Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170852 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2650 on: November 15, 2007, 10:14:44 pm »
  1,000 POSTS!!

Congratulations Gary Baby!!

Love Susie  

No kiddin?  How did I miss that?  Happy 1000 posts, Gary Sweetheart! Where is Gary, anyway?  I haven't seen him around in about a day or so!  :)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2651 on: November 15, 2007, 10:29:10 pm »
No kiddin?  How did I miss that?  Happy 1000 posts, Gary Sweetheart! Where is Gary, anyway?  I haven't seen him around in about a day or so!  :)

Who knew when it all started on TOB a little over a year ago that it would still be rolling strong?
Congratulations everybody!

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2652 on: November 15, 2007, 10:34:33 pm »
Who knew when it all started on TOB a little over a year ago that it would still be rolling strong?

Bruce, Bruce, you're so sweet!  It is so very nice of you to post this here for us!  I can't believe we've been at this for a year!  I can't believe it!  Well, I'm not tired yet, not by a long shot.  Thanks again for posting.  You're the best!  :-*

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2653 on: November 16, 2007, 12:27:45 am »

True Oracle,
You remembered our anniversary! I still remember when you graced our humble thread with a little something-something about facial hair. Care to run that one again for us? We sure would be obliged. You super stud, you!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right 21
« Reply #2654 on: November 16, 2007, 12:29:01 am »
Evenin'.

Well, little bit of OS there, with Jack sending a card to General Delivery in Riverton.  And, glad to read that Ennis made himself a promise, to not only survive but to thrive.  OS Ennis should have done that, too.  Not just take it for granted that "if you don't have nothin' ya don't need nothin'."  He has set a goal, and now has something to work for.  And yet, down to his last $50.00, he's still looking for a bus ticket to find Jack. 

And, once again I missed "all that nasty trouble" you're talking about.  Should I be looking somewhere? Or just stay here, sitting down near the campfire in my Cathartt jacket, hat pushed back a bit, leaning against the old tree log, legs stretched out, bottle of Old Grandad in hand, enjoying the evening chill, the firelight, good friends, and the stories told round the campfire?

Thanks again.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2655 on: November 16, 2007, 12:38:22 am »
Re: The Tree   
  by True_Oracle_of_Phoenix      (Mon Dec 11 2006 13:42:23 )   

UPDATED Mon Dec 11 2006 13:43:11
Jack stayed in the bedroll for a while after Ennis left, dozing and dreaming, but also half-awake.

The morning sunlight filtered through the trees and shadows of leaves danced on the canvas above him.

Jack pushed the bedding aside, thrust his legs into his jeans, and stepped out from the tent into the morning bright, face still stinging, chafed sore on Ennis's night stubble - Jack chuckled to himself - no doubt about it, Ennis's face had to be smarting too!

This was my sole little contribution to that thread.  After a thousand some posts in this forum alone, I am surprised you remembered it, Toy!   :)
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2656 on: November 16, 2007, 12:54:10 am »

Congrats, Mr. C.!!!!

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (22)
« Reply #2657 on: November 16, 2007, 02:13:26 am »
Ennis made up his mind; Mount Rushmore, South Dakota. He didn't know a soul there but it sounded as good a place as any. Besides, he'd heard the hunting and the fishing was good there. The travel brochure stated that hunters came from all over the country in search of the ring-necked pheasants. Ennis had never seen a pheasant and he was ready for a new experience.

The Greyhound pulled up at precisely 5:05 and Ennis stepped aboard. He stood in the aisle for a few minutes, then spotted an empty seat next to a window and sat down across from a young woman. The bus driver closed the doors and sped off.

It wasn't more than a few minutes when the woman said, "Hey there, cowboy. You headed to Rushmore, too?" Ennis looked over at her and nodded 'yes'. "I'm Millie, my grandma and grandpa live in Rapid City.' The woman, who appeared to be of American Indian descent, paused, waiting for Ennis to introduce himself and when he didn't, she asked, "What's your name?"

"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right 22
« Reply #2658 on: November 16, 2007, 12:43:33 pm »
Mornin'.

Well, South Dakota??!! Guess Ennis still doesn't have it in him to go looking for Jack... and the postcard won't be delivered... yet... and Ennis won't be stepping off the bus in Lightning Flat any time soon.  Four years? Hope not. 

Interesting twist. Let's see how they work this out, and get it right for a change.

Thanks again. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Right (23)
« Reply #2659 on: November 16, 2007, 01:09:13 pm »
Right (23) By Littlewing1957

Ennis didn't answer at first.  He stared straight ahead and was silent.  Millie studied the handsome, fair haired man.  "I'm sorry, mister,"  She offered.  "I didn't mean to intrude.  I'm just trying to be friendly."  Ennis sighed and took another look at the woman.  He pursed his lips self-consciously.  "Forgive me miss,"  Ennis stated sincerely. "But I've got a lot on my mind, and I don't mean to be rude.  My name is Ennis.  Ennis Del Mar."  Millie smiled sweetly.  "It's okay, Ennis," She began.  "Nice to meet you!"  Ennis nodded and was silent again.

The bus ride to South Dakota would prove to be long and tedious.  Ennis looked out the window and wondered what he would do when he arrived in Mount Rushmore.  He couldn't stand the thought of being without food or a place to sleep.  He heard once from a friend that he could bed down at the YMCA for a short time.  Ennis hoped he could at least find a cheap motel to spend the night.  After a good nights sleep he can look for work.

Millie pulled out a bologna sandwich and ate hungrily.  She looked over at Ennis and something about him triggered her maternal instincts.  Perhaps it was his sadness that got to her.  Millie wanted to protect him.  "Would you like a sandwich, Ennis?"  Millie asked as she pulled another sandwich from her bag.  "I got bologna, ham and cheese and good ol peanut butter and jelly.  Take your pick!" she smiled as she held out all 3 wrapped sandwiches in her ample palms.  "No..no.."  Ennis began, but Millie refused to take no for an answer.   "C,mon, Ennis!  You haven't eaten a bite since we left.  I know you must be starved, now what'll it be?  The ham and cheese is really good!  Made it myself!"  Ennis grinned and gave in.  "Thanks, Millie.  I'll take the ham and cheese."  Millie handed over the wrapped sandwich and watched as Ennis devoured it in 3 bites.  "See, you were hungry!" she laughed.  Ennis smiled.  He was warming up to the young woman, and was certainly touched by her kindness.  "Ennis,"  Millie began thoughtfully.  "When we arrive in Mount Rushmore, my grandpa will meet me at the station.  Do you need a ride?  Can we drop you off somewhere?