Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170224 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2610 on: November 11, 2007, 03:11:56 pm »
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2611 on: November 11, 2007, 03:19:41 pm »
Hi everybody,

I just got a PM from our dear Susie.  Seems she's been hit pretty hard by some kind of stomach bug.  So she probably won't be around for a little while.  And she wanted me to let you know so that you wouldn't think she was simply ignoring anyone.  And she wanted me to send you all her love.

Gary

I'm so sorry to hear this!  Get better soon, SusieBaby!  This place just ain't the same without you!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (8) by Toycoon and Littlewing
« Reply #2612 on: November 11, 2007, 03:21:35 pm »
So Alma has been going out with the preacher's son?  Wow!  Back in WV preacher's sons were always wild.  All that repression you know.  So no wonder Alma was so happy when she came in.   :laugh: 

Thanks Toycoon.  Great to see you here.

Gary

Same with preacher's kids everywhere, Gary!  Half of the adults in my family are PKs (Preachers kids) and they are a wild bunch!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2613 on: November 11, 2007, 05:12:17 pm »
Get well, little Susiebell. We miss your presence, darlin'.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Right (9)
« Reply #2614 on: November 11, 2007, 08:44:59 pm »
Right (9) By Toycoon and Littlewing1957

With Peter and Christine out of ear-shot, Alma motioned for Ennis to have a seat.  She sat right next to him and took his hand in hers.  Ennis held Alma’s hand tight, as he noticed she was trembling.  “So how you been, Ennis?”  Alma asked.  Ennis didn’t know Alma as well as he should, never made much effort to get to know her, but he recognized fear.  “I’m okay, Alma.” Ennis answered.  “Why are you so nervous?  There something you need to tell me?”

Alma pulled her hand away and moved over to the window.  She stood by the brocade drapes and peeked out.  “Ennis, why are you here?  What happened with your job?”  Ennis told her all about the row with Aguirre and how he quit and came home early.  He left out the part about Jack Twist, though.  “This is no way to start a marriage, Ennis.”   Alma stated rather nervously.  “I think you should have stuck it out!”  Ennis fought hard to contain the rage that threatened to bubble forth from his chest.  “I’m not gonna work for no man who abuses me!”  Was Ennis’ retort.  Alma nodded as though she understood.

“Well, I wanted to wait until the job was done before I told you this.”  Alma whispered.  “Told me what?”  Ennis asked, his eyes narrowing to slits.  “Peter and me!” Alma began.  “Go on..”  Ennis stammered.  “Well, I think Peter and me are gonna git married!”  Ennis was silent.  Alma interpreted his silence for anger, and she was afraid to continue.  “You’re promised to me?”  Ennis ventured.  Alma wiped the tiny beads of sweat that dotted her delicate forehead.  “Ennis, I don’t know how you're going to react to this, but I’m pregnant!”

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (10)
« Reply #2615 on: November 11, 2007, 09:58:10 pm »
Right (10) by Toycoon and Littlewing1957

"Yer what?" Ennis' mind spun in a million different directions finally landing on anger. He grabbed Alma by her tiny shoulders and got right in her face, pleading, "How could do this ta me? We was gonna be married in November! Now I come ta find out you was foolin' round with another fella!"

Startled at first by Ennis' fury, Alma was emboldened by the fact that her lover was nearby in the other room and she challenged Ennis' accusations. "We only talked about gettin' married, Ennis and I was doin' most a the talkin'. We been goin' together for a whole year and I still don't know nothin' about you. You don't know nothin' about me!"

Peter walked out of the kitchen at that moment to see Alma in Ennis' grip. He ran over to them, pulled Ennis by the arm and swung him around. Alma bumped into the end table, knocking over the vase with the carnations and the flowers spilled onto the floor. Christine screamed and Peter took a swing at Ennis, hitting him square in the eye. Ennis sucker punched Peter in the stomach and the boy went down.

Alma shrieked, "Get out, get outta here, Ennis! Leave us alone! " Ennis grabbed his cowboy hat and flew out of the Beer's home, slamming the door behind him.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right (10)
« Reply #2616 on: November 11, 2007, 11:42:25 pm »
Evenin'.

Well, caught up with the action just now, and it's just that... moving apace! Interesting that Alma broke up with Ennis, maybe this time around she realized she needed more in her life, or maybe she wanted the preacher's son all the time and used Ennis to get Peter sympathetic and then...

Anyway, Ennis you're free of Alma.  Now, if Jack is still free... and you can get up to LF quickly or call right away... right!  Get things right this time!

Great story, youse twose. 

Thanks again.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2617 on: November 12, 2007, 12:10:30 am »

Hey there, Cowboy30. I'm delighted that you're enjoying this new series that Littlewing and I are spinning!
I'm having a ball collaborating with Littlewing and I've got all kinds of ideas brewing upstairs. Stay tuned to the second half.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Right (11)
« Reply #2618 on: November 12, 2007, 01:18:40 am »
Right (11) By Toycoon and Littlewing1957

Ennis walked out into the cold.  He wasn’t exactly smarting over the pain in his eye, but over the fact that he was punched by two men in less than a weeks time!  And now, Alma!  Ennis’ pride was hurting more than anything else.  He felt pity for poor Alma, as well as concern.   He hoped for her sake that Peter agreed to marry her before she started showing!

Ennis couldn’t blame Alma for her affair with Peter – no, not really.  He would be a total hypocrite if he did blame her.  How could he fault Alma when he had a physical relationship with Jack Twist?  Ennis liked to think that he was a fair man, and in this case, there was more than enough blame to go around.  Ennis decided right then and there to release Alma and go on with his life.

He never really had to see Alma again, but what to do?  He had nowhere to go.  His folks were dead; his siblings were raising their own families.  For the first time in his life, Ennis felt real fear.  He headed down Alma’s street and considered hitching a ride to the bus station.  Perhaps he could find some kind of inspiration from reading the bus schedules and watching travelers come and go.  Ennis wondered what Jack Twist would do in this situation.  He pulled his jacket closer against the cold and decided to walk to the bus station.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2619 on: November 12, 2007, 02:11:07 am »
Evenin'.

Well, caught up with the action just now, and it's just that... moving apace! Interesting that Alma broke up with Ennis, maybe this time around she realized she needed more in her life, or maybe she wanted the preacher's son all the time and used Ennis to get Peter sympathetic and then...

Anyway, Ennis you're free of Alma.  Now, if Jack is still free... and you can get up to LF quickly or call right away... right!  Get things right this time!

Thanks again.

Thanks!  Stay tuned!  We've only just begun!