Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170342 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Right (51)
« Reply #2830 on: December 04, 2007, 10:49:49 pm »
Right (51) By Littlewing1957

Ennis would have loved to continue the horseplay, but he was beginning to feel the chill of the creek’s icy waters, and decided that they should get out and continue on to the ranch.  “C’mon Jack,” Ennis began as he headed toward the Creek’s edge.  “We better get out of this freezing water before we come down with pneumonia!”  Jack’s expression was one of exaggerated disappointment.  “But I wanna play a bit more!” Jack pouted as he followed Ennis out.  “Listen bud,” Ennis began, “We need to get this wood back to the ranch and get a lot of rest for the big job tomorrow.”  Ennis climbed out of the frigid waters and reached for his clothes.  Jack was already half dressed as Ennis continued, “I want to do a good job for your pa.  Who knows? He just may keep me on for awhile with pay.”  Jack chuckled.  “Oh don’t worry about the pay, Friend!” He whispered.  “You’ll be paid in money, as well as other ways!”  Jack gave Ennis a naughty wink, and his meaning wasn’t lost on Ennis.  Ennis became silent.  He longed for Jack’s touch, but couldn’t think of a way for them to be together.  Jack must have read his mind.  “If you want me, just send me a signal, Friend.”  Jack stated gently.  “I know where you are.  All I have to do is wait till my parents are asleep, and I’ll sneak down to you!”  Ennis, fully dressed now, looked around, and satisfied that they were alone, favored Jack with a tiny kiss on the cheek.  Jack smiled and followed Ennis back up to the truck.

But they weren’t alone!  Alan Sims, Jack’s childhood friend, was hiding some 30 feet away from the creek, crouched behind a tree trunk.  And Alan saw everything! Alan remembered being in Jack’s room that fateful day when Jack climbed up and lay right on top of him.  It was not the first time that they were intimate.  Oh, they never had sex – they were much too young for that.  Neither knew the first thing about making love, but when Jack suggested that they lay together, that they experiment, Alan was more than ready.  He was taken with Jack the first moment he saw him on the playground during recess.  Alan couldn’t understand what he was feeling when he watched Jack play ball with the other kids.  And when Jack happened to look up one day and held him in his blue eyed stare, Alan began to feel stirrings that he couldn’t control, nor understand.  He noticed a flush creeping on Jack’s cheek as they locked eyes.    One day during lunch Alan was seated, finishing his peanut butter and jelly sandwich, when he noticed a figure standing right next to him.  It was Jack.  Jack was so cute and shy as he invited Alan to play ball.  After Alan accepted, the two were inseparable.  That is, until Old Man Twist saw the two of them lying together that afternoon.  Alan would never forget his humiliation at seeing Jack pulled off of him as though he had the plague.  And being sent home with orders to stay away from Jack?  Alan never got over it.  He and Jack managed to see each other at recess and lunch, but they never found a way to be together after school.  Time passed and Alan left Lightning Flat to go to Junior College up in Cody.  He studied accounting, and landed a good job with an accounting firm in the City.   He made it a point to visit his parents from time-to-time, but other than visits to see family, Alan couldn’t find a reason to visit Lightning Flat.  That is, until now!

Alan thought about the time, about a week ago, when he was leaving his mom's house and drove down the main road.  He saw Jack Twist in his truck with a young man he didn’t recognize.  He followed them to Jack’s tree house at a safe distance.  Alan parked, undetected, and watched as Jack led the attractive young man up to the fort.  Alan remembered spending time with Jack at the retreat, and while nothing physical happened, he instantly knew that Jack and his friend were not up there playing chess.  Alan couldn’t believe that after all those years he still wanted Jack.  He was also sure that if given the chance, Jack would want him, as well.  Alan knew he had to bide his time, watch and be wary.  It was painful for him to see Jack and that other fella together, but in time, he would be able to make his move.  Jack would be his!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 11:10:50 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right 51
« Reply #2831 on: December 05, 2007, 01:44:26 am »
Evenin'.

Well, day-um, wouldn't you know, Alan's back in town.  Don't like his infatuation with Jack; he never got a life. Here comes trouble, with a capital T, that rhymes with C, and that stands for Can't hardly stand it!!

Thanks again.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right (51)
« Reply #2832 on: December 05, 2007, 02:05:19 am »
It was painful for him to see Jack and that other fella together, but in time, he would be able to make his move.  Jack would be his!

Uh oh, the plot thickens! Nice to have you back, Littlewing.
I hope you're feeling better (or at least comfortably numb on medication!).
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

« Reply #2833 on: December 05, 2007, 05:53:16 am »
Right (51) By Littlewing1957

Ennis would have loved to continue the horseplay, but he was beginning to feel the chill of the creek’s icy waters, and decided that they should get out and continue on to the ranch.  “C’mon Jack,” Ennis began as he headed toward the Creek’s edge.  “We better get out of this freezing water before we come down with pneumonia!”  Jack’s expression was one of exaggerated disappointment.  “But I wanna play a bit more!” Jack pouted as he followed Ennis out.  “Listen bud,” Ennis began, “We need to get this wood back to the ranch and get a lot of rest for the big job tomorrow.”  Ennis climbed out of the frigid waters and reached for his clothes.  Jack was already half dressed as Ennis continued, “I want to do a good job for your pa.  Who knows? He just may keep me on for awhile with pay.”  Jack chuckled.  “Oh don’t worry about the pay, Friend!” He whispered.  “You’ll be paid in money, as well as other ways!”  Jack gave Ennis a naughty wink, and his meaning wasn’t lost on Ennis.  Ennis became silent.  He longed for Jack’s touch, but couldn’t think of a way for them to be together.  Jack must have read his mind.  “If you want me, just send me a signal, Friend.”  Jack stated gently.  “I know where you are.  All I have to do is wait till my parents are asleep, and I’ll sneak down to you!”  Ennis, fully dressed now, looked around, and satisfied that they were alone, favored Jack with a tiny kiss on the cheek.  Jack smiled and followed Ennis back up to the truck.

But they weren’t alone!  Alan Sims, Jack’s childhood friend, was hiding some 30 feet away from the creek, crouched behind a tree trunk.  And Alan saw everything! Alan remembered being in Jack’s room that fateful day when Jack climbed up and lay right on top of him.  It was not the first time they were intimate.  Oh, they never had sex – they were much too young for that.  Neither knew the first thing about making love, but when Jack suggested they lay together, that they experiment, Alan was more than ready.  He was taken with Jack the first moment he saw him on the playground during recess.  Alan couldn’t understand what he was feeling when he watched Jack play ball with the other kids.  And when Jack happened to look up one day and held him in his blue eyed stare, Alan began to feel stirrings that he couldn’t control, nor understand.  He noticed a flush creeping on Jack’s cheek as they locked eyes.    One day during lunch Alan was seated, finishing his peanut butter and jelly sandwich, when he noticed a figure standing right next to him.  It was Jack.  Jack was so cute and shy as he invited Alan to play ball.  After Alan accepted, the two were inseparable.  That is, until Old Man Twist saw the two of them lying together that afternoon.  Alan would never forget his humiliation at seeing Jack pulled off of him as though he had the plague.  And being sent home with orders to stay away from Jack?  Alan never got over it.  He and Jack managed to see each other at recess and lunch, but they never found a way to be together after school.  Time passed and Alan left Lightning Flat to go to Junior College up in Cody.  He studied accounting, and landed a good job with an accounting firm in the City.   He made it a point to visit his parents from time-to-time, but other than visits to see family, Alan couldn’t find a reason to visit Lightning Flat.  That is, until now!

Alan thought about the time, about a week ago, when he was leaving his mom's house and drove down the main road.  He saw Jack Twist in his truck with a young man he didn’t recognize.  He followed them to Jack’s tree house at a safe distance.  Alan parked, undetected, and watched as Jack led the attractive young man up to the fort.  Alan remembered spending time with Jack at the retreat, and while nothing physical happened, he instantly knew that Jack and his friend were not up there playing chess.  Alan couldn’t believe that after all those years he still wanted Jack.  He was also sure that if given the chance, Jack would want him, as well.  Alan knew he had to bide his time, watch and be wary.  It was painful for him to see Jack and that other fella together, but in time, he would be able to make his move.  Jack would be his!

Littlewing, are you feeling better? What a sensual continuation. I understand Alan so well. When you have fallen in love with Jack, how could that ever wear off? As Toycoon says, the plot thickens! Can´t wait for more!
Dagi :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right 51
« Reply #2834 on: December 05, 2007, 07:45:37 pm »
Evenin'.

Well, day-um, wouldn't you know, Alan's back in town.  Don't like his infatuation with Jack; he never got a life. Here comes trouble, with a capital T, that rhymes with C, and that stands for Can't hardly stand it!!

Thanks again.

Thanks for your kind words, Babe!  Stay with us!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2835 on: December 05, 2007, 07:48:35 pm »
Uh oh, the plot thickens! Nice to have you back, Littlewing.
I hope you're feeling better (or at least comfortably numb on medication!).

I'm feeling a bit better.  Thanks, Babe.  It seems nothing can keep me away from my friends, and I can't be stopped when it comes to Ennis and Jack.  I swear--I can be in a coma but I'll have my laptop in intensive care with me, with this page, this site up.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2836 on: December 05, 2007, 10:31:34 pm »
Beautiful addition to the story littlewing.  But alas ... poor Alan, I can see yet another BBM broken heart!

Susie  :)

ps.  glad to hear you're a little better ... :-* :-*

Thanks, Susie!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Out of the Mouth of Old people
« Reply #2837 on: December 07, 2007, 12:13:29 am »
Out of the Mouth of Old People by Littlewing1957

A Lightning Flat Christmas Slice of Life

Ennis walked over to the side of an elderly man.  Ennis noticed his rheumy eyes following him, and he decided to say hello.  Ennis never visited a rest home before he decided to join Jack in Lightening Flat, and what he saw unsettled him.  The home was well run, moderately clean, and best of all, it was not overcrowded.  Still, Ennis was unprepared for the stale scent of old people, vegetative young people, antiseptic, and the stifling air of loneliness. Jack’s mother, Roberta Twist, was a special Christian lady who volunteered at the Silver View Rest home at least twice a month.  Jack insisted on accompanying his mother on her visits to the home, and this time, he asked Ennis to go along.  Ennis agreed.

It was December 12, and Roberta had Jack stop the truck at the Woolworth’s thrift store in town.  Ennis waited in the truck as Mrs. Twist and Jack ran into Woolworth’s and purchased streamers, Xmas tree decorations, poinsettia plants and wreaths to decorate the home.  Ennis helped the pair place the goods in the back of the truck for the trip to the Silver View Rest Home.  Mrs. Twist walked into the home and had Jack and Ennis arrange the Xmas fixings on the table in the rec room.  There was already a good sized Douglas fir in the corner of the room.  It was partially furnished, and already looked very festive.  Ennis helped Jack remove the colorful bulbs, tiny Santas and garland that Mrs. Twist bought to finish off the tree.  Once Ennis and Jack got to work on the 9’ tall Douglas fir, they were joined by a few of Silver View’s residents.  Ennis and Jack handed decorations to an elderly man and a younger woman, both wearing bathrobes, and both very eager to help the attractive young men decorate the tree.  Roberta was having fun hanging wreaths on the doors of the recreation room.  She, too, had help from a few of the residents.  Ennis stood back and admired his handiwork, and placed a hand on Jack’s shoulder.  “I’m glad I came, Bud!”  Ennis began.  “This is very rewarding.  Thanks for inviting me.”  Jack smiled and patted his friend’s hand.  Just then, Ennis noticed an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair at the door of the rec room.  He was smiling at Ennis and Jack, his eyes twinkling.  Ennis nodded at the old man and smiled back.  He was about to go over and wheel him in when the director of the Silver View Rest Home entered from the side door and made an announcement.

“We are very fortunate this evening to be entertained by Lightning Flat High School’s choir.  Please join us in 15 minutes in the Chapel, where we’ll be treated to Xmas carols.  Afterwards, we’ll come back here for refreshments.”

Mrs. Twist asked Ennis and Jack to help the less mobile residents to the chapel.  When everyone was seated, Lightning Flat High School’s Music Director took the pulpit.

“Ladies and Gentleman,” she began, “It is my pleasure to introduce to you Lightning Flat High School choir.  I think you’ll like our medley of holiday standards.”

Ennis and Jack, Roberta Twist and the Home’s attendants were offered the front pews.  The applause was thunderous as the youngsters took the choir stand, resplendent in gold choir robes. 

And the choir sang.  Jack and Ennis hummed along to “God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman,” while Mrs. Twist couldn’t contain her excitement when she heard “Jesus, Jesus, O What a Wonderful Child!”   But there was not a dry eye in the house when the teenagers ended with a moving rendition of “Silent Night.”  Ennis looked at the Home’s staff and saw most of the women were crying silently.  He knew that even if he lived to be 100 he would never forget those tear streaked faces.

Refreshments in the rec room consisted of chocolate cake, cookies, finger sandwiches and fruit punch.  Ennis looked on, approvingly, as the members of Lightning Flat’s choir mingled with, and entertained the residents of Silver View Rest Home.  Jack was laughing and talking with a few elderly women, when he noticed the same old man who eyed him earlier.  He was sitting all alone in his wheelchair with a plate of cookies on his withered, blanket covered knee.  Ennis placed his Styrofoam cup of punch down on a table and walked over to the old man.  Ennis squatted down to eye level and smiled at the elderly gentleman.  He reached a hand out to the man, who grasped it in a firm handshake.

“Ennis, Ennis Del Mar!”

“Jasper Mims!” The old man offered politely. “You’re new here?” Jasper asked Ennis.  “I know Roberta and Jack, but I’ve never seen you before.”  Ennis smiled.

“I just got in last week.  I’m here to visit Jack and help his family around the ranch.”  Jasper smiled and coughed a bit.  Ennis steadied the plate of cookies on the old man's knee until the fit subsided.

“Look, Ennis,” Jasper began as he wiped the back of his liver spotted hand across his mouth.  “I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but this is important.”

“What is it, Mr. Mims?”  Ennis asked, puzzled that the old man would give him advice.  Jasper coughed once again before continuing.

“I know all about Jack,” Jasper wheezed.  “Oh, nothing I’m absolutely sure about, but this is a small town and word gets around.”  Ennis wasn’t sure he liked what he was hearing, but he was silent and allowed the old man to continue.

“I see how Jack looks at you, and I saw how you looked at him!”  Another cough.

“Look, perhaps the two of you can’t be happy here.  But I’m tellin’ you to go somewhere you can be happy.  You see, I’m like you, and there was someone special in my life.  But I let my fear get the better of me, and I lost him."  Jasper looked Ennis straight in his hazel eyes.

"I don’t want to see that happen to you, or Jack.”

Ennis couldn’t help but feel embarrassed, but he knew that it was pointless to tell Jasper that he was mistaken about him and Jack.

“Wherever you find love, take it!”  Jasper continued.  “It is worth the risk.  And even if you end up old, alone and in a rest home like me, at least you can say you claimed love.  There is nothing more important, young man!”  Ennis was about to answer when an attendant walked over to Mr. Mims and placed both hands on the handles of his wheelchair.

“There you are, Mr. Mims!” The young woman said.  “C’mon, let me take you in and give you your medication.  Say goodbye to the young man.”  Jasper Mims shook Ennis’ hand and winked at him. 

“Come back and see me sometimes, Ennis!” Jasper smiled before he was spirited away.  Ennis nodded and allowed Jasper to be wheeled out of the room.

Ennis sighed and looked over the crowd for Jack and Mrs. Twist.  He found them over by the tree talking to what looked like an orderly.  Ennis joined them and placed a friendly arm over Jack’s shoulder.  He looked into his lover’s eyes and smiled when he noticed a mixture of shock and delight in the pools of blue.  He made a decision to visit Mr. Mims.  He would come before Christmas Eve, bearing gifts.

Ennis and Jack Ennis and Jack Ennis and Jack Ennis and Jack Ennis and Jack Ennis and Jack Ennis and Jack Ennis and Jack Ennis and Jack Ennis and Jack

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Out of the Mouth of Old people
« Reply #2838 on: December 07, 2007, 10:51:08 am »
Ennis couldn't’t help but feel embarrassed, but he knew that it was pointless to tell Jasper that he was mistaken about him and Jack.

Stellar story, Lilttlewing! I'm glad to see you're feeling better. Take of yourself and don't overexert.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2839 on: December 07, 2007, 10:59:25 am »
“Wherever you find love, take it!”  Jasper continued.  “It is worth the risk.  And even if you end up old, alone and in a rest home like me, at least you can say you claimed love.  There is nothing more important, young man!”

Thanks for this touching story, Marie. How good to see that you are doing better!  :D I often thought of you. I'll send you a PM tonight, maybe we can talk a little about our Christmas plans. ;D

Dagi  :-*