Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170301 times)

Dagi

Re: Nap Time
« Reply #3130 on: January 30, 2008, 06:50:30 pm »
During these uncertain times, my thoughts turn to dads and moms and daughters.  This is dedicated to Heath, Mathilda and Michelle.

Nap Time By Littlewing1957 

Ennis was watching his girls while Alma pulled an extra shift at the grocers.  Jenny was asleep on his lap while Alma Jr. Played quietly with a doll at his feet.  Alma left a dinner of mac and cheese and hamburger in the oven, while a fresh baked apple pie cooled on the windowsill.  Ennis kissed Jenny’s tiny forehead and sighed. He was very content.  Ennis hugged his youngest closer and planted another kiss on her tiny cheek.

Alma Jr. watched her father cuddle her baby sister and decided she wanted a little of that.  She flung her doll down and pulled at her father’s pant leg.  Ennis looked down at his oldest and grinned.  “But I only have room for one of you!” Ennis laughed.  Alma Jr’s face darkened.  “But daddy, I wanna sit on your lap!”  Ennis winked at her.  He couldn’t bear to tease her.  Both knew that his lap was large enough to hold two small girls at once.

Pulling Alma Jr. from the floor was not a problem.  She seemed as weighless as one of her dolls.  Ennis sat his eldest next to her sleeping sister and kissed her hand.  Alma Jr. kissed her father’s cheek in return, and settled in.  Soon, all three were asleep.  When Alma returned from her shift at the store, she was bone weary and on edge.  But when she saw her husband asleep with their daughters on his lap, her shoulders relaxed.  She tiptoed over to her family and quietly kissed all three.  She decided to let them sleep.  Dinner would keep.

what a heartwarming and peaceful scene, Littlewing. You have a very giving heart. Thank you for this little piece!

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3131 on: January 30, 2008, 07:46:14 pm »
what a heartwarming and peaceful scene, Littlewing. You have a very giving heart. Thank you for this little piece!

Dagi

Thanks for your kind word, Babe!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3132 on: January 30, 2008, 07:46:45 pm »
Ah, what a lovely tender moment littlewing  :-*

Susie  :D

Thanks, SusieBaby!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: My Angel
« Reply #3133 on: January 30, 2008, 07:48:57 pm »
My Angel by Susiebell

Jack flopped back onto the grass shielding his face from the blistering heat of the sun, his head tilted to the side, squinting through one eye, observing his lover emerging from the lake; lean muscular torso glistening with droplets of water, hypnotic smile forming a row of sexy dimples across his cheeks.

As Ennis dropped to his knees and leaned over to plant a soft kiss on Jack’s lips, the rays of sunlight shone like a golden halo through his blond curls.

“My angel" Jack uttered, gathering Ennis up into his arms, laughing, making love, and dozing off to sleep in the glorious warmth of the afternoon sun.

Susie

ps.... there you go toycoon ... 3 sentences!  ;D

SusieBaby, this is a rare treat!  So very beautiful, very moving.  It doesn't get any better than this for our boys!  Thanks so much for sharing this lovely moment with us!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (72) by Toycoon
« Reply #3134 on: January 31, 2008, 12:22:08 am »
Right (72) by Toycoon

When they got to the dance, Jack parked the old GMC in the dirt lot across the road from the hall. Jack jumped out, opened the door for Katie and helped her down out of the truck. Jack offered her his arm and Katie happily obliged. They strolled over to the hall and as they approached, Jack could hear the familiar strains of the local cowboy band, setting the atmosphere for the winter celebration.

The inside of the hall was decorated with silver tinsel garlands, enormous red bows and green paper streamers. Strands of tiny, multicolored lights hung just above the makeshift bar in the corner of the room, next to the upright piano. Jack and Katie stood in the doorway taking in the holiday decorations before going all the way inside. It was early so there were not many people at the dance yet. They walked over to a small group of young women that Katie spotted by the punch bowl, joined them then stood watching the elegant guests arrving.

"Katie! You look so adorable!" squawked one perky brunette dressed in a sparkly rose satin dress. She dipped the plastic ladle in the bowl and handed Katie a cup of the fruit punch. Turning to Jack, she smiled and bobbed her pretty head from side to side, "And who do we have here?" Jack grinned and tipped his hat. "Uh, the name's Jack Twist, ma'am," stated Jack. "Well, hello there Jack Twist. I'm Peggy Ann. I went to high school with Katie, handsome. You from around here?" Before he could answer, she turned her attention to the couple walking in the door. Her eyes darted back and forth as she studied the couple posed in the doorway of the hall. She motioned to another girl, Marjorie, standing by her side and whispered, "There's that girl I was telling you about, she's a weirdo. Do you know what I'm talkin' about? And who on earth is that she's with? Is that Alan Sims? He's another story. I heard he's a queer now. Bet she's a queer now, too." Jack turned towards the doorway to catch sight of a plain looking brunette girl in thick glasses wearing a modest, peach colored dress, arm and arm with, of all people, his childhood friend, Alan. He was dressed in a white tuxedo with a yellow rose in the lapel. Jack really did not want to talk to Alan tonight, so he lit up a cigarette and tried to blend into the background as much as he could manage. Peggy Ann continued her running social commentary, "Look, there's that colored boy, lives on the outside a' town. I hear his family moved here from Milwaukee 'cause someone was after him, ya know, wantin' ta kill 'im, for dating their white daughter. Can you imagine? All I know is that feller better not try nothin' like that around here." She whispered the next part. "You know what would happen."

"I'd go out with him in a minute, he's a doll!" Katie snickered tossing her auburn ponytail. All of the other girls did a double take, hardly believing what they were hearing. Peggy Ann looked straight at Katie. "Katie Mae! It's a good thing yer daddy ain't around to hear you say that! Heaven's sake! Bet he's turning over in his grave right now!" Peggy Ann craned her neck to see the next couple in the door. "Look Katie, there's your girlfriend, Raquel. She is so pretty, she looks like Marilyn Monroe. What an adorable dress! Ooh, I wonder who's that tall, handsome cowboy she with? Never seen him around these parts before."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 11:28:56 am by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3135 on: January 31, 2008, 12:26:13 am »
My Angel by Susiebell

Jack flopped back onto the grass shielding his face from the blistering heat of the sun, his head tilted to the side, squinting through one eye, observing his lover emerging from the lake; lean muscular torso glistening with droplets of water, hypnotic smile forming a row of sexy dimples across his cheeks.

As Ennis dropped to his knees and leaned over to plant a soft kiss on Jack’s lips, the rays of sunlight shone like a golden halo through his blond curls.

“My angel" Jack uttered, gathering Ennis up into his arms, laughing, making love, and dozing off to sleep in the glorious warmth of the afternoon sun.

Susie

SusieBell! I can't believe how wonderful this is! It's like candy. So beautiful to read. And three sentences yet. I'm so glad you're back!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right (72)
« Reply #3136 on: January 31, 2008, 02:31:53 am »
Evenin', Toy. 

Well, think it's #72 on the hit parade, but haven't gone back to review my numbering. 

Anyway, can just see the Winter Dance, something out of 'Footloose'.  The stage is set, Jack, Ennis, Alan and the girls, ripe for a showdown.  Just hope Ennis can get past his inner self-consciousness and lack of self worth.  He's a great person, just didn't have the support needed as a youngster to mature into the great man his can be, and needs someone to help him mature do that - one Jack Twist.

Peggy is interesting, always someone like her in town, every generation.  She'll grow up to marry the man who becomes the mayor, and become the doyenne, the keeper of all things right and wrong, just ask her and even if you don't she'll tell you, until she comes up against a grown-up Raquel or Rachael. 

Like where this is going now, having the two of them meeting up and having the chance to clear the air between them... unless... Hmmm.... Damn... It's time they got back together and stayed there, even if it means heading out on their own for good.  Still like the idea of the Dakotas. 

Thanks again.

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3137 on: January 31, 2008, 01:14:40 pm »
My Angel by Susiebell

Susie

Susie... this is so beautiful. It's so surreal, and yet in a really strange way almost more real.. reading these stories after Heath's death. It's like they really are continuing their lives, somewhere. It's very soothing. I love the image of Ennis as an angel, because .. he is.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Afterglow
« Reply #3138 on: February 01, 2008, 12:04:46 am »
Afterglow by Susiebell

The cool night air breathed gently through the tent flap onto two hot sweaty bodies, naked and exhausted.

With his heartbeat slowly returning to normal, Ennis gazed over at Jack, who was now lying on his back, heat visibly rising from his heaving chest, cheeks flushed red, lips pink and swollen.

He closed his eyes, skin still tingling with Jack’s touch, mouth still awash with Jack’s taste, nostrils still filled with Jack’s smell, body still aching for more; he reached in the dark for his lover….   

Susie

This is what I'm talkin' about!  What a hot, steamy, sensuous moment, SusieBaby!  I'm caught up in the heat of it all.  This takes my breath away!  Thanks so much!  :)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Afterglow
« Reply #3139 on: February 01, 2008, 12:35:30 am »
The cool night air breathed gently through the tent flap onto two hot sweaty bodies, naked and exhausted.

With his heartbeat slowly returning to normal, Ennis gazed over at Jack, who was now lying on his back, heat visibly rising from his heaving chest, cheeks flushed red, lips pink and swollen.

He closed his eyes, skin still tingling with Jack’s touch, mouth still awash with Jack’s taste, nostrils still filled with Jack’s smell, body still aching for more; he reached in the dark for his lover…. 

Susiebell, my little vixen. This is achingly sexy! Chests, cheeks flushed and swollen... Hotter'n heck!

P. S. I am so glad you're over your slump.