Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170419 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Right (35)
« Reply #2700 on: November 20, 2007, 02:51:39 pm »
Right (35) By Littlewing1957

"Should we wake him?"  Mrs. Twist asked her husband as they both stood, side-by-side, in front of the couch, looking down at a sleeping Ennis Del Mar.  Mrs. Twist studied Ennis as he slept.   Something about him touched her very soul.  Perhaps it was her son's obvious fondness for him, or maybe it was his shy, unassuming, and trusting nature.  Mrs. Twist wasn't sure why she was instantly taken with Ennis.  "No, let him sleep!"  It was Mr. Twist.  He walked over to his chair and plopped down.  "But you should go up and tell Jack that he's here."  Mrs. Twist nodded and headed up the stairs.

Jack lay awake in bed. He heard the knock at the door, knew that someone came to visit, but he had no way of knowing who, nor did he care.   All he could think about was Ennis and their idyllic time together up on the mountain.  Jack's ma knocked on his bedroom door.  "Jack!" she yelled.  "You awake?"  Jack was silent a for a few seconds before he answered her.  "Yeah, ma, I'm awake."  "Well come on down, you have a visitor; someone I'm sure you'll want to see!"  Jack rolled his blue eyes.  He couldn't image who would come to call.  He was friendly enough with the young people in town, but he was not what one would call popular.  "Ma," Jack began, "If Katie is here, tell her I'm not up to company.  I'll call on her tomorrow."  Mrs. Twist smiled.  "Jack, its not Katie."  She stated excitedly.  "Ennis Del Mar is here to see you!"  Jack jumped at the mention of Ennis' name.  "Ennis Del Mar?" Jack shouted.  "Ennis?"  Jack sprung out of bed.

"Tell him I'll be down in a minute."  Jack shouted through the door, but his mother had already started down the stairs.  Jack smoothed his pajamas, ran a few fingers through his hair.  But then he stopped fussing.  Jack knew he had nothing to worry about!  Ennis saw him at his worst: hair dirty and spiky, breath foul, clothes filthy and musty smelling.  Jack didn't even care how the house looked, and was sure Ennis wouldn't care, either.  He looked in the mirror one last time and decided he looked decent.  Jack took the stairs 2 at a time, and when he reached the couch where Ennis slept, he noticed that his parents had left the room.  He was all alone with a sleeping Ennis Del Mar!  Jack stood there and feasted his eyes on his friend.  He couldn't believe that Ennis was lying there; that he actually tracked him down.  Jack couldn't stand it anymore and shook Ennis' right shoulder.

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2701 on: November 20, 2007, 02:56:25 pm »
PLEASE GO ON!!!  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right 35
« Reply #2702 on: November 20, 2007, 04:27:05 pm »
Afternoon.

Well, two already today, and they're in the same room at the same time without parents around.  Bet Mrs. T insisted that they give them some time alone.  Jack in his pjs?!  Ennis will surely think it's a dream... come true.  So, when's the kiss?!

Like the Reverend. He knows OMT, and tells him to go lightly on Ennis.  Hope he does, and continues to do so when he finds out the depth of the friendship between Ennis and Jack. 

Agree with Gary and Dagi: you've got the tension down great, carry on!!

Thanks again. 

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Five Things About Those Lips And Eyes
« Reply #2703 on: November 20, 2007, 04:34:49 pm »
Afternoon.

Posted this yesterday at Brokeback Slash, in response to the "5 things" challenge.  Not sure where this fits in really in the threads over here, but since it's definitely not a 'drabble', and even though not really part of the 'game' rules you set up originally, figured you wouldn't mind my posting it here.  Hope you like it.

Thanks again.

Ennis sat on the steps, occasionally taking a pull from the bottle of whiskey held in his right hand.  The afternoon sun slipped down to kiss the tops of the far mountains before sliding behind them, releasing their shadows to spread slowly across the plain below and swallow all before them into their darkness.

Jack’s gone, he thought, God how I miss him, miss those lips and eyes that told me so much.

Miss them thin in a straight line, as Jack stood there, hands on hips, telling him to make up his mind, fire in those blue eyes of his.

Miss them half full, as Jack pushed out his lower lip to pout, with the start of a smile touching the edges, telling him it wasn't that serious after all, a sparkle in those blue eyes of his.

Miss them moist, as Jack licked them in anticipated of what was to come, telling him to hurry up already, desire in those blue eyes of his.

Miss them full, as Jack pressed them hard against his, opening to allow him access, giving and taking in return, telling him it was time for action, lust in those blue eyes of his.

Miss them puffy and blotched, as Jack lay there in his arms after a heaving bout of kissing, sex or no sex, sated and hurting, telling him silently he wanted even more, love in those blue eyes of his.

As Ennis remembered, the shadows continued their inexorable daily path towards him.  They struck the trees to the West, which added their own shadows, with the combined spread now looking like fingers grasping at all in their path.  Part of Ennis watched in fascination as the shadows crossed the dusty drive and reached the bottom step below him, then started their upward climb towards him.

Before the shadows could envelop his boots, Ennis realized that the ringing in his ears came from the telephone inside, not from concentrating so hard to hold onto each memory of Jack.  He willed the memories to slide back into that special place where he honored them, as he slipped from the shadows’ touch and headed inside.  The screen door banged into place behind him, blocking temporarily the forward progress of those outside shadows.  But even wood and screening could not keep out the encroaching darkness.  It slipped inside and oozed across the faded carpet towards the figure now sitting back in the recliner, one weary hand holding the bottle, the other reaching for the telephone.

“Hello?”

“Hey.”

Relief flooded through him.  “Hey, yourself. You made it. You okay? Folks okay?”

“Yeah, safe and sound, tired, but okay. So are they, as best as can be under the circumstances, considering they’re in this board and care place. …” The voice shifted, low. “Miss you, miss you a lot.”

The last words caressed Ennis’ ear like puffs of a warm summer breeze.

“Miss you too.”  Ennis couldn’t help but smile as he spoke those three little words, and thought about those lips doing the same, a sparkle of love in those blue eyes.  As they talked, filling each other in on the past five hours of their lives, he reveled in the sound of the voice coming from those lips, and saw those blue eyes and all they told him.

Ennis put the bottle down on the end table, and leaned over and switched on the lamp beside the recliner.  The shadows retreated quickly and disappeared, banished from inside the room by the light of a lamp and banished from inside Ennis by the light of his life. 

Dagi

« Reply #2704 on: November 20, 2007, 05:41:18 pm »
Hi cwby30! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful story with us. You did a wonderful job there, I so enjoyed reading this. Stay with us, please!

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2705 on: November 20, 2007, 10:01:00 pm »
Afternoon.

Posted this yesterday at Brokeback Slash, in response to the "5 things" challenge.  Not sure where this fits in really in the threads over here, but since it's definitely not a 'drabble', and even though not really part of the 'game' rules you set up originally, figured you wouldn't mind my posting it here.  Hope you like it.

Thanks again.

Ennis sat on the steps, occasionally taking a pull from the bottle of whiskey held in his right hand.  The afternoon sun slipped down to kiss the tops of the far mountains before sliding behind them, releasing their shadows to spread slowly across the plain below and swallow all before them into their darkness.

Jack’s gone, he thought, God how I miss him, miss those lips and eyes that told me so much.

Miss them thin in a straight line, as Jack stood there, hands on hips, telling him to make up his mind, fire in those blue eyes of his.

Miss them half full, as Jack pushed out his lower lip to pout, with the start of a smile touching the edges, telling him it wasn't that serious after all, a sparkle in those blue eyes of his.

Miss them moist, as Jack licked them in anticipated of what was to come, telling him to hurry up already, desire in those blue eyes of his.

Miss them full, as Jack pressed them hard against his, opening to allow him access, giving and taking in return, telling him it was time for action, lust in those blue eyes of his.

Miss them puffy and blotched, as Jack lay there in his arms after a heaving bout of kissing, sex or no sex, sated and hurting, telling him silently he wanted even more, love in those blue eyes of his.

As Ennis remembered, the shadows continued their inexorable daily path towards him.  They struck the trees to the West, which added their own shadows, with the combined spread now looking like fingers grasping at all in their path.  Part of Ennis watched in fascination as the shadows crossed the dusty drive and reached the bottom step below him, then started their upward climb towards him.

Before the shadows could envelop his boots, Ennis realized that the ringing in his ears came from the telephone inside, not from concentrating so hard to hold onto each memory of Jack.  He willed the memories to slide back into that special place where he honored them, as he slipped from the shadows’ touch and headed inside.  The screen door banged into place behind him, blocking temporarily the forward progress of those outside shadows.  But even wood and screening could not keep out the encroaching darkness.  It slipped inside and oozed across the faded carpet towards the figure now sitting back in the recliner, one weary hand holding the bottle, the other reaching for the telephone.

“Hello?”

“Hey.”

Relief flooded through him.  “Hey, yourself. You made it. You okay? Folks okay?”

“Yeah, safe and sound, tired, but okay. So are they, as best as can be under the circumstances, considering they’re in this board and care place. …” The voice shifted, low. “Miss you, miss you a lot.”

The last words caressed Ennis’ ear like puffs of a warm summer breeze.

“Miss you too.”  Ennis couldn’t help but smile as he spoke those three little words, and thought about those lips doing the same, a sparkle of love in those blue eyes.  As they talked, filling each other in on the past five hours of their lives, he reveled in the sound of the voice coming from those lips, and saw those blue eyes and all they told him.

Ennis put the bottle down on the end table, and leaned over and switched on the lamp beside the recliner.  The shadows retreated quickly and disappeared, banished from inside the room by the light of a lamp and banished from inside Ennis by the light of his life. 

cwby30, this is just beautiful!  I want to thank you for posting this here for us.  You're a poet and you're very talented.  You have done so many things here, in this piece, but I especially love the way you show us how deeply Ennis and Jack are connected.  Gone just 5 hours and they missed each other to the point of real longing and flashbacks and..well, poetry?  Exceptional!  And AU!  I love AU pieces! Very well written and extremely moving.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Five Things
« Reply #2706 on: November 21, 2007, 12:08:48 am »
Evenin' to all of you.

Well, I appreciate the kind words about my story and my writing.  Sometimes it hits just right, and this was one of them.  I do like AU, and happy endings, so write that all the time.  What's the point of AU, if you don't give the guys a chance at happiness?  They had enough hurt in OS and the movie.  And don't worry, I do plan to stick around here for a while, and contribute when I can.  Big footsteps to follow, though. 

Thanks again.    :)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Five things about those lips and eyes
« Reply #2707 on: November 21, 2007, 01:42:27 am »
Howdy cwby30!
Nice to have you join in the fun around these parts. I don't mind bending the rules here. The three sentence rule is just a guideline. You're among deviants anyway! We welcome all comers. Feel free to contribute in any way you like.
Hmmm, some day I'll try writing a drabble. Yours is wonderful and very lovingly written. I don't know the rules of writing a drabble but of course, I don't follow the rules anyway.
Isn't it interesting how Brokeback Mountain has brought out the poet in all of us?

I love Jack's lips, too. We all do: right, Susiebell?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (36) by Toycoon
« Reply #2708 on: November 21, 2007, 01:49:15 am »
Right (36) by Toycoon

The passion and animal lust was extremely intense and building between the two men as they stood only inches apart. Ennis could feel Jack's hot breath on his face. Ennis closed his eyes, intoxicated by an incredible surge of deep desire; he'd never felt, tasted or touched so much he was previously afraid to imagine.

He loosened the belt and tore open his shirt, then, Jack exploded into action. "Guns goin' off!" Jack growled, squeezing and shaking Ennis violently by the shoulders, "Ennis aww, Ennis... Ennis!"

Stunned, Ennis opened his eyes, blinking until the Twist living room slowly came into focus. He looked up to see Jack's familiar, smiling face. His blue eyes glowed in the golden light from the table lamp. "Sonofabitch, Jack. Is that really you?" he whispered slowly, "Sonofabitch."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:55:24 pm by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right 36
« Reply #2709 on: November 21, 2007, 12:37:20 pm »
Mornin'.

Well, "sonofabitch" is right!  Like how you reversed OS with Ennis' dream, and had it mixed into reality, and then when Ennis woke up used the words from OS when he saw Jack after 4 years.  Hope they both 'wake up' and don't let each other go this time.

Great round.

Thanks again.