Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170114 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Right
« Reply #2640 on: November 14, 2007, 12:37:21 pm »
Toycoon and Littlewing, I can´t beginn to tell you how much fun it is reading this!

I just love Ma Twist. I so love her. And I always knew OMT is a good soul inside (although I´d prefer to have breakfast with only Jack and Roberta  ;)).

And please, Jack, do it. Go and find Ennis.

Thanks, you two!

Dagi

I'm glad you're enjoying this as much as I am, Dagi.  Thanks for your kind words!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Right (19)
« Reply #2641 on: November 14, 2007, 12:58:16 pm »
Right (19) By Littlewing1957

The post office was all but deserted when Jack entered.  He didn't know how long his ma would be in the store, but he knew he had to act fast.  Jack walked over to a display of Postcards.  He saw a card that featured a mountain that reminded him a lot of Brokeback.  "This can't be more perfect!" Jack spoke aloud as he snatched up the card and paid for it.  But just as he was about to print an address on the back, Jack noticed his mother exiting the store, overstuffed bags of groceries in both arms.  Jack cursed silently and placed the card in his sweatshirt pocket.

Mrs. Twist smiled as Jack moved toward her, arms outstretched to receive the grocery bags.  "Ma, I wish you had come to get me before carrying these bags out!" Jack complained as he took the bags from his ma.  "These are too heavy for you to carry!"  Mrs. Twist grinned at her son.  He was always so protective of her.  She patted his forearm and fell in step beside him.  "I didn't think, honey."  Mrs. Twist answered.  "Besides, I looked out and I didn't see you in the truck."  Jack stiffened a bit.  "Yeah..I had to go over to the post office for a minute."  Jack stated.  "Does this have something to do with the business you have to take care of when we get back home?"  Jack was silent for a moment.  "Yeah ma, going to the post office was just part of it".  Jack loaded the bags of groceries into the back of the truck, strapped his mother in, and headed for the house.

Mrs. Twist and Jack entered the house just as Mr. Twist was heading out.  He nodded to them both, but didn't say a word.  "Where is he off to?" Jack asked his ma.  "Oh, I don't know."  She answered flatly.  "Probably out to check on the barn."  Jack nodded and considered giving his pa a hand.  But first he helped his mother put away the groceries.  After that chore was completed, Jack climbed the steps to his room.  he removed his sweatshirt and slid the postcard out of the pocket.  Jack sat down on his twin-sized bed and stared at the card. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (19)
« Reply #2642 on: November 15, 2007, 01:21:43 am »
Hi Littlewing and Toycoon,

You know what this is starting to remind me of?  Old-fashioned serials.  I'm not old enough to remember when they were shown in movie houses before the main feature, but I've seen a few on TV over the years.  They're short features that always end in a cliffhangers so that the viewer would come back next week to find out what happened.  As I understand it, many people did come back, even if they weren't interested in the main feature that week.  They just couldn't miss an episode of the favorite serial.

Thanks for creating this serial for us, and for keeping us coming back for more. 

Gary

I'm too young to remember serials, but my parents told me all about them!  I can see what you mean, Gary.  This series is like one of those old-fashioned serials!  Writing this series along with Toycoon is giving me a lot of pleasure.  Stay tuned, my loves!  :)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (20) by Toycoon
« Reply #2643 on: November 15, 2007, 03:08:27 am »
Jack could hear the creaking of the floor boards outside his bedroom as the footsteps got closer and closer, followed by the rattling of the doorknob turning and the squeak of the door opening. The sounds brought a shiver to Jack's spine and he held his breath to be as quiet as he could.

Pale moonlight streaming through the window barely illuminated the imposing figure crossing the room. The shadows cast by the little toy horse and rider made it appear to be galloping along the wall.

Jack clenched his fists tightly and buried his head in the pillow, screaming silently.

When Jack awoke before sunrise, he was still dressed in his old sweatshirt, blue jeans and cowboy boots from earlier in the day. He noticed the postcard addressed to Ennis laying on the desk, picked it up and read it. Jack knew he had to get out to mail the card before his folks got up.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:49:11 pm by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2644 on: November 15, 2007, 09:05:39 am »
Awwww thanks for being my messenger boy!  :-*  And thanks Dagi, Shasta (cute doggy!), littlewing and toycoon for your good wishes and positive vibes... I'm all better now thank goodness, and so happy to be back here where I belong!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Love Susie 

Hi Susie,

it´s good to have you back here!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2645 on: November 15, 2007, 10:11:07 am »
Awwww thanks for being my messenger boy!  :-*  And thanks Dagi, Shasta (cute doggy!), littlewing and toycoon for your good wishes and positive vibes... I'm all better now thank goodness, and so happy to be back here where I belong! 
Love Susie

Awww, Miss Susie, you're back! Littlewing, Shasta, Gary, Dagi and I, we missed you and your sparklin' wit.
Did you have exciting fever dreams? Boy, me an' Littlewing sure did! Now, there's only twenty chapters to catch up to (and tag on to, if you dare!) to our newest saga, 'Right'.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (8) by Toycoon and Littlewing
« Reply #2646 on: November 15, 2007, 12:32:17 pm »
Sounds like a fun family!  Can I come over the next time you're throwing a party??  ;D ;D ;D

Susie

You bet!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Right (21)
« Reply #2647 on: November 15, 2007, 12:51:36 pm »
Right (21) By Littlewing1957

Ennis made it to the bus station before twilight.  He wanted nothing more than to sit down on one of the benches and rub his throbbing feet.  The station was not very busy, never really was, as far as Ennis knew.  He ambled into the station and sat down on the bench near the service window.  Ennis lowered his head as he tried to make a mental effort to sort out his life.  He allowed his mind to drift back to Alma and Peter.  Ennis was almost proud that he couldn't muster enough jealousy to blow both Alma and Peter's brains out! 

But what to do?  Ennis didn't want to admit it, but at the present time he was homeless.  He was also jobless and felt utterly alone.  He reached into his pockets and counted out his cash.  Only $50.00.  Down to his last $50.00!  Ennis wanted to cry, but he was far too strong a man for that.  Ennis resolved right then and there to not only survive, but thrive.  He knew he had a long road ahead of him, and didn't quite know where to start.  But Ennis was diligent and resourceful.  He would figure something out!

After a few minutes of sitting and catching his breath, Ennis walked over to the service window and picked up a bunch of brochures and bus schedules.  He looked at the bulletin board in hopes that job announcements would be posted.  Ennis would take anything, even menial work.  He saw listings for janitors, ranch hands, even a librarian.  Ennis jotted down the number of the establishment that needed a ranch hand.  He then read the bus schedules in hopes that a bus stopped somewhere, anywhere near Lightning Flat.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:16:28 pm by littlewing1957 »

Dagi

Re: Right (21)
« Reply #2648 on: November 15, 2007, 05:52:47 pm »
Right (21) By Littlewing1957

Ennis made it to the bus station before twilight.  He wanted nothing more than to sit down at one of the benches and rub his throbbing feet.  The station was not very busy, never really was, as far as Ennis knew.  He ambled into the station and sat down on the bench near the service window.  Ennis lowered his head as he tried to make a mental effort to sort out his life.  He allowed his mind to drift back to Alma and Peter.  Ennis was almost proud that he couldn't muster enough jealousy to blow both Alma and Peter's brains out! 

But what to do?  Ennis didn't want to admit it, but at the present time he was homeless.  He was also jobless and felt utterly alone.  He reached into his pockets and counted out his cash.  Only $50.00.  Down to his last $50.00!  Ennis wanted to cry, but he was far too strong a man for that.  Ennis resolved right then and there to not only survive, but thrive.  He knew he had a long road ahead of him, and didn't quite know where to start.  But Ennis was diligent and resourceful.  He would figure something out!

After a few minutes of sitting and catching his breath, Ennis walked over to the service window and picked up a bunch of brochures and bus schedules.  He looked at the bulletin board in hopes that job announcements would be posted.  Ennis would take anything, even menial work.  He saw listings for janitors, ranch hands, even a librarian.  Ennis jotted down the number of the establishment that needed a ranch hand.  He then read the bus schedules in hopes that a bus stopped somewhere, anywhere near Lightning Flat.

It feels good to come here and read the newest story after all that nasty trouble. Jack with Ennis is my home. Thank you, Littlewing and Toycoon for keeping the campfire burning. I love this story. And I have the feeling you all head in the right direction. :)

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (21)
« Reply #2649 on: November 15, 2007, 10:12:43 pm »
It feels good to come here and read the newest story after all that nasty trouble. Jack with Ennis is my home. Thank you, Littlewing and Toycoon for keeping the campfire burning. I love this story. And I have the feeling you all head in the right direction. :)

Dagi

Thanks, Dagi!  This is my home and my refuge!  I'm glad you find it comfortable around the campfire.  I know I do!  :)