Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170805 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2780 on: November 29, 2007, 01:01:23 am »
Hi cwby30, I hope that with the understanding of our contractual relationship with our advertisers you will review the revised guidelines of the forum and host any mature content on Livejournal or Divshare - all stories of all levels of maturity are welcome, but the more mature material please link from an external site.  Thank you for your understanding.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2781 on: November 29, 2007, 01:08:55 am »
Hey there Miss LauraGigs! Ain't seen you around these parts in a long time. How ya been?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Inappropriate, redux
« Reply #2782 on: November 29, 2007, 02:06:16 am »
Evenin', Gary.

Well, guess I can do that, like they do in threads devoted to a particular story or author's stories.  Still, it takes away from this thread, to a degree.  And one person's graphic is another person's NC-17. 

Maybe I'll write something about beaches, like Marl did with The Journey, but more along the lines of From Here to Eternity ["From Jack to Eternity"].  Now that would be a challenge.  Hmmm.  Hawaii, a deserted beach, two soldiers on leave, one on the Air Station staff the other an airplane mechanic, finding a friend where none expected, a tent on the beach, campfire in the sand, whiskey, moonlight, crashing waves of passion, heat from more than the topical weather, awakened by the attack, war, forced apart to fight the war, meeting again on that same beach four years later, love rekindled, staying in Hawaii, starting an inter-island air charter service... Hmmm...

Thanks again.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2783 on: November 29, 2007, 02:11:04 am »
From Here to Eternity ["From Jack to Eternity"].  Now that would be a challenge.  Hmmm.  Hawaii, a deserted beach, two soldiers on leave, one on the Air Station staff the other an airplane mechanic, finding a friend where none expected, a tent on the beach, campfire in the sand, whiskey, moonlight, crashing waves of passion, heat from more than the topical weather, awakened by the attack, war, forced apart to fight the war, meeting again on that same beach four years later, love rekindled, staying in Hawaii, starting an inter-island air charter service... Hmmm...

Sounds great! Post it, we'll read it...
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Inappropriate
« Reply #2784 on: November 29, 2007, 03:19:33 am »
Evenin', ya'll.

Well, now, "if you post it they will read."  Guess I've gone and done it again.  Can't promise anything soon; have to post in Circle JE Ranch first, but after that... Hmmmm.  This idea's got me good.

Thanks again... I think.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right
« Reply #2785 on: November 29, 2007, 08:49:54 pm »
Afternoon, folks.

Well, not to be pushy, but now that we've had time to take a breath [and I did read the revised Rules and know the score now, and will abide by them], I hope our indomitable authors toycoon and littlewing1957 will be able to pick up their great story and continue on.  Would be a shame not to.  Besides, I like it.  According to my notes, it's toycoon's turn to let us know what happened when Jack led Ennis back into the house from the basement. 

Pushy, pushy, I know.  If it would help, I can offer a personal recipe for a great cocktail variation on a Cosmopolitan. 

Thanks again. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: I'm Losing Him?
« Reply #2786 on: November 29, 2007, 10:58:48 pm »
Thank you, Littlewing.  I know I can always count on you.

Hey, I've not been paying much attention to IMDb, but I was told today that you've not been posting over there very much because that troll has latched onto you and attacks everything you say.  I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with that guy.  I wish I knew of a way to get him off your back.

Don't take what he says to heart.  There really is something wrong with him.

Gary

Thanks, Gary.  I've noticed that the particular troll is sort of behaving himself (sort of) and I feel led to start posting again.  I've posted a few things these past few days.  I really appreciate your encouragement.  Gary I must tell you: I just got home from a very exhausting day at work only to have a sick child to take care of.  And ss soon as I hit the door my mom tells me a childhood friend who lives around the corner just found her mom dead.  I can't deal with much more.  But then I read your sweet message and I'm lifted.  You have made by night!  I love you Gary.  You're good for me and I'll always cherish the day you came into my life!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (45)
« Reply #2787 on: November 29, 2007, 10:59:42 pm »
You're so sweet, Littlewing.  You know, I've never been called a sugarboo or a chippermonkey before.   ;D

Gary

:laugh:  :laugh: Believe me, they're affectionate terms!  :laugh:

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2788 on: November 29, 2007, 11:02:00 pm »
Evenin', Gary.

Maybe I'll write something about beaches, like Marl did with The Journey, but more along the lines of From Here to Eternity ["From Jack to Eternity"].  Now that would be a challenge.  Hmmm.  Hawaii, a deserted beach, two soldiers on leave, one on the Air Station staff the other an airplane mechanic, finding a friend where none expected, a tent on the beach, campfire in the sand, whiskey, moonlight, crashing waves of passion, heat from more than the topical weather, awakened by the attack, war, forced apart to fight the war, meeting again on that same beach four years later, love rekindled, staying in Hawaii, starting an inter-island air charter service... Hmmm...

Thanks again.

Well, I, for one, would love to read something like this!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right
« Reply #2789 on: November 29, 2007, 11:05:07 pm »
Afternoon, folks.

Well, not to be pushy, but now that we've had time to take a breath [and I did read the revised Rules and know the score now, and will abide by them], I hope our indomitable authors toycoon and littlewing1957 will be able to pick up their great story and continue on.  Would be a shame not to.  Besides, I like it.  According to my notes, it's toycoon's turn to let us know what happened when Jack led Ennis back into the house from the basement. 

Pushy, pushy, I know.  If it would help, I can offer a personal recipe for a great cocktail variation on a Cosmopolitan. 

Thanks again. 

We're not done.  I'm so glad you like the series.  I'm sure Toycoon will post an installment very soon.  I really appreciate your encouragement and your support.