Author Topic: lovable subtle details  (Read 476044 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: lovable subtle details
« Reply #590 on: January 06, 2012, 06:44:35 pm »
First, I have to say I really, really love this site, and I allready read all is written "lovable subtle details".
Thanks a lot for this space, I love the movie as  never before.

:) Of course we love to hear this!
You've found a good place. Welcome to BetterMost, Postcard! :)

My english is not good enough but, please, be sweet with me.

Your English is just fine. As long as we understand what you want to say, it's all good. And if we don't, we'll just ask back.
If your native language is by any chance German or Swedish, then there are people on this bord who can help you expressing what you want.
But as I see it, you manage just fine on your own! You really don't need to be shy about your language skills.

I want to say this ( and I hope someone please answer and talk with me )

2. I could swear that the words that Jack said in the first take, out of Aguirre´s office is FUCK YOU. We can only see the movement of his lips.... I think he said that because he is a little angry with Ennis cold attitude.

Do you mean on Jack's arrival? When he exits his truck?
I think he simply says "Fuck" and kicks the tire. I'm pretty sure he's frustrated about his truck, not Ennis in that moment.

3. In the tent scene, the first one, why Jack hit on the floor? I think is pain? Or he wants Ennis stop? Then I see Jack put his hand on Ennis hand, and then he tries to take both hands, Ennis and yours with the other, and then, they fall. I understand there is not only pain, but when I hear Jack in real pain.

My guess would be a mix of pleasure, sexual excitement and pain. ;D

My favorite part, all, but specially when Ennis is so so so happy "saying a thankfull prayer"

That's very sweet indeed. :)

Offline postcard2011

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Blue coffee pot.... brown coffee in.
« Reply #591 on: January 06, 2012, 09:32:48 pm »
Hi Postcard, and welcome to BetterMost!

Glad you found us!

Want a cup a coffee, don't ya? Piece a cherry cake?  ;)

Oh, yes! thanks!!!
By the way, does anybody think in this? Coffee pot is blue.... coffee inside es brown....
Thanks for answer me, I am so happy!

Offline postcard2011

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #592 on: January 06, 2012, 10:13:35 pm »
Penthesilea! Thanks for your answer, thanks of all the things you say and explain to me.

About Jack, I am talking about the first scene, when he put his arms ( in a sexy way.... ) on his truck and look at Ennis, then he inclines his head.... in that moment you can see his lips, he said: fock you. At least that is I can see....

All about this movie is so moving, touching, Sometimes I feel I was the crazy one..... loking all the details, crying because Jacks is dead.... shaking, with them in the mountain, feeling what they feel in the tent, trying to image all the things I can´t see. Some days I have Ennis and Jack  faces in my mind, their eyes... the way they speak, some nights I even dream with them, and I am  just only a witness, speachless witness of all their hapiness and sadness. Sometimes I feel all is different after the movie in my life. Sometimes I wonder if I made a mistake like Ennis did, or if I will find again with someone a tender moment as Jack feels in the mountain, in front of the fire, with Ennis  behind him, holding him....
Ok.... I better stop right here..... I don´t want to be annoying.

THANKS

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #593 on: January 07, 2012, 12:33:30 am »
Yes, postcard, Brokeback got us bad!! Welcome to this place where you can talk about Brokeback all you want. You have selected a great place to start. It seems like "Lovable Subtle Details" has enticed more Brokies to this site than any other!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #594 on: January 07, 2012, 07:25:20 am »
Postcard, we've all been through those mixed emotions after seeing Brokeback. That's what drew most of us here in the first place.

So you're among likeminded people here. Feel free to browse through the threads - there's lots of great stuff! - and take part in the discussions. You won't get judged here.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline postcard2011

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #595 on: January 07, 2012, 08:14:21 pm »
THANKS A LOT ALL OF YOU!

:) :) :)

ps. there is any book about what could be happen after or/and before the story?

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #596 on: January 07, 2012, 08:36:45 pm »
THANKS A LOT ALL OF YOU!

:) :) :)

ps. there is any book about what could be happen after or/and before the story?

If you mean a book by Annie Proulx, there is only the short story the movie is built on. And it doesn't really tell us any more about Ennis and Jack than we already know from the movie.

But there's a whole universe of fan fiction out there. That's people who have written their own stories, sometimes pretty true to the original, sometimes diverting from it a great deal.

There's a board here on BetterMost where fan fiction is being discussed:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html

There isn't really any discussion going on any more, but you may be interested in reading about the different fan fic stories anyway.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #597 on: January 08, 2012, 06:31:48 am »
All about this movie is so moving, touching, Sometimes I feel I was the crazy one..... loking all the details, crying because Jacks is dead.... shaking, with them in the mountain, feeling what they feel in the tent, trying to image all the things I can´t see. Some days I have Ennis and Jack  faces in my mind, their eyes... the way they speak, some nights I even dream with them, and I am  just only a witness, speachless witness of all their hapiness and sadness. Sometimes I feel all is different after the movie in my life.

We've all been there. Every little thing you said, I experienced it on my own. Waking up with them on my mind, going to bed and the last thing I thought of was Brokeback Mountain, even dreaming of it at night. Feeling like a weirdo because of it, oh yes. It was such a relief to find other people who went through the very same thing.

When have you seen it for the first time?

Offline postcard2011

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #598 on: January 08, 2012, 11:23:03 am »

Hi Penthesilea!
The firts time I saw, I mean, with all my senses was a few weeks before. I love movies. But I never paid attetion to this one, I don´t know why, both actors, specially Ledger, I love them. Maybe I was so stressed with my own life in that time, when the movie comes out.

But, what do you think about the firts take, when Jacks put his arms on his truck, look Ennis, then he whispers something... he just move his lips, I can swear he said, fuck you.

OH!!!  I love the scene after 4 years, both of them, the kiss, they in front of poor Alma, then in the motel....

And what about Jacks making laundry??? Washing Ennis shirt.... so tender!!!!

Annie Proulx writed a good story, but the movie was really really good!

Offline postcard2011

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #599 on: January 08, 2012, 11:26:28 am »
If you mean a book by Annie Proulx, there is only the short story the movie is built on. And it doesn't really tell us any more about Ennis and Jack than we already know from the movie.

But there's a whole universe of fan fiction out there. That's people who have written their own stories, sometimes pretty true to the original, sometimes diverting from it a great deal.

There's a board here on BetterMost where fan fiction is being discussed:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html

There isn't really any discussion going on any more, but you may be interested in reading about the different fan fic stories anyway.

Hi! Thanks for your answer, I try to read, but I can´t go in to the page where the story is.
I would like to write a story, but.... Am I a little crazy? How can I image to do something about a so beautyfull story like this???