Author Topic: The infamous 'beesuckass' post from a conservative Christian a hoax ?  (Read 4793 times)

vkm91941

This from TOB @ IMDb this morning.  You old timers will remember this well known post.  Is it a hoax or is this a troll who is trying to discredit the OP?  ???

I am 'beesuckass' and I wrote the post by the 'conservative christian'   
  by - dawningofanewage 12 minutes ago (Fri Apr 28 2006 01:45:44)  Ignore this User | Report Abuse 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I express my most humble apologys in admitting that my friend and I wrote this post. (it was his idea!!! and he wrote most of it!) We were/are so fed up with the bullcrap going on with not just the Christians but with phobes in general, that we decided to write this; myself, I could not sleep at night knowing what I did. Much to his shugrin i am confessing and begging your foregiveness; I hope everyones still loves me.
God people, wasnt it a dead giveaway that a conservative Christian would go as " thebeesuckass". We laughed ourself silly!! We also erased all of our many other posts from our history because they were quite in opposition to our new post.

by for now. 

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The infamous 'beesuckass' post from a conservative Christian a hoax ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 05:45:03 am »
If the "retraction" post was written by 'beesuckass' then I would think the OP was indeed a hoax.  But because the "retraction" is by 'dawningofanewage' it smacks of a hoax to discredit the OP.  The fact that the OP has already been killed, I wonder why it was chosen for either reason.  Then again, it was probably THE most well known thread that generated an enormous amount of interest - even being mentioned in interviews by the cast.  So, if the OP was a hoax it would have made a lot of sense to discredit it back in, say, February or March when it would have the greatest impact.  The fact that it wasn't makes me think that the (current) trolls are feeling the pressure of the quieting TOB after the refugee revolt, and are looking for new ways to stir up trouble.  It's all circumstantial at this stage of course, but based on the current "evidence" it seems to me like the trolls think they're being clever.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 05:58:03 am »
I think there are plenty of people eager to believe that minds couldn't possibly be changed by this movie and that thebee's post wasn't in earnest.  Dream on.  Sounds like a troll to me.

;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 07:46:44 am »
I did always think the name was a little suspicious--and he gave a reason early on, something like, "My six year asked about bees making honey" or some such thing and said that's where the name came from. But a six year old wouldn't say "suck ass." At least not the six year olds I know, and somehow I don't see a "conservative Christian father" condoning this sort of language.

On the other hand, this post did get quoted all over the place and I think if someone was going to discredit it as a hoax, it would have made more sense to do so back in Feb or March.

Who knows?
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 09:19:20 am »
I remember being quite taken by the OP and followed the discussion it generated until it started taking '3 days' to download.  Someone even said that they had met Ang at a Q&A, (I think) and told him about thebee's post and he said he was keen to view it. I also remember several  impersonators being exposed who had morphed their user name to look similar to thebeesuckass, one I exposed myself noting that there was two 's's used (thebeessuckass).

I tend to believe the admission post that Vic describes simply because of the bizare user name is not what I imagine a conservative christian's choice to be, (ignore the pun), but the thought provocation that this thread created was truly incredible, (second highest traffic ever if I recall).  Hoax or not, it got a lot of people thinking and the original posters should be proud of their contribution. The content of that OP was inspired.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 10:19:34 am »
Whoever posted the original post could spell.  The alleged exposer of "the hoax" cannot.  It's as obvious as handwriting that it's not the same writer.  Stupid twits.  Maybe they'll learn to spell by the end of eighth grade.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 10:55:30 am »
I don't know, that friend who wrote most of it could certainly spell a lot better than the person who wrote the retraction.

And the whole thing about the second post by the OP in that thread, about going to have holidays in the midwest and telling his laughing male relatives that he'd seen it, and how the 18 year old freshman nephew asked him about it in private, all that stuff really stood out to me. It seems like it was way too thought out to be a hoax. I agree that the hoax is probably this thing now, not the original post.

We will never know for sure unless thebeesuckass comes back to tell us.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 11:54:01 am »
Regardless of whether it was a legit post or a 'hoax', it got people talking.  That's what's most important, IMO.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 01:46:57 pm »
someone else had tried to discredit the post before by impersonating him.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 01:51:34 pm by starboardlight »
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 02:49:38 pm »
someone else had tried to discredit the post before by impersonating him.

I remember that, Nipith.  And I remember someone posting that the supposed hoaxster did not have the same screen name as the original poster (it was off by an "s" somewhere).  As soon as he was discredited, he disappeared.
No more beans!

Offline Chaplin_fan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 03:17:41 pm »
I do not believe the original post to be a hoax. Incidentally, the handle was:  thebeesucksass.

I sent a private message to the guy who wrote that post way back when, and he reponded to me within an hour. His message was very moving, very heartfelt, and very well written.  I can tell easily, by the writing style, that the person who makes this faux confession is not the same person who wrote the original post, nor the person who wrote the very long, heartfelt and sincere message to me personally.

I was very moved by what he wrote, because in his letter to me, he told me that he had been moved by what I'd written to him, and that he was going to use my words in his next meeting with his church group, in order to show not only the effect that this film is having on people, but also to help open minds as to the harsh and cruel reality of homophobia and the damage it inflicts on everyone it touches.

I am certain that that post, all those months ago, was legitimate. I only wish we could hear from the guy again, as he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.
Homophobia can be cured.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 03:30:21 pm »

Whoever posted the original post could spell.  The alleged exposer of "the hoax" cannot.  It's as obvious as handwriting that it's not the same writer.  Stupid twits.  Maybe they'll learn to spell by the end of eighth grade.

AMEN.  And agreement with lots of others.  Lame-O.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)