Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170470 times)

Dagi

Re: I'm in Love
« Reply #2810 on: December 01, 2007, 01:01:52 pm »
Dagi, you're so sweet to me.  Thanks so much!

Marie, you are welcome. You are more than sweet to us.

Dagi

Re: Right (47)
« Reply #2811 on: December 01, 2007, 01:09:48 pm »
Right (47) By Littlewing1957

Hard to bear. But sadly that´s the way it often goes, isn´t it? I can only hope OMT trries to make up for it by letting Jack and Ennis lieve their life their own way.

Dagi

Dagi

Right 48
« Reply #2812 on: December 01, 2007, 01:11:25 pm »
Chapter 48! Wow, you two are great. Who would have thought where you are going to with this. Thanks so much for writing and continuing the story!

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Right (49)
« Reply #2813 on: December 01, 2007, 10:33:12 pm »
Right (49) By Littlewing1957

Roberta Twist moved around her spare but clean kitchen, wondering where she put the rosemary.  She planned to bake a capon for dinner that night, and knew just how much Jack liked rosemary on his bird.  Mrs. Twist had to take a seat when she thought about her son.  She was delighted to see the change in him: no more gloomy moods, few silences.  And she had to attribute his happiness to Ennis Del Mar.  There was no other explanation.  She hoped that Ennis would see fit to stay for a long while.  Not just for Jack’s sake, or for her sake, and certainly not to whip the ranch into shape.  Mrs. Twist wanted to help the young man she was beginning to love like her own son.

Roberta remembered the first day she held her newborn son in her arms.  She was weak and sore from childbirth, but couldn’t wait to cuddle her baby.  John was holding him, and studied his face intently.  If Roberta didn’t know better, she would have thought that John wanted to make sure that Jack was really his.  “A pretty boy, ain’t he?”  Roberta asked her husband, but was instantly sorry she used the word “pretty.”  John Twist didn’t react, but simply nodded his head and handed the baby to his wife.  “I think he’ll make something of himself, John!”  Roberta cooed as she kissed Jack’s tiny cheek.  “Just you wait—I think we got ourselves a doctor or a lawyer on our hands!”  John was silent.  He walked over to the window of the ward and looked out the window.

Roberta hadn’t abandoned her hopes for Jack.  In her way of thinking, he still had time to continue his education and become that doctor or lawyer or engineer.  And just as she imagined a more mature Jack sitting behind an expensive, outsized desk, reading over a patient's chart, Mrs. Twist heard a pounding, a breaking of what sounded like dry rotted wood.  She rushed over to the kitchen window and saw her husband taking a hammer to the barn.  Mrs. Twist watched, fascinated, as John battered the barn with a sort of anger she didn't know he possessed.  She couldn’t remember the last time she saw her husband so passionate.  His almost violent resolve frightened her a bit.  Roberta wasn’t sorry that that old barn was coming down.  To her it signaled a new beginning!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right 48
« Reply #2814 on: December 02, 2007, 12:06:50 am »
Chapter 48! Wow, you two are great. Who would have thought where you are going to with this. Thanks so much for writing and continuing the story!

Dagi

Thank you so much, Miss Dagi. I'm having a great time exploring their world. It's very exciting!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2815 on: December 02, 2007, 01:58:31 pm »
Hi there Toycoon and Littlewing,

I love the new barn idea.  I think it suggests new hope, and a new beginning for the whole family.  Let's hope it works out that way.  I also liked the image of Jack lighting both of their cigarettes while driving along in the truck.  I know cigarettes are really bad for you.  (One of the reasons my mother was unable to get over her pneumonia while undergoing treatment for breast cancer was because she had been a heavy smoker for years.  And my father's heart condition may have been brought on in part by smoking.)  But I watched a lot of old movies from the 40's on TV, and since they weren't allowed to show anything, lighting someone else's cigarette indicated intimacy.  And so that's what it will always mean to me.

Can't wait to find out what happens next.

Gary

Stay tuned, Gary!  I have a few surprises, and a bit of intrigue in store!

Dagi

« Reply #2816 on: December 02, 2007, 02:46:38 pm »
I can't wait! You are so good to us! What would we do without you two?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2817 on: December 02, 2007, 11:06:28 pm »
I can't wait! You are so good to us! What would we do without you two?

Dagi, you're so very sweet!  :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: I'm in Love
« Reply #2818 on: December 02, 2007, 11:07:14 pm »
Very touching story  littlewing ... I wonder who Ennis is in love with ... or perhaps this is one of our alternate universes where Jack is still alive, and the blue birds sing and there's a whiskey spring....

Susie

Thanks, Susie.  It is definitely an AU piece.  Jack is alive and well and being very good to Ennis!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: I'm Losing Him?
« Reply #2819 on: December 02, 2007, 11:09:17 pm »
Hey sweetie, :-*

Gosh you've been through a lot .... and I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's mum.

I hope you're feeling better now, and I hope mini-littlewing is well on the road to recovery.  Here's a nice hot cuppa from across the pond ... it'll work wonders!! ;D

Love Susie  

Awww, Susie, you don't know how much this means to me.  Maria loves tea.  And I love you.  Thanks so much, sweetie!

Things are looking up...a bit!