Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170104 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right 66 by Toycoon
« Reply #3030 on: January 12, 2008, 05:35:18 am »
Right 66 by Toycoon

As difficult as it was for Ennis to believe, he was back where he had been only a few weeks ago: aimless, alone and adrift. He was carrying the same paper sack with both of his shirts, his trousers and his toothbrush. Ennis really thought things were changing for the better. It seemed as though for the first time Ennis had found happiness and now it was gone as mysteriously as it had appeared. The walk back to the main road out of Lightning Flat was a long one but at least it provided Ennis with plenty of time to think about what he might do next.

Ennis stood by the road with his thumb stretched out in hopes that someone would come along and offer him a ride some where, anywhere. A few cars past him but none stopped. Ennis squinted to watch at the setting sun on the horizon, then began to walk in that direction. Maybe he could reach the next town by dusk. The cool winter wind kicked up suddenly and Ennis crossed his arms around his jacket. The feel of the wool on the sleeves was unfamiliar and Ennis remembered he was wearing the coat Jack had lent him the night before. Jack. How could Ennis have run out on Jack. He never wanted to hurt Jack but it seemed that all Ennis had done since he came to town, was to make Jack's life more complicated. He'd angered Jack's father and disrupted the entire Twist household in matter of a few days. "No wonder my sister an' brother didn't want me livin' with them," he thought sadly. He blinked back tears and wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his coat.

A light blue newer model car passed Ennis, slowed down then stopped a few yards up the road. The driver gestured to him and called out. Ennis cautiously approached the vehicle. "Ennis? Is that you?" It was Raquel, Katie's girlfriend from the shop. "I thought that was you!" she twittered. "What are you doing out here all by yourself? I was on my way home from work, you need a lift some where?" Ennis didn't know what to say. "Me? Uh, I was.. umm.."
Raquel eyed Ennis up and down. "Hop in, cowboy, I'll take you anywhere you wanna go."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:51:11 pm by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right 66
« Reply #3031 on: January 12, 2008, 02:28:41 pm »
Mornin'.

Well, dammit, Ennis is being himself, never talking to Jack about how he really feels, and then taking off without saying anything feeling lost and alone.  Dummy!!  Jack willingly gave up his so-called life on the Ranch to be with Ennis, and now Ennis leaves him adrift.  So frustrating!

Raquel, thought she'd turn up.  Hope Ennis figures her out quick, and gets back on track.  The guys should be on the road together, heading out together, trying to make a go of it together, not like this.  "Get thee hither," Ennis!

Thanks again.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right 66 by Toycoon
« Reply #3032 on: January 12, 2008, 03:06:03 pm »
Hi Toycoon.  That Ennis, what a big dummy.  He had better let Raquel take him back to Jack or I'll jerk a knot in his tail.

Hee hee! You're funny, Gary!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

Re: Right 66 by Toycoon
« Reply #3033 on: January 12, 2008, 03:10:54 pm »
Right 66 by Toycoon

As difficult as it was for Ennis to believe, he was back where he had been only a few weeks ago: aimless, alone and adrift. He was carrying the same paper sack with both of his shirts, his trousers and his toothbrush. Ennis really thought things were changing for the better. It seemed as though for the first time Ennis had found happiness and now it was gone as mysteriously as it had appeared. The walk back to the main road out of Lightning Flat was a long one but at least it provided Ennis with plenty of time to think about what he might do next.

Ennis stood by the road with his thumb stretched out in hopes that someone would come along and offer him a ride some where, anywhere. A few cars past him but none stopped. Ennis squinted to watch at the setting sun on the horizon, then began to walk in that direction. Maybe he could reach the next town by dusk. The cool winter wind kicked up suddenly and Ennis crossed his arms around his jacket. The feel of the wool on the sleeves was unfamiliar and Ennis remembered he was wearing the coat Jack had lent him the night before. Jack. How could Ennis have run out on Jack. He never wanted to hurt Jack but it seemed that all Ennis had done since he came to town, was to make Jack's life more complicated. He'd angered Jack's father and disrupted the entire Twist household in matter of a few days. "No wonder my sister an' brother didn't want me livin' with them," he thought sadly. He blinked back tears and wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his coat.

A light blue newer model car passed Ennis, slowed down then stopped a few yards up the road. The driver gestured to him and called out. Ennis cautiously approached the vehicle. "Ennis? Is that you?" It was Raquel, Katie's girlfriend from the shop. "I thought that was you!" she twittered. "What are you doing out here all by yourself? I was on my way home from work, you need a lift some where?" Ennis didn't know what to say. "Me? Uh, I was.. umm.."
Raquel eyed Ennis up and down. "Hop in, cowboy, I'll take you anywhere you wanna go."

Oh Raquel, God bless you for showing up at the right time at the right place! What were you thinking Ennis, that running away would make Jack's life any better? Thanks for continuing, guys and girls!

Dagi

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right 66
« Reply #3034 on: January 12, 2008, 03:11:43 pm »
Hope Ennis figures her out quick, and gets back on track.

Well, cwby30, you know how Ennis can be. Sometimes, he's not the brightest bulb on the string!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Right 67 By Littlewing1957
« Reply #3035 on: January 12, 2008, 09:38:32 pm »
Right 67 By Littlewing1957

“What do you say, Ennis?  Let me get you out of this weather, or come nightfall, you’ll freeze to death!” Raquel squeezed her wool coat tighter around her chest to emphasize her point.  “I don’t want to see you catch your death!”  Ennis looked at the pretty young woman.  Every instinct told him not to trust her, but what else to do?  He was alone, broke, hungry, and he certainly was cold.  Raquel waited patiently in her car, a smile fixed upon her lovely face.  Ennis observed her, and wondered how long she would wear that grin.  Raquel’s smile looked genuine, but his internal warning signals were going off like a fire alarm.  “Ennis, you coming?”  He hesitated.  Ennis knew he was being rude, but he was too confused and conflicted to answer right then.  After another moment, Raquel’s patience was beginning to wear thin.  “If you don’t want a ride, just say so and I’ll be on my way!”  Ennis looked straight into Raquel’s eyes.  Her smile was gone.  So was his steely resolve.  The cold was getting to him.  Ennis was only human.  “I’ll take a ride,” he muttered.  Raquel’s smile returned and she unlocked the doors and allowed Ennis to enter.

“You want to go get something to eat?” Raquel asked as she drove along the main road.  Ennis studied her for a split second.  She was definitely a lovely woman.  He wondered why she wasn’t married.  “Yep.” Ennis answered.  “Cool!” Raquel enthused.  I know a nice place just on the outskirts of town.  Dinner will be my treat.  You okay with that?”  Ennis hated the idea of having his meal paid for, but he was too dang hungry to argue.  He would find a way to make it up to her later.  “That sounds real good, ma’am!” Ennis added, politely.  “Call me Rocky,” Raquel stated.  “Okay…Rocky,”  He whispered.  It was settled.  Ennis sat still and enjoyed the ride to the restaurant in silence.

Greg’s place was a middle-of-the-road eatery on the outskirts of Lightning Flat.  Raquel pulled into the parking lot and fetched her purse.  The doors were unlocked, and Ennis walked over to the driver’s side and helped Rocky out.  “So gentlemanly!” She exclaimed as Ennis took her hand and pulled her from the vehicle.  Ennis blushed slightly and followed her into the restaurant.  “Ah, Raquel, how nice to see you again!”  Raquel smiled sweetly at a middle aged woman who wore a white silk shirt and black skinny pants.  A name tag that spelled out “Valerie,” was pinned to her ample chest.  “Good to see you, Val,” Raquel answered.  “Table for two?” Valerie asked, as she looked first to Rocky, then to Ennis.  Valerie’s expression was neutral.  She was accustomed to Raquel frequenting the place, and she was rarely alone.  “Yes, table for two, please.”  Valerie gathered a series of menus and led Raquel and Ennis to a table by a large picture window.  There was not much of a view – just the silent Wyoming plains barely dusted with snow.  Raquel studied the offerings, and made several suggestions of what Ennis might like.  “The veal is very good here, and I’m sure you’ll like the baked chicken breasts.”  Ennis studied the menu.  He was so hungry that the menu itself was beginning to look appetizing.  “I think I’ll start off with a Caesar salad, and I'll have the baked halibut for a main course,” Raquel spoke sweetly.  She looked expectantly at Ennis.  “What looks good, Cowboy?”  “I’ll have one of those house salads,” Ennis spoke softly.  “And then I guess I’ll have the burger and a side of fries.”  Raquel wrinkled her pretty nose.  “Oh come on, Ennis, live a little!” She laughed.  “This ain’t one of those drive-in places! You can have whatever you want!  I’m paying.”  Ennis wanted to run away.  “Okay,” He whispered.  “I’ll have the halibut.”  Raquel nodded and signaled for the waiter.  They gave their orders and watched the waiter walk away.

After the meal Ennis and Raquel walked back out to her car.  It was almost 8:00p.m. and the weather had turned very cold.  “Do you have a place to stay for the night?”  Raquel asked, almost as an afterthought.  She stopped and placed her hand on the driver’s side door and waited.  Ennis weighed his answer very carefully.  He had absolutely nowhere to lay his head.  He had no money left for a motel room, and he couldn’t very well ask Rocky to take him back to the Twist Ranch.  Ennis felt more miserable at that moment than he ever had in his short life.  How did things get so bad?  His life should be improving, not getting worse.  He felt like he was going backward, and he wasn’t really up for the trip.  Raquel waited patiently.  She somehow knew he didn’t have a place to stay, and was certain he would accompany her home.  Ennis shrugged and began to look rather old and deflated.  “Why don’t you camp out at my place tonight?  I have a sofa bed, and it’s yours if you want it.” Raquel tilted her head to the side and continued, “I promise not to take advantage of you!”  Unless you want me to!  She thought.  Ennis didn't like the sound of that, but there was really nothing else to do.  “Okay, I’ll take you up on your offer,” he said.  Ennis didn't want to accept.  He wondered what Jack would think about him spending the night at Raquel's place.  Ennis' spirit was actually with Jack at the ranch, and he tried desperately to pull his thoughts back, to put Jack and his parents out of his mind.  He was feeling enormous guilt about running out the way he did.  They must be sick with worry by now!  “Great!" Raquel exclaimed, bringing Ennis back.  C’mon, then! My little house is not far from here." Raquel's eyes twinkled.  Ennis looked away.  I’ll put on a pot of coffee, and we can get to know one another!” 

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right (67)
« Reply #3036 on: January 14, 2008, 08:01:31 pm »

Afternoon, Littlewing.

Well, just knew it, "Rocky" has her eyes on Ennis, and fancies herself getting fancy with him.  Hope he doesn't fall for that, and substitute Rocky for Alma with the same potentially disastrous results.  Yes, Jack and his mother are going out of their minds with worry, so he better get up enough gumption to call them.  He does have a place to lay his head, on Jack's shoulder anywhere but at Rocky's, he just has to realize that that's what he can have any time, all the time.  Like toycoon said before, Ennis is sometimes [?!] a bit thick about things at first, and needs to think his way through them.  Well, he better think faster than normal this time! 

Thanks again. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (67)
« Reply #3037 on: January 15, 2008, 12:13:34 am »
Afternoon, Littlewing.

Well, just knew it, "Rocky" has her eyes on Ennis, and fancies herself getting fancy with him.  Hope he doesn't fall for that, and substitute Rocky for Alma with the same potentially disastrous results.  Yes, Jack and his mother are going out of their minds with worry, so he better get up enough gumption to call them.  He does have a place to lay his head, on Jack's shoulder anywhere but at Rocky's, he just has to realize that that's what he can have any time, all the time.  Like toycoon said before, Ennis is sometimes [?!] a bit thick about things at first, and needs to think his way through them.  Well, he better think faster than normal this time! 

Thanks again. 

Thanks for your very thoughtful comments, cwby30!  I especially like this:

He does have a place to lay his head, on Jack's shoulder anywhere but at Rocky's, he just has to realize that that's what he can have any time, all the time.

This is so true!  We all hope that Ennis will make the "Right" choices this time!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right 68 by Toycoon
« Reply #3038 on: January 15, 2008, 01:19:02 am »
Right 68 by Toycoon

Indeed Raquel's home wasn't far from the restaurant at all. It was down at the end of the block and around the corner from the hardware store. They pulled up into the driveway at Raquel's house and parked. Raquel turned to Ennis and smiled, "We're here." Her voice was warm but Ennis felt a cold shiver up his spine.

They walked around to the front of the little beige house; the gate slammed shut behind them. Raquel opened the door and reached inside to switch on the lights. She stepped in and Ennis followed. The living room was nicely decorated, with gold shag carpeting and the walls painted light aqua. There was a pink, printed vinyl couch in the middle of room and several, framed pictures hanging on the wall.

Raquel instructed Ennis to make himself at home as she took off her coat, hung it in the closet and went into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee. Ennis began to look around the room at her furnishings. Everywhere he looked, there was an unusual object of art. He became fascinated by a cluster of resin grapes spilling from a gold bowl on the dining room table. His face was reflected in the globes. From the kitchen, Raquel called out, "Hey, Ennis, you wanna a drink? There's a bottle of Old Rose in the cabinet." Ennis mumbled, "OK" and went back to inspecting the centerpiece.

Raquel came out of the kitchen with a pair of lowball glasses full of ice and she set them on the bar. She took the whiskey bottle, unscrewed the cap and poured Ennis and herself, a drink. Raquel lifted her glass and said, "Let's drink a toast." Ennis raised his glass and touched it's edge to hers. "To friendship," she continued, taking a sip. Ennis took a big gulp and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Well. what do you think of my place, cowboy?" she asked proudly. "It's purty. You live here long, huh?" Ennis was not terribly good at small talk." Yeah, I've been here a few years," she said glancing around the room. Ennis shuffled over to a photograph of a shirtless, tanned Rock Hudson hanging behind the sofa. "This fella yer boyfriend?" Raquel chuckled loudly, "Oh my, no! Don't I wish!" Ennis pointed to another photo. "How 'bout this guy?" Raquel giggled. "Honey, that's Tab Hunter. He's a million miles from Wyoming! I haven't got a chance with him. What a hunk a stuff, though!" Ennis looked at Raquel puzzled. "Why do got their pitchers on yer wall?"

Raquel grabbed the bottle and her glass, moved to the couch then sat down. "A girl can dream can't she?" she sighed. Raquel patted the spot next to her on the sofa and beckoned Ennis to join her. "So tell me a little about yourself." Ennis took the seat next to her and swallowed the last of his drink. "There ain't much to tell. I was just passing through when I thought I'd visit my buddy, Jack." Raquel filled Ennis' glass then poured a dash of whiskey over the melted ice in hers. She crossed her legs at the knees and reclined against the backrest. "How do you know Jack anyway?" Ennis thought about his answer for a minute before responding. "We is fishin' buddies." She sat up now, interested in Ennis' story. "Is that right? What ya got in the sack, a fishing pole?" she teased, reaching for Ennis' paper bag, behind him on the end table. Ennis intercepted her reach and the whiskey from his glass splashed over them both. They popped up, each awkwardly trying to wipe the spilled drink off one another when their eyes meet. Raquel was an irresistibly, sexy woman and the cocktails lowered Ennis' inhibitions considerably. They began to kiss passionately as Raquel clutched Ennis' forearms and he gyrated against her. In minutes, they were naked on the pink sofa, moving together; their clothes lay in a heap on the shag carpet. Raquel closed her eyes and threw her head back, recalling the way she'd imagined this moment since the first time she'd laid eyes on the handsome stranger. All Ennis could think of was Jack.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

His Hair
« Reply #3039 on: January 15, 2008, 01:25:28 am »
His Hair by Littlewing1957

“Can I play with your hair?” At first Ennis was certain he hadn’t heard correctly.  Jack was sitting on the rug, his knees pressed against his chest.  Ennis sat in a straight-backed chair, staring down at his lover.  “What's it you want?”  Ennis asked, rather amused.  Jack smiled when he heard the mirth in Ennis’ voice. “I want to run my fingers through your hair!”

Ennis moved near Jack and sat down next to him.  “I think I’ll get up in the chair, and you can squeeze backwards between my legs," Jack whispered.  “He's  going to make a big production out of this,” Ennis mused as he followed Jack’s instructions.  Jack opened his thighs and allowed Ennis to back in.  Ennis draped both arms over Jack’s shoulders and lowered his head just a bit.  Jack very gently picked up a strand of Ennis’ hair.  He stroked his lover’s flaxen locks with a finger.  Ennis was amused, but he was also becoming aroused.  He couldn’t imagine that a simple ministration like stroking his hair could make him want to take Jack down at that very moment.  Ennis sighed and sat very still.  Jack began to massage his scalp.  Ennis thought he would cry out from the pleasure.

Jack stopped suddenly.  It was nothing major; not like making love and then pulling away.  Ennis could handle it.  But he was instantly missing Jack’s touch on his head.  He couldn’t know how much he would like a scalp massage.  Jack stood and pulled Ennis up and over his lap.  He liked the feel of his man.  He avoided Ennis’ eyes.  “I..I just like your color scheme, Cowboy,” Jack sputtered.  “I can’t keep my hands or my eyes off of you, and I’m not ashamed to admit it."  Ennis didn’t know what to say to that.  He reached for Jack’s head and placed it on his chest.  It was his turn.  Ennis stroked Jack’s dark hair and hummed.  It was only good to return the favor.