Author Topic: Becky's coming to the US! Who can meet Mem. Day weekend in Niagara Falls?  (Read 4683 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Oooh oooh oooh!! That would be so great if Adriana can come! I do really have to figure out if I can afford to drive all that way and stay somewhere for a night or two, cause gas ain't cheap! But I really want to come and see you guys and see the falls. And there is nothing like a road trip, even solo, to get some perspective on life....come to think of it, maybe that was why Jack was so wise--lotsa time behind the wheel to reflect on life and how to live it (there's a little REM ref fer ya, ELJ, if you happen by this way)

This might be my one and only post today brokies! I miss ya! I'm at my home town in NC and trying to make the necklaces (one or two) before I go out to enjoy the glorious day with a good friend and fellow brokie (though he was so heart-broken by the movie I don't know if he can really handle it!)
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
bumpety bump!

So where do you reckon we should meet when(and if) Jenny comes through? ???
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
....................Bump. ;D Where is Jenny? I haven't seen her in days! ???.......................
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Awww, Bex, thanks! I know, I've been away. I explained some of it in my big check in post today that I was composing as you wrote your post.

I'm still looking at coming up there, but t'would cost a pretty penny. With gas at $3 a gallon, that alone would be almost $100. Then add lodging and food and the car rental in, and it's probably another $250 or so at least! So, it's looking less likely. Unless I did just one night, driving up in the morning, staying all day, spending the night, and driving back the next day. That might work, but would be a lot of driving (about 7 hours each way. That's a lot in a day).

If Nicole gets her but over here, maybe she can convince me! Or maybe I could stay with her in Toronto! That might work!

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Don't worry if you can't. I am sure I will have fun up there anyway with the helicopter ride over the falls, the speed boat things at Niagra on the lake and SHOPPING in Toronto!
If it is too costly then don't come, I will be fine up here and afterall there is next year when aparently I am coming to D.C. Also I have been trying to convince my mum, who already liked the idea, to come to Alberta next Summer. Something about her looking at hotels tells me it is a "YES" but for next year, I am not sure.

Has anyone heard from Nicole recently? It has been a few weeks since she posted, so maybe she is sick of us...Nah it can't be that, we are too lovable! :laugh:
But if it is OK with Nicole and you can get yourself over there it is fine with me, of course I wouldn't really have to do anything so it is not for me to decide. But tell me what you want to do.