Author Topic: Who wants Jake to play the bad guy in one of his next movies?  (Read 11099 times)

mvansand76

Personally, I would love to see him as the bad guy in one of his future films...  :P

What do you think? What kind of movie? what kind of character?

You can post pictures too if you want.....  ::)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Who wants Jake to play the bad guy in one of his next movies?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 03:23:06 pm »
I would love to see Jake play a bad guy! He can't be the good guy ALL THE TIME, can he?

Besides, I love it when the bad guy is cute! There's something very sexy about a cute bad boy.

I wonder if he'll ever do it though?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 04:23:11 pm »
Oh yeah some really sinister, slick but oh so sexy bad guy  :o  Hell Yes!   ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

mvansand76

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 04:26:03 pm »
I would love to see Jake play a bad guy! He can't be the good guy ALL THE TIME, can he?

Besides, I love it when the bad guy is cute! There's something very sexy about a cute bad boy.

I wonder if he'll ever do it though?

I bet he will be able to delve into that dark side I once read about in an interview with him.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:38:46 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It would kill me!
For me he will always and forever be my dear sweet Jack!
I couldn't bear it.
Ok, seriously, I wouldn't like it. Whenever I see someone play a bad guy I can never really see them as a good guy and vice versa!
Like when Robin williams played a Bad guy, it never really worked for me. I kept waiting for him to crack a joke.
It was hard for me seeing Christian Bale as Batman after American Psycho. The only thing that made it acceptable is that even though Batman is a good guy he's dark and troubled.
I don't know, thats just me.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:45:17 pm »
You have a good point Lee.

But I'd still like to see him play a bad guy!!  :)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 05:13:53 pm »

it could work if he played a deranged person.  All sweetness and light, but compusive unknowingly like henry bates in psycho

Beautiful mind

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 05:41:54 pm »
There are some people it is impossible to imagine playing bad guys. They're just too likable. Will Smith. Shia LeBoeuf. I would have said the same about Tom Hanks. And in fact, the closest he came to playing a bad guy ("The Ladykillers"), he was still a pretty good guy.

But then, I would have thought it impossible for Robin Williams to play a bad guy. But when he did, IMO, it really revitalized his career! Then again, I was getting sick of his maudlin good guys.

Anyway, I don't think it's impossible to imagine Jake as a bad guy. Kind of hard, but not impossible.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 08:05:52 pm »
There are some people it is impossible to imagine playing bad guys. They're just too likable. Will Smith. Shia LeBoeuf. I would have said the same about Tom Hanks. And in fact, the closest he came to playing a bad guy ("The Ladykillers"), he was still a pretty good guy.

But then, I would have thought it impossible for Robin Williams to play a bad guy. But when he did, IMO, it really revitalized his career! Then again, I was getting sick of his maudlin good guys.

Anyway, I don't think it's impossible to imagine Jake as a bad guy. Kind of hard, but not impossible.

Didn't Tom Hanks play a Depression era hitman or gangster type in a recent movie?

Our boys can play bad types, but only if they are either insane, going insane (my personal weakness), have a heart of gold, a streak of decency or a lot of flair.  ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 08:42:06 pm »
Didn't Tom Hanks play a Depression era hitman or gangster type in a recent movie?

Oh yeah! The Road to Perdition. He was pretty bad, but he was still the hero. Or at least the dad of the hero.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 02:04:36 pm »
Mainly I'd like to see Jake get varied roles and challenging roles, in good films. He's been uncannily good at opicking the right roles in that respect so far. Whether a "good guy" or a "bad guy", that's not the main point.

I voted "no" in the poll though. Not because I don't think Jake couldn't play a "bad guy" convincingly and chillingly, but because the kind of film that I sense you're indicating with this polll question is the kind of film I mostly stay well away from. More or less pointless but visuallly stunning violence and cruelty and sadistic behaviour, depicted more and more explicitly and almost ad nauseum even in "big name" films.... *So* not my kind of thing and I don't want it for my favourite actor either. That's one reason why I was very happy with "Zodiac" which took the story development in quite the opposite direction.... focusing at length not on  horrible gory slow-motion details but on the suspense and psychological impact on very realistic characters. Yay!

Besides, what's a "bad guy" these days? One of the first names that come to *my* mind would in fact be "24's" Jack Bauer, a horrible character if ever there was one. But to most viewers he's supposedly a good guy.  ??? All that inhuman treatment of others and torturing of opponents and suspected terrorists just your average good guy doing his hectic and difficult good guy work. He'd be very conflicted about it if he just had the time. Urgh. That's one kind of role I don't want for Jake. And it strikes me that I have no idea whether his "Rendition" role is just like that. If so, it's a great pity.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 02:08:12 pm »
"24" is a terrible show. I watched a couple of episodes and turned it off. I couldn't take it.  :P

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 02:12:37 pm »
I could see Jake playing an ambiguous character:  with both good and bad qualities.  He's adept at nuance, and this would be a better use of his talent, rather than a straight good or bad part. 

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 03:26:02 pm »
Not because I don't think Jake couldn't play a "bad guy" convincingly and chillingly, but because the kind of film that I sense you're indicating with this polll question is the kind of film I mostly stay well away from. More or less pointless but visuallly stunning violence and cruelty and sadistic behaviour, depicted more and more explicitly and almost ad nauseum even in "big name" films.... *So* not my kind of thing and I don't want it for my favourite actor either. That's one reason why I was very happy with "Zodiac" which took the story development in quite the opposite direction.... focusing at length not on  horrible gory slow-motion details but on the suspense and psychological impact on very realistic characters. Yay!

I'm with you in being disgusted about pointless explicit violence and sadistic behavior in films -- particularly if that is the supposed to be the what makes the film "entertaining." Movies like "Hostel" and "Saw" shouldn't even exist, IMO, and if I didn't as a journalist feel obliged to oppose all censorship, those would be the first things I'd censor. I wish the despicable idiots who make them would know enough to censor themselves.

On the other hand, I don't mind violence when it's used in pursuit of some larger artistic or noble goal. Films in that category that come to mind include "Hotel Rwanda" (which was not really all that violent, considering the subject) "The Last King of Scotland," "Schindler's List," etc.

In between are those movies in which violence is used for the purpose of entertainment, but isn't the main point, if that makes sense. I'm thinking of thrillers that revolve around solving a murder or murders. You see the violence -- hopefully not too graphically -- but the entertainment comes largely from the suspense of catching the killer. Some of those are OK.

That said, I think it's possible for there to be a "bad guy" in a film that's not particularly violent. For example, in "Breach" Chris Cooper played an FBI spy with no violence at all. Sometimes bad guys are financial or political bad guys, as in films like "Erin Brockavich" and "All the President's Men."

Could Jake do something like that? Probably, though maybe not as well as Chris Cooper [insert hard-hat wearing ducking smiley here].

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 07:38:05 pm »

I agree with Paul.  I think he could do great as the bad guy with that sly smile of his.
You couldn't tell if he was really smiling, or smirking..That could work very well for him..He might lose
some of his Jackness, and have it cause a drop in his present popularity...He is the good guy type for sure.  It depends on where or not he wants to go against type.

Beautiful mind

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 11:03:47 pm »
... a really sexy bad guy in tight pants with a sly seductive smile, who gets naked with all the women ... and the men!  Whoooo Wheeee!

Susie, I think I can guess YOUR priorities!

Good or bad, you just like the direction he's goin!

:laugh: ;D ;)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 11:08:14 pm »
No, never, he is too cute to play bad

I like him as the love interest or as the hero!!! Or both.

However, if he takes a role as the bad guy---I will go see the movie. I go to all of his movies.  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 01:35:11 am »
No, never, he is too cute to play bad

I like him as the love interest or as the hero!!! Or both.

However, if he takes a role as the bad guy---I will go see the movie. I go to all of his movies.  :)

But he'd be so cute when he's bad!!

*David singing*

Bad boy! Bad boy! Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Bad Boy! Bad Boy!

mvansand76

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 06:54:57 am »
But he'd be so cute when he's bad!!

*David singing*

Bad boy! Bad boy! Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Bad Boy! Bad Boy!

LOL!!!

It would make the part so interesting, because he's almost too cute to be the bad guy and then he turns out to be one....  :o

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 09:34:10 am »

I was about to respond with an emphatic "NO!!!" and then remember how hot the evil Superintendent Tom Chandler was in the UK TV program, "The Bill."  :D

He was gorgeously handsome and totally evil (past tense because he was killed off in the show). Easy on the eye and easy to fall in love with.  :-*

I confess, I loooove bad boys, and I can imagine Jake in such a role. I don't think I'd like to see him as a sadistic serial killer or cannibal, though.  :-\
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Dagi

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 06:27:36 pm »
Yeah Baby!

.... a really sexy bad guy in tight pants with a sly seductive smile, who gets naked with all the women ... and the men!  Whoooo Wheeee!

OK, steady on girl!!!

Susie  

Baby, your posts are killing me !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dagi

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 06:41:00 pm »

Hehehehe ... but I'm just a sweet little innocent girl at heart! 

Susie

bwooaaahhhaaaahhaaaa! I know ya, Susie..... and btw could you just pass me that link you told me about??

Dagi

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 08:48:11 pm »

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 09:01:45 pm »

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

OK, I guess he would make a good bad guy!

mvansand76

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 08:57:28 am »
God Susie, I have to join in the enthusiasm for your signature pictures! The third one from the left just kills me....

Where would you place the look full of love and adoration from when he watches Ennis ride away after the DE?

mvansand76

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 01:57:52 pm »
Hi Snavel Del Snuit,

I'm glad you like the montage ... I 've put them in chronological order, so I'd put it inbetween the second and third pictures .... maybe I'll try to squeeze it in later ... you've got my mind working over time again!

... watch this space

Susie  

Oh goodie!!!!  ;D

It's Mel, by the way, shorter and easier than Snavel del Snuit...  ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 04:18:06 pm »
There you go Mel ..... just for you!

BTW what does Snavel del Snuit mean?

Susie 

Oh wow, it's even more beautiful now!!!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Snavel and Snuit are two petnames my boyfriend uses for me... They are both Dutch for beak of a bird or small animal! So I put them together and used del in between: Snavel del Snuit!! Tadaaaaa!  ;)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 06:11:47 pm »
I'd really like to see Jake in some lighter material then his upcoming project (RENDITION) and his last film (ZODIAC).  To his credit, Jake seems quite good at playing a role in which he is neither a perfect hero (DONNIE DARKO, BBM) nor a villain either, still a character one can sympathize with...

mvansand76

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 09:52:48 am »
Gosh guys I still haven't seen Zodiac!

Try number 1: Tuesday two weeks ago: My uncle died, obviously not in the mood to see a movie.

Try number 2: last Thursday: My best friend cancelled our date.

Try number 3: Yesterday: Had to leave the movie theatre after 20 minutes because there were three 18 year old pathetic assholes ruining the movie by yelling the whole time and calling people names. Demanded my money back.

Am I not supposed to see this movie? I am gonna wait till it's on DVD! Jake was cute in the first 20 minutes, those big eyes looking all confused.... aaaawwwww....

Sorry, that was OT!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 02:39:17 pm »
Gosh guys I still haven't seen Zodiac!

Try number 1: Tuesday two weeks ago: My uncle died, obviously not in the mood to see a movie.

Try number 2: last Thursday: My best friend cancelled our date.

Try number 3: Yesterday: Had to leave the movie theatre after 20 minutes because there were three 18 year old pathetic assholes ruining the movie by yelling the whole time and calling people names. Demanded my money back.

Am I not supposed to see this movie? I am gonna wait till it's on DVD! Jake was cute in the first 20 minutes, those big eyes looking all confused.... aaaawwwww....

Sorry, that was OT!

It sounds like the gods are working against you. It should be out on DVD soon. Want me to send you a copy?  ;)