Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170848 times)

moremojo

Re: Homeward Bound
« Reply #2490 on: November 01, 2007, 10:06:58 am »
Moremojo, this tale gave me chills!  Very well done.  The end really took me by surprise.  What a twist!  I actually like the idea of Mrs. Del Mar sanctioning Jack and Ennis's love.  And to think that she wanted to keep Jack company until Ennis joined them.  Wonderful.  I loved reading through this, Moremojo.  Thanks so much for the story!
Very sad but beautiful, Scott.  And just spooky enough to make this a great Halloween tale.  Very descriptive writing, too.  Thanks Scott.

Gary
Thank you for your kind words, Marie and Gary. I'm just happy I was able to get a Halloween story in just in the nick of time!

I hope everyone had a safe and special Halloween!  :)

moremojo

« Reply #2491 on: November 01, 2007, 04:50:34 pm »
Ah Scott, that was beautiful!  Jack being welcomed by Mrs Del Mar just brought tears to my eyes ... I wonder where his dad is?
I didn't want to contemplate that...too scary!  :o

Thank you for your gratifying feedback, Susie!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Fetch
« Reply #2492 on: November 01, 2007, 05:29:20 pm »
Hi Littlewing.  I've never heard of a fetch, but the idea is very creepy.  I've heard of people who have just recently died visiting friends and relatives just before they got word of the death, but this fetch thing is new to me.  Thanks for telling us about it, and for writing a story about it.  Very spooky Halloween tale. 

Gary

Thanks, Gary.  A fetch is another name for doppelganger.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2493 on: November 01, 2007, 05:30:36 pm »
Aww thank you littlewing, they are cute aren't they  :-* I hope Maria had a great time ... you're never too old for sweets!!

Susie   

She had a great time, thanks, Susie.  I'm really proud that I'm avoiding the sweets at all costs!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2494 on: November 01, 2007, 07:28:58 pm »
I remember watching a TV drama about doppelgangers ... scared the whatsits out of me!!  The doppelganger was exactly the same as it's counterpart but it's teeth were all yellow and nasty and pointy and disgusting.  So the victim thought he/she was perfectly safe until the doppelganger opened it's mouth  :o :o ........**shudder**

Susie  

Do you remember the name of the TV show?  Sounds like something I would like to see!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2495 on: November 01, 2007, 07:30:00 pm »
Very spooky and unsettling story littlewing, you had me gripped from the very first line ... you're so good at this!   :-*

Susie  

Thanks, Susiebaby.  It was difficult to write, but I had a good time writing it. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2496 on: November 01, 2007, 07:33:31 pm »
Hey everybody, now that another Halloween has come and gone, do you think we should return to sexy, romantic tales, or do you think we can continue with the scary stuff? 

What do you guys think? 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2497 on: November 01, 2007, 11:16:07 pm »

Ooooh definitely a sexy romp or two to warm us up for Christmas!  I've suddenly got this lovely picture in my head of Jack in a Santa hat .... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  :P

Sounds good to me, SusieBaby!  I'll work on a sexy tale for tomorrow!  Thanks for the link to the Santa Dance.  I haven't seen that in awhile!

WHERE IS TOYCOON?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2498 on: November 01, 2007, 11:16:59 pm »
I don't I'm afraid!  I think it was one of those one-off dramas made for TV .... we have some really good ones in the UK!  But it was horrible honey ... You'll have nightmares about those teeth .... trust me!!

Susie 

Hmmmm sounds scary.  If you ever think of the name, let me know.  I love British horror!

Dagi

« Reply #2499 on: November 02, 2007, 05:37:56 am »
Homeward Bound by moremojo

Jack didn't know why he was so keen on going to the armpit-edge of the state to cop a glance at Ennis's hometown, specially when Ennis had never shown interest in visiting Lightning Flat, barely seemed to give a damn about the Twist family or history; yet Jack was in love, though he could barely admit it to himself and certainly couldn't say so to Ennis, and Jack knew in his heart of hearts that this undying curiosity to know more about Ennis's past was just the natural result of loving that Del Mar cowboy with every fibre of his soul...on this he mused as he noticed a sign stating SAGE whiz past his lonely barreling truck.

The sun was lowing on the horizon as Jack drove into town, though 'town' was a mite generous in describing the forlorn, ramshackle clutch of buildings that constituted what was left of Sage, imbued with a certain air of nobility by the day's fading light; at least Jack thought things weren't as bad as they could be as he parked his truck and stepped out for a closer look at things, feeling the nip of a cool Wyoming night close in on him as he stepped gingerly down the dusty unpaved streets, searching for any sign of life...he was thus both surprised and comforted to see one weatherworn woman step out a door, give him a wizened hint of a smile, and startle him further by speaking "Evenin' to ya, Jack."

"Evenin', ma'am", Jack responded with his unyielding politeness, "but how do you know me, if you don't mind my askin'?"--Jack felt a twinge of fear mixed with a strange sense of comfort in the moment, and shuddered as the woman went on with "You don't know me, Jack Twist, but I know you. I've loved you for years for sake of lovin' my sweet boy, my Ennis...I seen you both on the mountain, knew that you were meant for each other, and blessed you from above. I come to welcome you home, Jack", whereupon Jack, looking at once deeply into the old woman's eyes, saw himself reflected as the bloody corpse beside the Childress County road, face smashed in with iron and hate, and immediately remembered his recent fate, and what had truly brought him to this lonely time-forgotten spot, hoping for love and comfort from the icy hand that now embraced his, and the thin voice, like the rustling of fall leaves, continuing "We just have to wait for him, Jack...you'll see, the years are just the blinkin' of God's eyes...we'll wait for him together."

You touched my heart.

Dagi