Author Topic: Stop the Hate  (Read 7610 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Gary's Little Corner Bookshop
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 12:27:52 am »
For You

It was late and the rain had turned to drizzle, and the fog had started to roll in.  Earlier when they started out it was in the sixties, but now it was hovering in the mid-forties and likely to drop more, much more by morning.

Jack said, “I’m goin’ to stop, Ennis.  We can head on up to our spot in the mornin’.”

“I can’t afford no motel,” Ennis responded testily.

“I’ll pay, for fuck’s sake,” Jack said in exasperation. 

“Whatever, Jack.  It’s your money.  You’re drivin’.  Guess it’s your show.”

Jack sighed heavily, and looked for a neon sign cutting the pea soup.  When he found a place and pulled the truck up to the office, he placed a hand on Ennis’s thigh and said, “Come on, buddy.  This could be like that first night we got together after Brokeback.”

Ennis said slightly less prickly, “Go on and get the key.  I’ll wait.”

When Jack returned he came up to the passenger window and said, “No need to move the truck.  It’s number three, just a few doors down.  I’ll meet you there.”

Ennis didn’t get out right away.  He sat there a minute and stared through the office’s plate glass window and watched the middle-aged bald man behind the counter, and then he looked down at the row of rooms.  No one but Jack was out.  When Jack entered their room, he got out of the truck, reached for their bags in the back under a tarp, and said, “Fuckin’ Jack Twist.”

His aggravation wasn’t mitigated one bit when he got to the wide open door and found Jack sitting on the lone double bed completely naked.  Ennis kicked the door shut, dropped the bags, and quickly pulled the curtains.  When he turned to bark he saw that Jack was crying.  The bastard was actually crying.  It stunned him, and his chafe turned soft and warm.

“Jack,” he said quietly, almost afraid.

Without looking up, Jack said, “I get so lonely for you, Ennis.”  And when Ennis crossed the room and placed a probative hand on his shoulder, Jack said, “I get so fuckin’ lonely for you.”  Almost angry now. 

Still without looking up Jack reached for Ennis’s buckle and started to undo his pants.  “You remember what we said to each other?  You remember when we said we ain’t queer?”

“Jack, don’t.”  He wanted to pull away, but he stood there and allowed his friend to lower his jeans. 

With his face still wet with tears, Jack rolled back on the bed, and pulled his knees up to his chin.  “I am, Ennis.  I am a fuckin’ queer.”

“Jesus, Jack,” Ennis said in complete shock.

“I’m queer for you, Ennis, and I want you to fuck the shit out of me.”

“But...  Ah hell, Jack.”

Jack looked at his friend through wet eyes and saw that in spite of Ennis’s bewilderment, he was responding.  A bittersweet smile crossed his face and he said, “Just do it, you stubborn son of a bitch.”

Ennis climbed up on the bed and complied, doing it in a way that was both forceful and tender all at once.  Jack’s eyes never dried, and several times he said, “I’m queer for you, Ennis Del Mar.”

When it was over Ennis collapsed on top of Jack and laid there for a minute, but then he rolled over on the other side of the bed and faced the wall. 

When Jack saw that the man’s body was shaking he said, “You okay, Ennis?”

Ennis said something that sounded like, “I am, too.”  But before Jack could ask him to repeat it, he got up, zipped his fly, and went into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

Exceptional!  Another one of my all time favorites!  I can't tell you how much I adore this sweet tale, Gary!  Thanks so much for showing us more of Jack's vulnerable side.  I live to read about moments like this!  Gorgeous writing, my Love!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 09:04:13 pm »
It was the custom for people who inhabited the wounded prairie of Lightening Flat to hold their emotions in, and keeping to that tradition, Roberta had held most of her tears for her son inside when she learned of his untimely death.

This is a beautiful line, Garycottle. Very sad but lovely to read. You're a fine writer, boy. Keep it up!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 09:35:07 pm »

Jack looked at his friend through wet eyes and saw that in spite of Ennis’s bewilderment, he was responding.  A bittersweet smile crossed his face and he said, “Just do it, you stubborn son of a bitch.”

Ennis climbed up on the bed and complied, doing it in a way that was both forceful and tender all at once.  Jack’s eyes never dried, and several times he said, “I’m queer for you, Ennis Del Mar.”

When it was over Ennis collapsed on top of Jack and laid there for a minute, but then he rolled over on the other side of the bed and faced the wall. 

When Jack saw that the man’s body was shaking he said, “You okay, Ennis?”

Ennis said something that sounded like, “I am, too.”  But before Jack could ask him to repeat it, he got up, zipped his fly, and went into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.
------------------------
This is sheer perfection.  So sad and such longing.  Both of them, fighting the animal urge, and their own minds, along with each other..  janice

Beautiful mind

Offline tiveronicax2

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 11:29:05 pm »
Country Road
???
Ennis glanced in the rearview mirror and saw two deep ruts separated by a hilly mound of grass.  On one side was a tree-covered embankment, and on the other was a ravine.  He looked forward and saw the same.  The cabin was a good forty minutes of rough riding ahead.  Forty minutes.  He didn’t want to wait forty minutes.

When he shot his gaze over at Jack in the seat beside him, he found the boy–and he still thought of him as a boy, even after 14 years–looking out the window with a dumb, dreamy look all over his face.  Seeing him bounce up and down with nearly every rotation of the tires would have made Ennis laugh if he had been in a different mood.

“Jack...  Will you take your clothes off for me, Jack?”

Jack said, “Hmm?” as if he were coming out of a sound sleep.  But when he realized what Ennis had asked his lips curled back into a grin.  “Somebody ate his oats this mornin’.”

Ennis’s face reddened.  He was now ashamed of the request.  “Never mind.  It was a dumbass thing to say.”

Jack immediately started pulling off his boots.  Ennis told him he didn’t have to, but Jack kept going.  Within a minute he was naked as the day he was born. 

“That’s a pretty steep drop-off, so just keep one eye on the road,” Jack said.

Ennis tried, but doing that was becoming a chore.  He’d turn forward for a second or two, but then he had to turn back. 

Jack spread his long, buck ridin’ legs wide, and drew the left one up into the space between them.  He then leaned against the door and scooted down in a way that allowed that part of his anatomy Ennis liked to think of as exclusively his to become clearly visible.  His wife wouldn’t go there, and he hoped Jack had kept it from any other man.

The boy then brazenly licked his index finger like a lollipop and put it inside himself, just like a girl in Hustler.  “This what you wanted to see, cowboy?”

Ennis threw on the breaks, nearly sending Jack crashing into the dashboard.  “Shit!” Jack said in surprise.

But Ennis didn’t apologize.  Instead he got out and headed toward the back.  As he went he demanded, “Get out of the fuckin’ truck, Jack Twist.”

When Jack complied he landed on a rock.  “Ah!” he said sharply.  He looked at the sole of his injured foot, and then limped the rest of the way. 

Ennis didn’t ask if he’d hurt himself, didn’t show any sympathy at all.  He just took down the tailgate, and grabbed a bedroll and spread it out.  “Lean over the fuckin’ truck, Jack.” 

“Ennis...” Jack said meekly.  He was going to tell him to take it easy, but then he realized he didn’t want Ennis to take it easy.  He wanted it to be like the first time.  So he bent forward, only to have Ennis wrench him by the neck and shove him the rest of the way down.  Jack still didn’t yammer.  He didn’t want to break Ennis’s stride, so he reached back and pulled his cheeks apart and steadied himself for the stabbing pain of love.

Offline tiveronicax2

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 10:04:13 pm »
I felt as if I were reading a good, interesting chapter of the story

You named her Roberta, I thought of Ruth, I guess Roberta is fine

What you say about the shirts must be true because Roberta is not surprised

when Ennis brings them downstairs,

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 02:33:41 am »
Hey here Gary,
Thanks for the Jack with Ennis p-p-plug. We're so famous now with over two hunnerd pages! Can you believe it? Remember that month on IMDb when just about every post we made to Jack with Ennis got deleted? What a difference....
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero