn’t finish the sentence, even as the young bartender looked on expectantly. 

“Where you headed?”  She encouraged.  But Jack just stared at her.  He turned up his glass, finishing his whiskey in one gulp.  He was starting to get the old familiar buzz, and was beginning to feel more like himself.  Perhaps it was time to get back on the road.  Jack told himself that he could drive with the windows down, and the cool breeze would keep him awake, make him keen and sharp.  Jack paid for his drinks and got up to leave.

On his way out he noticed that no one even looked at him.  It was odd, because Jack Twist was a head-turner and he knew it.  He was used to women, and even men looking at him.  But this time it was different, and it spooked him.  Almost at the door, and a surly looking man in a ten gallon hat almost stepped on his foot.  Jack looked at the man and said,

“Excuse me, mister.”  But the man kept on walking without even looking in Jack’s direction. 

“Okay, that’s it!”  Jack thought.  “These people need some manners!”  Jack couldn’t explain why he went after the big stranger; it was not at all like him.  Perhaps it was the drink.  But Jack followed the man who was walking to the bar.  When the big guy stopped in front of the pretty young thing of a bartender, Jack tapped him on the shoulder.

“Hey mister, I’m talking to you!”  Jack exclaimed.  No reaction of any kind from the man.  The bartender handed the surly yokel a glass of beer, and when he turned to leave the bar, he walked right through Jack’s body!  Jack shivered as the man passed through him.  He looked at the bartender, who shrugged and whispered,

“Go to the light.  Go to God.” 

Jack looked down and inspected his body.  He seemed quite whole, but what just happened, the "accident" with the surly man, explained a lot. 

“I’m dead?”  He whispered.  The young lady nodded sadly. 

Jack gave the bartender a solemn but warm smile.  He looked up at the ceiling and noticed a bright light descending toward him.

“Thank you, miss!”  Jack whispered almost as an afterthought before he disappeared.

Dagi

Re: The Spirit is Weak
« Reply #2463 on: October 28, 2007, 03:59:49 pm »
The Spirit is Weak by Littlewing1957

“Thank you, miss!”  Jack whispered almost as an afterthought before he disappeared.

What an extraordinary person the bartender must be, that she can see Jack, although she doesn´t know him. You write stories that are creepy, and utterly believable at the same time.

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2464 on: October 28, 2007, 04:04:07 pm »
Aww, poor Jack.  How confusing and scary that must have been for him.  But at least he had the bartender.  This reminded me a little of Carnival of Souls, which is very creepy.  But your story was uplifting in the end.

Gary

I saw Carnival of Souls the other night for the first time in many years.  It is one of the creepiest movies out there, and certainly imspired this story.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2465 on: October 28, 2007, 04:05:02 pm »
Brilliant story littlewing .... what a wonderful imagination you have!

“Go to the light.  Go to God.”  I'm not a religious woman, but this brought tears to my eyes.  Thank goodness Jack had the bartender to guide him.

Susie

Thanks, Susiebaby!  You always say the sweetest things!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2466 on: October 28, 2007, 04:06:40 pm »
What an extraordinary person the bartender must be, that she can see Jack, although she doesn´t know him. You write stories that are creepy, and utterly believable at the same time.

Dagi

Thanks, Dagi.  You alway know what to say.  You guys make me feel so good!  It is one of the reasons I keep on writing.

How about it, you guys?  Should I keep on with the scary stories?  Halloween is not here yet, and I think I can squeeze out a few more horror tales.

Dagi

« Reply #2467 on: October 28, 2007, 04:52:35 pm »
Thanks, Dagi.  You alway know what to say.  You guys make me feel so good!  It is one of the reasons I keep on writing.

How about it, you guys? Should I keep on with the scary stories?  Halloween is not here yet, and I think I can squeeze out a few more horror tales.

Keep them coming, Babe! I love them!!

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2468 on: October 28, 2007, 04:55:21 pm »
Has anybody heard from Toycoon? Shouldn´t he be back by now?

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2469 on: October 29, 2007, 07:43:40 am »
Dagi, I loved your ghostly story of Ennis and Jack and Jim so much.   Hope you don't mind me trying to write a second instalment...   

E+J+J Part Two - Jack's Back... by spiceylife

........But Jack’s luscious mouth seemed to be everywhere at once – caressing behind him, between his parted cheeks, warm and wet between his legs, licking at his balls, kissing all over his body, sucking at his nipples but most of all, Jack’s mouth was on Ennis’s, his lips as sweet as ever, his kiss tasting of love..........

Hi Spiceylife, how good to see you again! Are you staying a while? Please do!

Of course I didn´t mind you continuing my little story - in fact it´s an honor!! Your story is heartwarming, touching, sad and comforting at the same time, and of course - spicey as hell!!
HOT HOT HOT!!! My heart has still not gone back to its normal pace... ;D

Dagi