Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170226 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2750 on: November 26, 2007, 02:39:08 pm »
Dear fellow fanfic writers,

I have decided that I will no longer write fanfiction.  If you care to know why you can read my explanation in my new blog in the "Our Daily Thoughts" section.  It's titled "Becoming Myself, Finally."  (Feel free to comment there if you wish.)

I want to thank you for being so receptive and supportive of my efforts here.  And I promise I am not leaving you behind.  I will continue to follow your stories and post comments.

I have come to think of you as part of my family, and I hope to keep you close.

Love,
Gary

Please reconsider, Gary.  You're too fine a fanfic writer to give it up completely.  I enjoy reading your stories too much to be without them.  Oh well, just as long as you're here with us, reading and commenting, I guess I'll be satisfied. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2751 on: November 26, 2007, 02:42:08 pm »
I have deleted those of my stories that contain mature content which could be in violation of our contract with Google.

I have been asked to delete (or remove) a story that is in my opinion a tender piece about two men who are deeply in love with each other and have come to a point in their relationship where they fully trust each other. This is something I would have wished for Jack and Ennis. I'm not allowed to write about it? Okay then. This place is not different to all the other places obviously.

I'll go on reading, and commenting, Littlewing, Toycoon, Susie, or whoever wants to write a story here, but I don't feel like writing anymore. I would leave Bettermost if I hadn't made friends here. It's because of you guys that I stay.

I will miss your stories, Gary, but I understand.

Dagi

Dagi, please!  I hope you'll change your mind about writing.  And please, no more talk about leaving.  Hey, I'm a bit gun shy about writing, as well, but I enjoy it too much to give up.  I understand your decision, but I'm hoping with time you'll change your mind.  At least you'll be here reading and commenting, which means a lot to me!

moremojo

« Reply #2752 on: November 26, 2007, 03:05:50 pm »
Sorry to hear about all the recent troubles, friends. I too now feel wary about contributing new stories to this thread, because I will always be questioning "how far is too far". This thread's raison d'etre is to write stories involving Ennis and Jack in some kind of romantic and/or erotic scenario. How are we to judge when something becomes too "erotic" for the public standards of the site? In essence, we are being asked to employ self-censorship in our writing, and that definitely feels like a burden to me. I'm not sure I will be participating anymore other than as a reader and commentator.

Peace to all (and I hope everyone had a pleasant and safe holiday [grazie, Marie!]--I for one did),

Scott

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2753 on: November 26, 2007, 03:09:03 pm »
Sorry to hear about all the recent troubles, friends. I too now feel wary about contributing new stories to this thread, because I will always be questioning "how far is too far". This thread's raison d'etre is to write stories involving Ennis and Jack in some kind of romantic and/or erotic scenario. How are we to judge when something becomes too "erotic" for the public standards of the site? In essence, we are being asked to employ self-censorship in our writing, and that definitely feels like a burden to me. I'm not sure I will be participating anymore other than as a reader and commentator.

Peace to all (and I hope everyone had a pleasant and safe holiday [grazie, Marie!]--I for one did),

Scott

I know how you feel, Moremojo.  How romantic is too romantic?  I suppose I'll firgure it out. Moremojo, please continue to write for us.  I'll really miss your stories.  But if you can't find your way to contribute, I'm relieved to read that you'll at least read and continue to comment. 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2754 on: November 26, 2007, 03:40:17 pm »
I am posting my reply to Scott"s message on the Daily Thoughts forum to here for clarification.

see revised guidelines on the Fan Fiction forum:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3427.msg62465.html#msg62465

The short answer, Scott, is use your best judgement going forward, and if there is something that has lengthy sex described in the story, or if the story itself is just about the sex scene, then we are asking you to help us meet our advertiser's standards by hosting it and linking it.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Dagi

« Reply #2755 on: November 26, 2007, 04:25:31 pm »
Dagi, please!  I hope you'll change your mind about writing.  And please, no more talk about leaving.  Hey, I'm a bit gun shy about writing, as well, but I enjoy it too much to give up.  I understand your decision, but I'm hoping with time you'll change your mind.  At least you'll be here reading and commenting, which means a lot to me!

I've not yet made up my mind. I think I'll stay to read and comment, and I thank you for writing, Marie.  :)

Dagi

moremojo

« Reply #2756 on: November 26, 2007, 07:12:36 pm »
After  having read the revised 'Welcome from the New FanFiction Moderators'...:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3427.0.html

...there seems to be no point in continuing on with this thread, at least as it was originally envisioned, as the thread's very nature (each story, theoretically, involving Jack and Ennis together in a sexual and/or romantic scenario) seems to be in opposition to the currently stated rules. One could still submit stories elsewhere in cyberspace, and provide the links in this thread, but that somehow seems redundant and even downright silly to me personally (don't mean to discourage anyone else from doing so).

How can we even discuss the graphic incidents in the original story and film, let alone let our imaginations wander anew onto unmapped and idiosyncratic sensual paths? I suppose the thread can remain as it is (along with the archived version), but I for one see no other option but to bow out, as gracefully as possible, as a continuing and active contributor of new stories.

It was fun while it lasted...and I hope no friendship has been ruptured over the heat and hurt of recent events.

Peace to everyone,
Erstwhile author Scott

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (23)
« Reply #2757 on: November 27, 2007, 12:19:27 am »
I think Ennis would bring out the mother in all of us.  Lovely honey!

Susie

Thanks for your comments, Susiebaby.  You have quite a few chapters to go, honey!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2758 on: November 27, 2007, 12:27:33 am »
After  having read the revised 'Welcome from the New FanFiction Moderators'...:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3427.0.html

...there seems to be no point in continuing on with this thread, at least as it was originally envisioned, as the thread's very nature (each story, theoretically, involving Jack and Ennis together in a sexual and/or romantic scenario) seems to be in opposition to the currently stated rules. One could still submit stories elsewhere in cyberspace, and provide the links in this thread, but that somehow seems redundant and even downright silly to me personally (don't mean to discourage anyone else from doing so).

How can we even discuss the graphic incidents in the original story and film, let alone let our imaginations wander anew onto unmapped and idiosyncratic sensual paths? I suppose the thread can remain as it is (along with the archived version), but I for one see no other option but to bow out, as gracefully as possible, as a continuing and active contributor of new stories.

It was fun while it lasted...and I hope no friendship has been ruptured over the heat and hurt of recent events.

Peace to everyone,
Erstwhile author Scott

Scott, I read the guidelines and the way I see it, we're not to post stories that are ponographic in nature PWP.  I believe we can write stories of a romantic nature.  Am I right? If so, won't you reconsider and write something for us?  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

I'm Losing Him?
« Reply #2759 on: November 27, 2007, 01:00:58 am »
I'm Losing Him? By Littlewing1957

Jack watched Ennis drive away.  He looked at his bare hands and wondered how much longer he could continue on with the relationship.  He was not an old man, but 16 years of meeting secretly without hope of anything tangible, solid, was dissolving him from the inside out.  Jack thought he was looking older than his years, and for the first time in many years thought he deserved better.

Ennis drove away from Jack Twist and didn't look back.  Ennis prided himself on knowing his friend, and something about the way Jack behaved disturbed him.  They fought many times over the years, but this time Ennis felt a falling away: a distance, a gulf widening between them.  It frightened him.  “I can’t be losing him!”  Ennis thought as he looked in the rear view mirror.  He wanted to catch one last glimpse of his bud, but Jack was nowhere in sight.  “If I had any courage I would turn right back around and make things right.”  But Ennis knew he would never turn his truck around and intercept Jack.  What will be will be.

Jack drove back to Texas in turmoil.  What to do?  He could always meet Ennis again in November---November—not August, and carry on as though everything was just fine.  Or he could reach out to someone else; someone he didn’t love, but who was willing and accessible.  Jack listened to his favorite Willie Nelson tape to ease his journey home.  He vowed right then and there that if he survived, he would make a change.