Author Topic: Welcome To The Polling Place!!  (Read 10085 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Welcome To The Polling Place!!
« on: June 15, 2007, 10:14:59 pm »
First of all, I would like to extend a very warm welcome to all of our new Bettermostians; those who recently migrated here from other forums such as IMDb. We are very happy you decided to join our wonderful community. If there is anything I can do to help you with your transition to Bettermost, please let me know. I would be very happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have!

Secondly, I am trying to think of new ideas for this forum. Do you have any ideas? One of the things I have started doing, is showcasing new polls and questionnaires by sticky posting them for at least a day or two. Sticky means a moderator or administrator has opted to place a thread up at the top of thread list. It will remain up at the top until the moderator "unstickies" it.

If you create a new poll or questionnaire, and your thread has not been stickied, please send me a pm. I may have overlooked your new poll or questionnaire, or it may be because there are already too many sticky threads at the top, and your thread will be the next one to be showcased. I really don't like more than 5 or 6 threads sticky posted at once, because it makes the forum look messy and confusing. I will however do my best to place your new poll or questionnaire up at the top so as many people can see it and answer it as possible.

Thirdly, please feel free to create any new polls you can think of! If you need help in creating a new poll, please let me know. It's fairly easy and the software does a very good job of walking you through the necessary steps. But it can sometimes be confusing the first time around.

Okay! Do you have any ideas? How can I make this forum more fun and enjoyable for you?

I will read and seriously consider all comments, and try to pass some of your comments along to Administration for possible implementation if necessary.

In the meantime, please take my "Polling Place" poll, where you can rate your satisfaction of this forum!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,10549.0.html

Your comments and suggestions are highly valued, and I thank you in advance for all your help!

Your Moderator,

David.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
We'll Miss David In Indy, creator of The Polling Place!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 12:53:40 pm »
 :'( :'( :'(
We knew David In Indy well and will miss him terribly. With 18,500 posts on BetterMost, he shared his life and his many interests. Let's review some of the great polls he created that brought  BetterMostians together as well as his work on serious Equality issues. Devoted to his dog, caring for his father (who died in 2011), passionate about music, and always interested in people's posts. His light will live on on these pages. Here's a photo of him that John Trudell sent me. Thanks John and thanks Milo and Jess for keeping us informed.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Welcome To The Polling Place!!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 02:57:11 pm »
He brought joy to my life ❤️ :-*
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Welcome To The Polling Place!!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 07:55:25 pm »
Nice to see David!   RIP!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!