Author Topic: If There Were Two Paths...  (Read 2764 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
If There Were Two Paths...
« on: June 16, 2007, 08:27:39 pm »
If There Were Two Paths...

If there were a crossroads before you, one leading to safety, security but status quo living with it's high potential for occasional boredom and dreariness and the other road with danger warnings saying "Go back", "You Risk All You Ever Have", "Adventure", "Danger"... or the road less traveled,with no clear path, and lots of obsticals with no way of knowing before hand what you might encounter around the next bend, be it great misery or great reward... or stay right where you are because it is familiar and you know what to expect and even if it is a rut it is a comfortable rut... Hope, Opportunity, Choice....

Which road would YOU take?  Tell us why?

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: If There Were Two Paths...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 08:32:04 pm »
I'm a safety and security girl myself.  No adrenlin rushes for me, heck I don't even like riding rollercoasters and I only like being scared witless in the abstract.  Stephen King is enough for me.  I don't mind a little boredom ocassionally because I know that this too shall pass.  I've always had a very highly definded sense of responsiblity especially to my family.  I guess you could call me the duitiful daughter, putting Mom and Dad's needs before my own when the time came but now that I have my life back I don't want to risk it or what I have with Bob for ANYTHING.

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 03:05:32 am »
Adventure!!!

Definately adventure Dottie! I LOVE an adventure!!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 09:33:23 am »

I voted for "Stay where you are," but I think I got that wrong. What I meant was that I would prefer to travel along the path I am presently on. Can I change my vote?

I am very happy and comfortable with the life I have. I don't like adrenalin. I love the status quo. I don't readily take to change. Four of the most valued things in my life are peace, tranquility, centredness and balance. I don't even like excitement in the abstract.

The highlights in my life are doing lunch, going to the cinema, visiting friends, reading a good novel, painting and logging onto BetterMost.

Thrill seeker? No, that's not me.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 09:50:09 am »
I picked "I'm confused." Because "Adventure" sounds good. but "Risk all you have"? Not so much.

I do like adventure, and would often pick it over safety and security, at least hypothetically. But in a measured way. I mean, I'd probably take a year off and travel around the world. But I probably wouldn't sell all my possessions and buy a sail boat and learn to sail and sail around the world by myself in an effort to break a record for solo sailing.

So in answer to your question, I guess I'd wind up just standing there like the guy in the picture.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 04:23:40 pm »
I gamble with my life but not my money.

Security can buy you a lot of vacations to fun and adventuresome spots and a nice retirement to look forward to.

Living on the edge can be extremely rewarding and at times, extremely lucrative, but there are no guarantees.  It's gambling.  Look at Vegas.  Lots of very nice hotels that cost a lot of money to build.  Where do you think they got the money?  The house always wins in the end.

moremojo

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 04:03:38 pm »
'Road less travelled' for me. I'm not a good physical traveller, but if I can get properly motivated to get going somewhere (be it emotional, spiritual, or physical), I'm more likely to take the route ignored or dismissed by the seeming majority. I've never liked crowds, anyway.