Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2171143 times)

Dagi

Re: Right (5)
« Reply #2600 on: November 10, 2007, 07:42:14 am »
Right (5) By Littlewing1957

Ennis woke at exactly 5:13a.m. to the smell of camp fires, sheep and the heady, masculine smell of Jack Twist.  Perhaps it was all a dream, but how to explain the sensation of the scents?  Ennis didn’t make a big deal about it, but decided to enjoy.  He remembered Jack’s smell, and thought back to days when Jack surprised him with an impromptu visit, climbed into bed with him.  Ennis was grateful for the olfactory memory. 

It was early, but Ennis knew he had to get up and plan the rest of his life.  It was cold in the motel room; it was cold outside.  Ennis checked out of the room and made his way up the main street.  Ennis loved the feel of the cold on his cheeks; the whistle of the wind; the sight of little children all dressed up in puff coats and mittens.  Ennis loved all of it.  Alma lived not ten minutes away by foot, and Ennis found himself pulled in her direction.

Alma still lived with her folks in a small one story shotgun.  The place could use a coat of paint, Ennis observed as he made his way up the steps.  He was just about to knock on the heavy door when he realized that he arrived empty handed.  Ennis was a country boy, but his mother taught him manners.  It would look bad if he visited his fiancé without even a few roses or some other delicate bloom to give her.  Ennis made a calculation of the money he had in his pocket and made his way back to the main street.

Please make the right plans for the rest of your life, Ennis!! The tension is building up, Littlewing, can´t wait to read more!

Dagi

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (6) bt Toycoon
« Reply #2601 on: November 10, 2007, 02:24:17 pm »
Right (6) by Toycoon

Shuffling down the dusty road with a modest bunch of pink carnations in one hand and the scent of Jack Twist still fresh in his nostrils, Ennis felt almost "queer", more so than he had after spending the entire summer making love to another man.

Now he was standing at the front door of the Beer's home; Ennis swallowed hard and rapped on the heavy door. The door slowly creaked open then Alma's older sister, Christine stood in the doorway. She was a pleasant looking woman, not as pretty or petite as Alma but attractive nonetheless.

Christine smiled and said warmly, "Howdy, Ennis. What a surprise, don't think Alma was expecting you back 'til later on this month. " Her expression changed suddenly to concern.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 10:08:33 pm by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Right (7)
« Reply #2602 on: November 10, 2007, 04:44:58 pm »
Right (7) By Littlewing1957

Ennis looked at Christine and wondered if she would allow him in.  Christine must have read Ennis’ mind, as she exhaled audibly. “Oh, where are my manners, Ennis!”  Christine said as she moved aside.  “Come on in!”  Ennis smiled and entered the tiny living room.  He handed Christine the carnations, and she sauntered into the kitchen to put them in some water.

“Alma’s not here, but I expect her back any minute!”  Christine yelled from the kitchen.  “Our folks drove into town to pick up a few things at the market.  Looks like it’ll be you and me for a little while.”  “That’ll be fine.”  Ennis yelled toward the kitchen in response.  Christine exited the kitchen a moment later with the carnations in a tall glass vase.  She sat them on the dining room table as a centerpiece.  Christine sat down on the overstuffed, floral couch beside Ennis.

“So can I get you anything?”  Christine asked.  “No, I’m okay.” Ennis stated in a small, tired voice.  Christine nodded, and they sat motionless and silent.  Ennis took a minute to observe his future sister-in-law.  She was a pretty woman with long fingers and short, cropped brown hair.  Ennis always liked Christine, but now sensed that something was bothering her.  “So how you been?”  Ennis asked in an effort to make conversation.  “Fine.”  Christine answered absently.  Ennis suddenly felt like an intruder and questioned his decision to pay Alma a call.  He was just about to get up, make his apologies to Christine when he heard the key turn in the lock.  Alma rushed into the house in a good mood.  She was giggling shyly, and she wasn’t alone!

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right
« Reply #2603 on: November 10, 2007, 05:51:08 pm »
Afternoon.

Well, right it is!  Alma is not alone, and is "giggling shyly"... I hope it's a guy, Monroe?, which would give Ennis the perfect 'out' [so to speak!] to break off the engagement and leave... or maybe Alma intends to do that anyway.  Unexpected, which I should be expecting from you.  Again, liking the tag-team writing.  It all goes together so well. 

Thanks again.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (7)
« Reply #2604 on: November 10, 2007, 10:26:40 pm »
And the plot thickens...   ;D  Littlewing and Toycoon, you two are on a roll.  I'm loving it.  I loved how Toycoon had Christine seem reluctant to let Ennis in, and I loved how Littlewing picked that up.  Now I'm left wondering who was with Alma.  Could it be that she found a new boyfriend?  For both her sake and Ennis's it would be great if she did.

Gary

Thanks, Gary!  I'll wait a bit and see if Toycoon adds part 8.  If he hasn't, I'll work something out and post it tomorrow.  Thanks for your kind words.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right
« Reply #2605 on: November 10, 2007, 10:27:43 pm »
Afternoon.

Well, right it is!  Alma is not alone, and is "giggling shyly"... I hope it's a guy, Monroe?, which would give Ennis the perfect 'out' [so to speak!] to break off the engagement and leave... or maybe Alma intends to do that anyway.  Unexpected, which I should be expecting from you.  Again, liking the tag-team writing.  It all goes together so well. 

Thanks again.

Thanks, Babe!  I'm having a good time writing the series and am just as curious as to where it will lead. 

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2606 on: November 11, 2007, 04:49:26 am »
Toycoon and Littlewing, you rock!! Please go on! :D

And Susie, come back ASAP! Kick that bug out the door! We don´t feel complete here without you!

Dagi

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (8) by Toycoon and Littlewing
« Reply #2607 on: November 11, 2007, 12:35:23 pm »
Right [8] by Toycoon and Littlewing

Alma sailed into the Beer's living room, giggling and laughing, more animated than Ennis had ever seen her and flanked by a young man that he recognized as one of reverend's sons; Alma froze like a deer in the headlights when she spotted Ennis sitting in her father's old armchair.

"Ennis! What are you doing here? We...I mean, I wasn't expectin' you back 'til September. You should have called." She turned to the young man and said nervously, "This is Ennis. Me an' him..." Her voice trailed off and the boy held out his hand to Ennis. "Peter Matthew, nice to know ya."

Ennis looked the other man over, feeling a twinge of jealousy followed a pang of guilt. Ennis shook Peter's hand then Alma spoke up, "Ennis, could we talk?"

Christine piped in and offered, "Peter, come on in the kitchen an' I'll fix up some lemonade!"
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

Re: Right (8) by Toycoon and Littlewing
« Reply #2608 on: November 11, 2007, 02:21:15 pm »
Right [8] by Toycoon and Littlewing

Alma sailed into the Beer's living room, giggling and laughing, more animated than Ennis had ever seen her and flanked by a young man that he recognized as one of reverend's sons; Alma froze like a deer in the headlights when she spotted Ennis sitting in her father's old armchair.

"Ennis! What are you doing here? We...I mean, I wasn't expectin' you back 'til September. You should have called." She turned to the young man and said nervously, "This is Ennis. Me an' him..." Her voice trailed off and the boy held out his hand to Ennis. "Peter Matthew, nice to know ya."

Ennis looked the other man over, feeling a twinge of jealousy followed a pang of guilt. Ennis shook Peter's hand then Alma spoke up, "Ennis, could we talk?"

Christine piped in and offered, "Peter, come on in the kitchen an' I'll fix up some lemonade!"

Fast or slow, I like the direccion you are going... ;D

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2609 on: November 11, 2007, 02:25:39 pm »
Hi everybody,

I just got a PM from our dear Susie.  Seems she's been hit pretty hard by some kind of stomach bug.  So she probably won't be around for a little while.  And she wanted me to let you know so that you wouldn't think she was simply ignoring anyone.  And she wanted me to send you all her love.

Gary

Seems you are the loudspeaker of the girls of this thread, Gary. :laugh: Susie, what you need is a laptop so that you could be with us while lying in bed! ;D Hope you get better soon, my dear!! LOVE!!

Dagi