Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170569 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Right (45)
« Reply #2740 on: November 25, 2007, 10:54:05 pm »
Right (45) By Littlewing1957

Mr. Twist listened to his wife invite Ennis to stay.  He was fine with it, but had to object to him sharing a room with Jack.  He wasn’t a Christian man in the strict sense, but he couldn’t allow Ennis and Jack to room up together.  He would object to Jack sharing a room with anyone – male or female.  Mr. Twist hated to seem selfish, but he would offer Ennis the basement for the duration of his stay.  Ennis wouldn’t get any rest if he were to share Jack’s room.  What good would he be around the place if he wasn’t well rested?

“Uh, Jack, your room is too small.  Why don’t you show Ennis the basement?  It’s warm and dry, and there is a small bed down there for him to sleep on.  I just re-did the basement a few months ago, and I’m sure Ennis will be comfortable there.”  Jack looked at his friend and shrugged.  He knew his father suspected something, and wanted to keep them apart, especially at night.  Mrs. Twist said nothing, as she thought Ennis might be better off in the basement.  Ennis couldn’t say anything.  He was grateful for the offer, and knew that he and Jack always had the tree house for trysts.  “Jack, go show Ennis the basement."  Mr. Twist ordered as he left the room. “Make him comfortable!” 

“C’mon Ennis,” Jack began as he moved toward the back of the tiny house.  “We’ll get you set up down there in no time.”  Ennis followed Ennis out back and they climbed down the few steps to the basement.  Mr. Twist was right – it looked newly painted, and was very clean and dry.  The tiny bed was against the far wall, and Ennis was delighted to see a hutch with a mirror and a chest of drawers.  Mr. Twist even added a small toilet, hidden behind a heavy curtain.  Ennis thought that for now, the digs were more than adequate.  He looked at jack and smiled.  “This will do just fine, Jack!  I think I’ll be very comfortable here.”  Jack nodded and sat down on the twin sized bed.  “Well, I’m glad you like it, but I was hoping we could share a room.”  Ennis walked over to his friend and took his hand.  “Don’t sweat it, Bud,” He whispered.  “We can find ways to be together in between all the work.  We’ll find time, believe me.”  Jack smiled and offered Ennis a tender kiss before he led him back into the house.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2741 on: November 25, 2007, 11:02:08 pm »
Our dearest BetterMost Moderators,
I would have to be incredibly ungrateful not to comply with your simple and reasonable request. I will modify the content of those two stories right away. Thank you so much for letting us know how to link to our more explict stories for the readers that would like to access that material.
Very best regards,
Toycoon

I second this!  I have deleted the explicit stories and am happy to find that the 3rd is okay. 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2742 on: November 25, 2007, 11:11:17 pm »
We are doing our best to make sure there is as little impact as possible to your creative efforts.  If anyone would like to be helped through the process of externally hosting your content we would be glad to 'rescue' any threads you like and get them over to Livejournal or Divshare for you.  The goal is not to get people to stop posting or to delete their work, but to make sure we comply with our advertising obligations.  Thank you for your understanding.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right (45)
« Reply #2743 on: November 25, 2007, 11:13:22 pm »
Ennis walked over to his friend and took his hand.  “Don’t sweat it, Bud,” He whispered.  “We can find ways to be together in between all the work.  We’ll find time, believe me.”  Jack smiled and offered Ennis a tender kiss before he led him back into the house.

Littlewing,
So beautiful! This is the first time I've shed a tear over this saga in a while. Thank you.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2744 on: November 26, 2007, 12:40:12 am »
We are doing our best to make sure there is as little impact as possible to your creative efforts.  If anyone would like to be helped through the process of externally hosting your content we would be glad to 'rescue' any threads you like and get them over to Livejournal or Divshare for you.  The goal is not to get people to stop posting or to delete their work, but to make sure we comply with our advertising obligations.  Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for sayin' so, Louise.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

« Reply #2745 on: November 26, 2007, 05:10:00 am »
I have deleted those of my stories that contain mature content which could be in violation of our contract with Google.

I have been asked to delete (or remove) a story that is in my opinion a tender piece about two men who are deeply in love with each other and have come to a point in their relationship where they fully trust each other. This is something I would have wished for Jack and Ennis. I'm not allowed to write about it? Okay then. This place is not different to all the other places obviously.

I'll go on reading, and commenting, Littlewing, Toycoon, Susie, or whoever wants to write a story here, but I don't feel like writing anymore. I would leave Bettermost if I hadn't made friends here. It's because of you guys that I stay.

I will miss your stories, Gary, but I understand.

Dagi
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 06:56:37 am by Dagi »

Dagi

Re: Right (43)
« Reply #2746 on: November 26, 2007, 06:26:48 am »
Right (43) By Littlewing1957

Mr. Twist knew full well that the boys were just returning, but refused to make an issue of it.  He couldn’t image them going off somewhere to get physical – no, Old Man Twist’s mind wouldn’t picture it.  He liked to think that Ennis and Jack drove into town to catch up and talk about their summer on the mountain; even their lives after the job ended.   Mr. Twist had to believe that they got caught up in talk and lost track of time.  “Uh no, pa,” Jack began, looking to Ennis for confirmation.  “No, sir,” Ennis stammered, looking at Jack.  “We just came down to see if you needed any help around the ranch.”  A likely story!  Mr. Twist thought as he studied the young men standing before him.  He didn’t know Ennis from Adam, but he could tell when someone was lying to him.  “Well, just sit tight and your ma will be down to get your breakfast. Then we’ll talk about you two helping out around here.” 

Ennis watched Mr. Twist leave through the front door, and turned to Jack.  Ennis noticed that Jack was trembling, and placed a calming hand on his shoulder.  “I’m sorry, Jack!”  Ennis began.  “Bud, I’m not doin’ anything but causing trouble for you.  Maybe I shouldn’t have come!”  Jack shook his head and rubbed Ennis’ cheek.  “Don’t talk like that Friend!”  He whispered.  “You know I’m glad you’re here.  My pa wasn’t angry, and in his own way, invited you to stay with us a bit.  C’mon, let’s go get cleaned up and my ma will fix us a bite to eat.  What ya say?”  Ennis smiled at his friend and nodded.  “I guess so!  But I want to make breakfast for you and your parents.  Will you let me do that?”  Jack chuckled softly.  “Ennis Del Mar wants to stand in my ma’s kitchen and fix breakfast?”  Ennis grinned self consciously.  “Well, we’d be delighted, sir!”  Jack smiled as he bowed low before his friend.  They ran upstairs to Jack’s room to get cleaned up.

Mrs. Twist watched, fascinated, as Ennis moved around her kitchen like a pro.  He donned one of her best aprons and poured her a cup of coffee.  He made a morning meal of pancakes, scrambled eggs, freshly squeezed orange juice and bacon.  Mrs. Twist sighed with pleasure as she tasted Ennis' perfectly brewed java.  Jack attacked his breakfast with gusto, while his ma sat beside him and ate the expertly prepared meal.  Jack made a mental note to ask Ennis where he learned to cook like that!  When Old Man Twist entered the kitchen, he observed the spread and sat down at the table.  “Ma, you outdid yourself this morning,” Mr. Twist stated as he placed a few pancakes on his plate.  “Uh, pa,” Jack mumbled, his mouth full of eggs, “Ennis cooked this morning.”  Mr. Twist grimaced as he helped himself to a few slices of bacon.  Ennis watched in silence as Jack’s pa tasted his food.  “Well, I’ve tasted better, and by my own hand!”  The old man exclaimed.  “But this is good, young man!”  Ennis and Jack exhaled almost in unison.  “Sit yourself down and eat, Ennis.”  Mrs. Twist offered as she continued to devour her breakfast.  “And thanks so much for cooking for us.  A woman sure can get used to this.”  Jack smiled at his mother and stole a glance at his friend.  He noticed that Ennis was absolutely beaming with pride, and something that looked like relief.  Ennis' growing comfort was a beautiful thing to see, Jack thought.  Mr. Twist finished his meal in silence, and after everyone was full, he sat very still and watched as Ennis and Jack cleared away the dishes.  “Young fella,”  Mr. Twist addressed Ennis.  “You’re pretty handy with a spatula.  How are you at handling a hammer?  I need help with the barn.” 

this reminds me that I hadn´t had breakfast today! :laugh: What would I give for a breakfast made by Ennis...you and food, Littlewing! Delicious! And I start liking this grumpy OMT!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2747 on: November 26, 2007, 12:04:35 pm »
If you take a short tour of the Fan Fiction forum here, you will see that the vast majority of writing that is posted is hosted by Livejournal or fanfiction.net.  This is the norm for all fan fiction that is posted for BBM, because a good deal of it is explicit, and has been assumed that on a public board made available to children (this forum is not restricted to adults) it is considered both polite and cautious to do so.  We have never felt the need to impose any restrictions in this way, nor do we object to the posting of whole short stories on the Fan Fiction forum, however.

Our concern is strictly limited to the advertising restrictions outlined by GoogleAds.  Without advertising, Bettermost would not be here, because donations given by members are not adequate to sustain the cost of running the site.  While it would be wonderful to envision a future without the restrictions of advertising, that is not possible at present.  No one has been criticized for their stories - but we have politely (and privately) asked for some recent stories that are particularly graphic, to be externally hosted so as not to run into difficulties.

It is unfortunate that most of the authors have decided instead to delete their work instead of providing links.  We have offered repeatedly to help with the technicalities.  It is not difficult to do.  We are asking authors to recognize the contractual limitation we are under, rather than to characterize this as some sort of censorship attempt.  It is not.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2748 on: November 26, 2007, 02:36:18 pm »
I think it's going to be down to littlewing and toycoon to keep this thread alive then ... can't say that I feel like writing much at the moment either.   :'(

I'm glad you guys are here :-*

{{{{{Dagi}}}}}
{{{{{Gary}}}}}
{{{{{Littlewing}}}}}
{{{{{Toycoon}}}}}

Love Susie  :)

Oh come on, SusieBaby!  In time you'll feel differently, I'm sure.  Please don't give up on writing.  I enjoy reading your stories!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (45)
« Reply #2749 on: November 26, 2007, 02:37:15 pm »
Littlewing,
So beautiful! This is the first time I've shed a tear over this saga in a while. Thank you.

Thanks, Toycoon!  I can't wait to read your next offering!  We gotta keep this thread alive!  :)