Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170842 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Right (41)
« Reply #2730 on: November 24, 2007, 06:33:14 pm »
Oh Littlewing, this was so sweet, and so erotic!! Just perfect.

Dagi

Thanks, Dagi!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Right (43)
« Reply #2731 on: November 24, 2007, 07:12:54 pm »
Right (43) By Littlewing1957

Mr. Twist knew full well that the boys were just returning, but refused to make an issue of it.  He couldn’t image them going off somewhere to get physical – no, Old Man Twist’s mind wouldn’t picture it.  He liked to think that Ennis and Jack drove into town to catch up and talk about their summer on the mountain; even their lives after the job ended.   Mr. Twist had to believe that they got caught up in talk and lost track of time.  “Uh no, pa,” Jack began, looking to Ennis for confirmation.  “No, sir,” Ennis stammered, looking at Jack.  “We just came down to see if you needed any help around the ranch.”  A likely story!  Mr. Twist thought as he studied the young men standing before him.  He didn’t know Ennis from Adam, but he could tell when someone was lying to him.  “Well, just sit tight and your ma will be down to get your breakfast. Then we’ll talk about you two helping out around here.” 

Ennis watched Mr. Twist leave through the front door, and turned to Jack.  Ennis noticed that Jack was trembling, and placed a calming hand on his shoulder.  “I’m sorry, Jack!”  Ennis began.  “Bud, I’m not doin’ anything but causing trouble for you.  Maybe I shouldn’t have come!”  Jack shook his head and rubbed Ennis’ cheek.  “Don’t talk like that Friend!”  He whispered.  “You know I’m glad you’re here.  My pa wasn’t angry, and in his own way, invited you to stay with us a bit.  C’mon, let’s go get cleaned up and my ma will fix us a bite to eat.  What ya say?”  Ennis smiled at his friend and nodded.  “I guess so!  But I want to make breakfast for you and your parents.  Will you let me do that?”  Jack chuckled softly.  “Ennis Del Mar wants to stand in my ma’s kitchen and fix breakfast?”  Ennis grinned self consciously.  “Well, we’d be delighted, sir!”  Jack smiled as he bowed low before his friend.  They ran upstairs to Jack’s room to get cleaned up.

Mrs. Twist watched, fascinated, as Ennis moved around her kitchen like a pro.  He donned one of her best aprons and poured her a cup of coffee.  He made a morning meal of pancakes, scrambled eggs, freshly squeezed orange juice and bacon.  Mrs. Twist sighed with pleasure as she tasted Ennis' perfectly brewed java.  Jack attacked his breakfast with gusto, while his ma sat beside him and ate the expertly prepared meal.  Jack made a mental note to ask Ennis where he learned to cook like that!  When Old Man Twist entered the kitchen, he observed the spread and sat down at the table.  “Ma, you outdid yourself this morning,” Mr. Twist stated as he placed a few pancakes on his plate.  “Uh, pa,” Jack mumbled, his mouth full of eggs, “Ennis cooked this morning.”  Mr. Twist grimaced as he helped himself to a few slices of bacon.  Ennis watched in silence as Jack’s pa tasted his food.  “Well, I’ve tasted better, and by my own hand!”  The old man exclaimed.  “But this is good, young man!”  Ennis and Jack exhaled almost in unison.  “Sit yourself down and eat, Ennis.”  Mrs. Twist offered as she continued to devour her breakfast.  “And thanks so much for cooking for us.  A woman sure can get used to this.”  Jack smiled at his mother and stole a glance at his friend.  He noticed that Ennis was absolutely beaming with pride, and something that looked like relief.  Ennis' growing comfort was a beautiful thing to see, Jack thought.  Mr. Twist finished his meal in silence, and after everyone was full, he sat very still and watched as Ennis and Jack cleared away the dishes.  “Young fella,”  Mr. Twist addressed Ennis.  “You’re pretty handy with a spatula.  How are you at handling a hammer?  I need help with the barn.” 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (43)
« Reply #2732 on: November 25, 2007, 02:58:42 am »
MMM  I love breakfast food.  It's great to see that OMT isn't going to make things too difficult for Jack and Ennis.  He's being ornery, but not too ornery. 

Gary

Thanks, Gary.  I like to write Mr. Twist as a grumpy old man, but at the same time, explore his more mellow side.  I hope I'm suceeding!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2733 on: November 25, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »
Gosh ... a million stories to catch up on!!! ... or should I say, one gigantic story to catch up on!!!

I'll hopefully get some time to sit and enjoy them tonight.  Keep up the good work guys!!

Susie

Well, Miss Susiebell, ya better hurry. I just received a notice from the admins that I have to delete the following chapters of our torrid tale: Chapters 20 and 36. So all I can say is hurry up. True Oracle, would you mind archiving this stuff for us (and future generations)?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (44) by Toycoon
« Reply #2734 on: November 25, 2007, 06:41:33 pm »
Right (44) by Toycoon

Jack was proud of his friend, Ennis. He'd never seen his parents so taken with any of his friends before today; it was truly an astonishing sight to behold. Even his father, John Twist, became tolerable in Ennis' presence. Still, one nagging thought lingered at back of Jack's mind: would his parents like Ennis as much if they knew he and Ennis were lovers. Jack poked at the pancakes with his fork while he mulled this point over. The word 'lovers' echoed loudly in his mind.

Jack looked at his parents and tried to imagine them together; young and in love with no cares or obligations. Love was such a strange idea in Jack's world; in the town of Lightning Flat, in the state of Wyoming. It wasn't the type of thing that happened to cowboys or specifically, between cowboys. How did he fall in love with a man? Though Jack had never uttered that word to Ennis, it was clear that love was exactly what they were experiencing.

"Oh my, Ennis, I love this meal! You can cook breakfast for me anytime." exclaimed Mrs. Twist. Jack's mother was so unaccustomed to such gallantry that she was positively giddy from the attention. "Mr. Twist was just sayin' he needed another hand to help with the farm and I can certainly use the help around here. Won't you stay a spell? I'm sure Jack would be happy to share his room with you."
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2735 on: November 25, 2007, 06:52:32 pm »
No one is being asked to delete their stories.  Please see your private messages if you have received them, and the notice by Phillip about our advertiser guidelines:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,15157.msg292364.html#msg292364

If you have questions about our advertiser guidelines they can be addressed in the Town Hall.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2736 on: November 25, 2007, 09:59:36 pm »
I thought this was supposed to be a safe place where we could express ourselves freely without having to worry about what the homophobes and trolls think.  

BBM is a story about two men who found themselves at odds with the mores and customs of the culture in which they lived.  I thought that those of us who are devoted fans of this film universally acknowledge that social standards are not always right, and that those standards should always be closely examined, and sometimes directly challenged.  But it seems some people would rather accept the standards and censor their fellows than stand up for what is right.

How ironic that BBM itself would be censored here at a site dedicated to its message.

Gary    

I think they just want us to clean them up, or move them somewhere else.  I have deleted 2 of my offending stories and will modify the other.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2737 on: November 25, 2007, 10:00:14 pm »
No one is being asked to delete their stories.  Please see your private messages if you have received them, and the notice by Phillip about our advertiser guidelines:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,15157.msg292364.html#msg292364

If you have questions about our advertiser guidelines they can be addressed in the Town Hall.

Louise, do you think there will be others?  I mean, is the "audit" complete?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2738 on: November 25, 2007, 10:33:39 pm »
The only items that need to be addressed are the ones users have received private messages about.  We are not planning a comprehensive review of the entire history of the thread.  So yes, the 'audit' is complete.

We are asking all authors to please in the future post any explicit stories on an external site and link them here so that we don't have any controversies arise with our advertisers.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2739 on: November 25, 2007, 10:45:57 pm »
Our dearest BetterMost Moderators,
I would have to be incredibly ungrateful not to comply with your simple and reasonable request. I will modify the content of those two stories right away. Thank you so much for letting us know how to link to our more explict stories for the readers that would like to access that material.
Very best regards,
Toycoon