Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170339 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3080 on: January 24, 2008, 01:31:45 am »
I haven't cried over this story for a really long time. Tonight I couldn't even read the posts without tearing up, page after page. What's gonna happen now?

Nothing really has to happen.  The "Game" is still here.  The players haven't changed!  Man, I hope I'm making sense!  Maybe I should go to bed?  Nawww..

Dagi

« Reply #3081 on: January 24, 2008, 04:22:43 pm »
A big , big hug for my Jack with Ennis Family. I still feel numb, have only just begun to post some in the grieving thread, tried to push it all away. But today I could hardly think of anything else, saw the pictures of him and of his family before my inner eye all day long, even heard his voice.

The day will come when I can watch Brokeback Mountain again and be thankful for what Heath gave us with Ennis. Right now it's too painful to even think about it.

Together we will get through this! It's not the end. It's not. Heath wouldn't have wanted it either. Death doesn't make everything worthless.

{{{{Toycoon}}}}  {{{{Susie}}}}   {{{{Marie}}}}   {{{{Gary}}}}   {{{{Scott}}}}   {{{{cwby30}}}}   {{{{Spiceylife}}}}   {{{{Shasta}}}}

Dagi

moremojo

Journey's End
« Reply #3082 on: January 24, 2008, 06:34:46 pm »
Journey's End by moremojo

Strange how such grand stillness could contain this wonderful velocity, and how such velvety darkness could open up to reveal that golden, effulgent Light, which even now, as he somehow knew, was welcoming him Home...

A rush of cosmic wind swept him ever so gently towards the warmth and the lightness of a Love that he knew, in the deepest part of his heart, to be his due for simply having been true; names and obligations fell away as he drew closer to the waiting one, whose memory of blue eyes met the memory of his brown ones, and whose hands clasped his own in the bond of recognition...

Embrace...fulfillment...peace...they were no longer on the mountain, nor even on the earth, but they had found that open space to be themselves, and to know the Truth of what they had always been, forever brothers, lovers, and friends.

Dagi

« Reply #3083 on: January 24, 2008, 06:43:01 pm »
Beautiful, Scott. Thank you. In times like these I do believe we are going somewhere when we die. After all we all are part of the One, call it what ever you want.

Big hug, my friend.
Dagi

moremojo

« Reply #3084 on: January 24, 2008, 06:44:07 pm »
(((((((Dagi)))))))

moremojo

« Reply #3085 on: January 24, 2008, 07:05:59 pm »
Bless you, bud.

Dagi

« Reply #3086 on: January 24, 2008, 07:14:19 pm »
So true, Gary.

I'm sure that Heath faced many heartachs in his life, and the pain may have crippled him, but he rose up and he touched us through his art in spite of whatever personal difficulties he faced.

{{{{{{{{Heath}}}}}}}

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3087 on: January 24, 2008, 11:05:02 pm »
A big , big hug for my Jack with Ennis Family. I still feel numb, have only just begun to post some in the grieving thread, tried to push it all away. But today I could hardly think of anything else, saw the pictures of him and of his family before my inner eye all day long, even heard his voice.

The day will come when I can watch Brokeback Mountain again and be thankful for what Heath gave us with Ennis. Right now it's too painful to even think about it.

Together we will get through this! It's not the end. It's not. Heath wouldn't have wanted it either. Death doesn't make everything worthless.

{{{{Toycoon}}}}  {{{{Susie}}}}   {{{{Marie}}}}   {{{{Gary}}}}   {{{{Scott}}}}   {{{{cwby30}}}}   {{{{Spiceylife}}}}   {{{{Shasta}}}}

Dagi

Thank you Dagi. So sweet.   {{{{{{{DAGI}}}}}}}

It's weird how we all grieve differently. I DO want to see Brokeback Mountain again. I want to have all Heath's movies and keep them close and watch them and remember him as the living vibrant force that he was. I want to see Matilda as she grows up and see how much she resembles him. It's heartbreaking -- oh what could have been! But Heath was among us in the world. I am so thankful for that.

Yet -- I understand the way Toycoon and Spicey feel too. I just know that the grief process is never the same. And for some it is maybe not even a process -- it may be perpetual.

{{{{{{{{{{I love you Brokie pals}}}}}}}}}}
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Journey's End
« Reply #3088 on: January 24, 2008, 11:19:08 pm »
Journey's End by moremojo

Strange how such grand stillness could contain this wonderful velocity, and how such velvety darkness could open up to reveal that golden, effulgent Light, which even now, as he somehow knew, was welcoming him Home...

A rush of cosmic wind swept him ever so gently towards the warmth and the lightness of a Love that he knew, in the deepest part of his heart, to be his due for simply having been true; names and obligations fell away as he drew closer to the waiting one, whose memory of blue eyes met the memory of his brown ones, and whose hands clasped his own in the bond of recognition...

Embrace...fulfillment...peace...they were no longer on the mountain, nor even on the earth, but they had found that open space to be themselves, and to know the Truth of what they had always been, forever brothers, lovers, and friends.

Brilliant, moremojo!  This is perhaps the most moving thing I've ever read, and I thank you for writing and posting it.  I'm going to continue to write.  I think I owe it to Heath and to all of us to keep on.  I need to continue to celebrate the incredible love that I witnessed.  If even one of my stories can help a young (of even an older) gay man see that the way he loves is indeed beautiful, natural, and certainly nothing to be ashamed of, well, it is all worthwhile. 

I'll try to post a story tomorrow.  I must!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3089 on: January 24, 2008, 11:23:27 pm »
So true, Dagi.  This is not the end.  Death changes things, but life still goes on.  In fact death makes way for new life and new growth.  The best way to honor Heath's life would be to let his contributions inspire us to create and try to make the world a better place.  I'm sure that Heath faced many heartachs in his life, and the pain may have crippled him, but he rose up and he touched us through his art in spite of whatever personal difficulties he faced.  Now it's our turn to make a contribution.  

Gary

Exactly, Gary!  I like to think of Heath being in a better place, watching over those he loves.  He is still with me!  How can someone like Heath ever really die?  He is alive just as long as he is remembered. 

My mom always said, "I wish poeple could will their talent to others after they die."  Heath is one of those rare individuals who was blessed with enormous gifts.  He will never die!