Author Topic: OT: Peter Sarsgaard on living with Jake!  (Read 11140 times)

slayers_creek_oth

OT: Peter Sarsgaard on living with Jake!
« on: April 28, 2006, 06:14:57 pm »

NEW YORK - Peter Sarsgaard got a new roommate to prepare for his role as a Marine in the Gulf War drama Jarhead.
The 34-year-old actor plays Jake Gyllenhaal's sniper partner in the film adaptation of Anthony Swofford's memoir, so he decided to spend as much time as possible with him in real life, he told the New York Times Magazine in Sunday's issue.

"I figured if I couldn't be around my girlfriend, I would settle for her brother," said Sarsgaard, who's dating Maggie Gyllenhaal. Sarsgaard and Jake Gyllenhaal lived together for about five months during filming, mostly in a hotel in Mexico.

"The idea was to simulate the military experience: what happens if you're forced to be with someone every minute of the day and night," Sarsgaard told the magazine. "And we fought. We'd have a fight and then we'd still have to be together. For a while, I would just wear headphones. All the time. That lasted for 10 days."

Order was eventually restored, he said.

Sarsgaard said he hurt his knee and ribs during filming, but shrugged off the injuries as part of the "endurance test."

"It's hard to complain because I'm an actor and not an actual soldier," he said. "I want to be very careful and respect the fact that there's really a war going on."

This may have already been posted back in the day but oh well...

http://jakegyllenhaalwatch.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 06:16:34 pm by slayers_creek_oth »

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: OT: Peter Sarsgaard on living with Jake!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 08:45:59 pm »
He he, I love that picture... anything with Jake acting goofy makes me very very happy.  Peter Sarsgaard is nuts, you can never have too much Jake Gyllenhaal!!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 09:24:27 pm »
Sure..they lived together for the film... :laugh:

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:34:53 pm »
Am I the only one who didn't know about Peter (I'm a grower, not a show-er) Sarsgaard's frontal nudity scene in "Kinsey", AND the Liam Neeson on Peter Sarsgaard deep tongue kiss?

Question:  Do all male actors with double A's in their last names end up kissing other guys onscreen for a living?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 09:40:30 pm by Flashframe777 »
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:19:52 pm »
Yeah, I got my first peculiar kick from "Kinsey." But hardly the last...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 10:55:21 pm »
 :) I remember very well the kiss with Liam because I saw it before I saw BBM - don't recall full frontal nudity by Peter (no pun intended - lol) I might just have to rent that movie again, hmm.......................(did I really say that?) ;D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 11:11:12 pm »
My straight, red-neck, conservative cowboy male friend of mine saw both 'Kinsey' and 'BBM'.  He said the male/male sex in 'Kinsey' was 'more disturbing' to him than that in BBM.  Perhaps it was the nudity?

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 11:14:48 pm »
Kinsey just went to the top o' my queue.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 12:01:23 am »
My straight, red-neck, conservative cowboy male friend of mine saw both 'Kinsey' and 'BBM'.  He said the male/male sex in 'Kinsey' was 'more disturbing' to him than that in BBM.  Perhaps it was the nudity?

Probably the fact that it was a more promiscuious (sp?) sex.... maybe? I loved Kinsey, and loved Peter Sarsgaard in it, for more than one reason  ;)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 12:05:31 am »

Probably the fact that it was a more promiscuious (sp?) sex.... maybe? I loved Kinsey, and loved Peter Sarsgaard in it, for more than one reason  ;)

Not sure.  He didn't elaborate, obviously (rednecks!).  I think it was the nudity.  He was shocked by Skaarsgard hanging all out, then lunging together with Neeson.