Author Topic: If they win Best Kiss.  (Read 6872 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
If they win Best Kiss.
« on: April 27, 2006, 02:50:58 pm »
I think we all wish they would re-enact the kiss but what do you think they would really do?
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: If they win Best Kiss.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 05:04:42 pm »
I would LOVE to see them re-enact the kiss, but it won't happen.

Reason number 1:   Heath is not doing any publicity this year.   He is Mr.Mom remember?

Reason number 2:   Heath is too jittery to pull it off with the same effect the original had.

Reason number 3:    I think Jake wants to put the man-on-man kissing behind him career wise.

But believe me!   If they DO show up and Kiss,  I'll jump out of my chair and shout "I Love you Jack Nasty"     

vkm91941

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 05:07:56 pm »
I would LOVE to see them re-enact the kiss, but it won't happen.

Reason number 1:   Heath is not doing any publicity this year.   He is Mr.Mom remember?

Reason number 2:   Heath is too jittery to pull it off with the same effect the original had.

Reason number 3:    I think Jake wants to put the man-on-man kissing behind him career wise.

But believe me!   If they DO show up and Kiss,  I'll jump out of my chair and shout "I Love you Jack Nasty"     

I'm with you David all the way.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 05:43:12 pm »
Nice pictures David!  :)

Light-hearted jokes aside, but please no no no… please don’t re-enact the reunion kiss.  That kiss belongs to Ennis and Jack.  I don’t want the movie or the actors become the subject of jokes in late night talk shows again.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 05:46:07 pm »
I don't want them to. I barely can stand seeing Heath and Jake do interviews or act in other movies. It confuses my illusions. I love it when Ennis and Jack kiss, but not Heath and Jake. And I definitely don't want them to do it on MTV.

Offline Kea

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "The heart has reasons that reason cannot know." -
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 01:15:34 am »
No I dont think I want the kiss re- enacted......some things are far too special to be re played....

the beauty of their kisses was in its intimacy...in that tent...or in prvate when they were alone...between two people so in love...

to put it in the glare of the spotlight would just ....drain it of all it was and .....leave it empty...

like draining off the colour off a rainbow....

hugs
Kea
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 01:46:29 am by Kea »
"Within you I lose myself
Without you I find myself
Wanting to be lost again."
-Unknown

TJ

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 02:57:17 pm »
While I voted for a re-enacted kiss, I did that for the fun of it.

The below might be OT for the current poll but I just wanted to add my thoughts about the movie.

If I had been a person who was adapting Annie Proulx's original short story for a screen play, I would have had them kissing the first night in the tent, due to the fact that she mentions that after Ennis got into Jack's bedroll their intimacy deepened. And after that, Jack took Ennis's left hand and put it on his erect cock.

I think that they were snuggled up spoon-fashioned with Jack's butt against Ennis's crotch. And that the reason that Jack seized Ennis's hand was because Jack felt a rise in Ennis's Levi's with his butt and he wanted Ennis to know that he was just a horny, too.

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 11:57:42 pm »
As much as it disappoints me to say, I don't think they'll show.  The subject of the kiss has become the most annoying point of discussion for both Jake & Heath.  It'd make them smile I'm sure, but it'd also be like reopening old wounds to even attend.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 05:41:57 pm »

I think watching them reinact the the kiss would take it away from the tent scene. I like to think that it was real. That would only remind me that they were just acting.  sniff sniff.." could I have a tissue please"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 05:46:38 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 04:53:13 pm »
I answered "Not even show up for the awards ceremony". Though even though I'd loooooove to see Heath and Jake kiss(!), I don't want them to do it.. It's a bit contradictory, I know. But it would be awkward, strange, bizarre and so totally out of context. Imagine the MTV crowd.. come on! I don't want our guys to be booed at or other. And quite frankly, I have the feeling they might not even show. I guess Jake would, but Heath not and then Jake might decide to not go alone..

Oh well, we'll see soon.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 10:23:18 pm »
OK, so here's the real question.  Are we talking about the reunion kiss or the 2nd tent scene kiss/ kisses?  In my book it's definitely the reunion kiss.

I don't think I can handle any more award show drama period.  The Oscars were almost too much to handle.  I'm happy to be back focused on the actual movie.
 ::)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 05:50:29 am »
I don't think I can handle any more award show drama period.  The Oscars were almost too much to handle.  I'm happy to be back focused on the actual movie.
I think you are in deep denial!!  ;D  :laugh:  ;D

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -