Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170250 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Ultimate Gift
« Reply #2930 on: December 22, 2007, 09:41:52 pm »

Awwwww littlewing, I can't believe I missed this one ... what a charming little tale ... just beautiful.  :-*

Susie  :)

Thanks, Susiebaby!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: The Ultimate Gift
« Reply #2931 on: December 22, 2007, 09:43:00 pm »
Oh if only he would have done it, if only.  :(

Dagi

I know, Dagi...I know!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: A Christmas Reunion
« Reply #2932 on: December 22, 2007, 09:55:22 pm »
Merry Christmas to my fellow fanfic writers.

A Christmas Reunion – by garycottle

Gary, this is deep!  And the middle and ending is so masterfully written that I found it difficult to read.  The "surrender" of Daniel was so tender that I felt like an intruder.  And when he forgave Tyler, but admitted that some things had changed and would never be the same--well--that was so believable, so spot on.  The decisions we make in this life have consquences, and even though we forgive (our love is no greater than our forgiveness) there are some things that we can't forget.  Exceptional, Gary.  Thanks so much for this!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2933 on: December 22, 2007, 09:56:55 pm »
Poor Graham!! Not even one forgiveness??  :P You are just like my cousin -- she says that because she knows her husband would never do it!  ;)

All you kids writing Christmas stories -- good job!  :)

Hey, Shasta!  I'm glad you're enjoying our Xmas stories.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #2934 on: December 22, 2007, 09:59:04 pm »

:laugh: Hark at me talking about them as though they're real people .... but they do feel so real to me!! :)

They seem real to me, too!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Merry Christmas Jack
« Reply #2935 on: December 22, 2007, 09:59:55 pm »
Aww littlewing ... you always say the nicest things!!  :-* :-* :-*

Susie   :D

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Baby's First Christmas
« Reply #2936 on: December 22, 2007, 10:29:40 pm »
Baby's First Christmas By Littlewing1957

Extreme AU, A Brokeback Mountain Slice of Life

“Oh let her be, Jack,” Ennis laughed as Jack ran after Indigo.  Jack lit out after her when she scooped up a handful of glass ornaments that were left under the tree.

“But she may cut herself,” Jack exclaimed as he caught his daughter and hoisted her up.

He gently reached for the colorful Christmas balls, but Indigo pulled back in mock defiance.  Jack laughed and kissed her red cheek.  He placed her on the shag carpeted floor and led her by her plump hand to the tree.

“That’s right,” Ennis began. “Let the baby help decorate the tree.”  Jack smiled at Indigo as he helped her place the ornaments on a low hung branch.  He produced a special ornament and beamed as Indigo hung it in a place of honor on their 9 foot tree.  Ennis looked on, so happy he thought he would burst.  If the sweet life were any sweeter, he would die from sugar shock!

Yesterday Ennis and Jack drove Indigo over to Alma Jr’s so they could shop for her presents.  Indigo wanted to go along, and even cried out when Jack and Ennis closed Alma Jr.’s door behind them.  But Daddy Jack and Daddy Ennis needed some time alone to pick out toys, clothes, and even have a leisurely lunch.  Alma Jr. told them to take all the time they needed.  She was prepared to watch her baby sister all day, if need be.  The first stop was Toys-R-Us.  It was a newfangled store carrying nothing but toys.  Ennis and Jack entered the toy wonderland and were sort of overwhelmed.  Where to begin?  Jack suggested they pick up a few baby dolls, then go on and purchase several stuffed animals.  Ennis selected a brunette doll that came equipped with blankets, toy bottle, even a comb and brush.

“She should like this,” Jack offered as he admired his husband’s choice.  Jack picked out a fashion doll, but Ennis asked him to put it back on the shelf.

“Too old for her,” he’d said.  Jack shrugged and replaced the doll.

“Whatever you say, En.”

The stuffed animals were located next to the dolls.  Ennis picked out a plush, brown and crème stripped toy horse.  It was Jack’s time to object.

“Not that one, although I’m not surprised you want Indigo to have a horse,” he began.

Ennis chuckled softly and placed the horse back on the shelf.

“What, darlin’, you don’t like horses?” Ennis laughed as he looked Jack straight in his laughing blue eyes.

“I like ‘em fine, but here, why don’t we get her a few teddy bears and a panda bear? I think that’s all she needs.”

Ennis nodded and helped Jack find teddy bears: 2 medium sized and one so big they wondered how they would ever get it in the truck.  The salesgirl eyed Ennis and Jack as they paid for the toys.

“Toys for your kids?” She asked excitedly. “You got some good stuff here.  Some child is going to be very happy this Christmas.”

“Yeah, we’re buying for our daughter,” Jack announced proudly.  Ennis flinched a bit, but relaxed as the salesgirl’s face broke into a wide smile.

“Well, your daughter is one lucky girl to have 2 such good daddies,” She commented. The purchases all rung up, paid for and packaged, Jack and Ennis thanked the salesgirl and moved toward the door.

“Merry Christmas!” It was the salesgirl, and she waved excitedly.

“Merry Christmas to you too!"  Jack and Ennis sang in unison.

They left the store and headed to the The Rustler for lunch.  Jack ordered a cobb salad with dressing on the side.  Ennis heard him order the salad and shook his head.  He hated to sit right in front of Jack and munch on a thick, juicy cheeseburger, but hell, it was Christmas.  They could always join a gym after New Years.  Jack must have discerned Ennis’ plight.

“Go on, Baby, order the cheeseburger.  You know you want to.  I would have it too, but I’m not too hungry right now.”  Ennis peeked over the menu and looked up at the waiter. 

“I’ll have the double cheeseburger with a side of fries and a diet coke.”  The waiter nodded and walked off.  Jack smiled at his husband and reached for his hand under the table.

The ride to Alma Jr’s place was uneventful.  The snow had started to melt by midday, but it posed no real problem on the roads.  Alma Jr. answered her door with a sleepy Indigo draped around her shoulder like a scarf.  Indigo shook herself awake when she saw her daddies.  Alma Jr. couldn’t hand her over to Jack fast enough.  Jack folded his child in his arms and kissed Alma Jr. on the cheek.

“Now don’t forget Christmas dinner,” Jack reminded her.  Ennis stood by Jack’s side and winked at his oldest.

“3:00 sharp, Alma,” Ennis interjected.

“I’ll be there!” Alma Jr. sang, and with that, she kissed her two dads and shut the door behind her.

Jack strapped Indigo in her safety seat for the ride home.  She fell asleep halfway to the house, and Ennis carried her in.  Jack hoisted their purchases up the steps to the house as Ennis put Indigo to bed.

Jack made a fire and beckoned for Ennis to join him.  They kneeled in front of the fireplace and Ennis pulled Jack close.  Jack placed gossamer kisses on Ennis’ chin, while Ennis ran his fingers through Jack’s thick hair.

“Merry Christmas, Baby, I love you!”  It was Jack.  His voice cracked as he looked into his husband’s moist eyes.

“I love you too,” Ennis whispered as he kissed Jack once more.

“Look, I bought something while you were paying for the stuffed animals,” Jack announced as he pulled an outsized, globe shaped Xmas ornament from a box he placed near the fireplace. 

“What’s that?” Ennis asked as Jack held the sphere up to the light.

“It’s an ornament I noticed on a display.  It says, Baby’s first Christmas.  I thought we would let Indigo do the honors when she wakes up.  You like it?”

“I love it,” Ennis whispered, tenderly. 

“And I love you too.  Come on, if we hurry, I’ll show you just how much I love you.”

Jack smiled shyly and allowed Ennis to lead him to their room, eager to receive one of his Christmas presents.

Merry Christmas everyone Merry Christmas everyone Merry Christmas everyone Merry Christmas everyone Merry Christmas everyone Merry Christmas everyone

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2937 on: December 22, 2007, 10:36:34 pm »
Thank you so much, Littlewing.  I'm glad that you liked it.  Even though it was a painful story, it felt really good being with Tyler and Daniel again.  And even though it's not all roses and sunshine at the end, they are clinging to their love for one another, and that's a good thing.

Gary

I absolutely love it, Gary.  I know Daniel and Tyler will be okay.  It seems they have something very unique.  They have a love that will never die.

Dagi

« Reply #2938 on: December 23, 2007, 09:41:10 am »
Merry Christmas to my fellow fanfic writers.

A Christmas Reunion – by garycottle

That's when Daniel began to sob.  Daniel let go of his anger, and he let the pain out, just at that moment.  He could not relax enough to let Tyler in without forgiving him first, so Daniel forgave, and he cried and whimpered as he did it.

I've missed Danny and Tyler, and I've missed your writing, and reading this I know why. What a heartbreaking story. And the way you let the two of them deal with what had happened is so genuine. Great writing, my dear.

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Baby's First Christmas
« Reply #2939 on: December 23, 2007, 09:45:00 am »
Baby's First Christmas By Littlewing1957

Aah, another Christmas treat, you are too good to us, Littlewing. I love how Jack says proudly that they are buying a present for their daughter.

Dagi