Author Topic: Where did it come from? Gay trivia!  (Read 16012 times)

TJ

Re: Where did it come from? Gay trivia!
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2006, 02:14:35 am »
Yes that's exactly what happened.  Sorry guys.  I think it's a great post none the less.

DecaturTxCowboy has an injured hand which gives him a lot of problems right now. He started posting here because I invited him.

We cyber-know each other because we have been involved in Yahoo Groups discussing Brokeback Mountain.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2006, 03:10:11 am »
Welcome DecaturTxCowboy.  Hope you love the place as much as we do.  It's a fun group of people with wonderful hearts.  Hope the hand is okay.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline DecaturTxCowboy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Chute Dogging
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 04:54:32 am »
DecaturTxCowboy has an injured hand which gives him a lot of problems right now. He started posting here because I invited him.

LOL...well, its really the tip of my little pinky finger. But after a $12,000 of surgery, it is still sore.

Scooter was taunting Willard over the food bowl and Willard said enough of this sh*t and snapped at Scooter, and yeah, I got into the middle of it and Scooter accidently bit my finger. Cleaned the wounds out, and closed them up with a safety pin (my doctor was NOT amused). Got infected (DUH!), took three hours of surgery for crushed bone, ripped muscles and torn ligaments - like I'm thinking, OK, this will be done with a local...but after the third morphine in my IV, I was down for the count. Was in the hospital four days. Been going back three times a week for cleaning so that I don't get scar tissue. Will be fine for the rodeo in OKC at end of month. Vidocin and orange juice - the breakfast of champions.

In April while chute dogging, I twisted my left thumb so far back my wrist swelled up to twice its size - had my thumb in a steer's mouth and he twisted his head while I was trying to flip him over on his back. Got the dog bite on right hand three weeks ago. Had horse bite my left hand again week before last.

Chute dogging -  You stand in the cattle chute next to the steer. The gate opens and depending how pissed off the steer is, he'll pull you out of the chute or you gotta pull him to the ten feet to the chalk line. Then you have to flip him over on his back - that's called dogging the steer.

Ya'll think I'm making this up???  It really IS a rodeo event!

http://telecomanddata.com/2006_FW-Rodeo_chute-dogging-event/  Picture of me at the bottom...smiling. Beer is good!

Two pics of me at the Sunday event.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 07:29:58 am by DecaturTxCowboy »
Take it like a man - steady and strong, not a lot of fuss and carring on.  True to a promise, I can ride in any storm.  So bend over and take it like a man...Too much of a good thing is a good thing.

TJ

Re: Chute Dogging
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 02:00:37 pm »

LOL...well, its really the tip of my little pinky finger. But after a $12,000 of surgery, it is still sore.

Scooter was taunting Willard over the food bowl and Willard said enough of this sh*t and snapped at Scooter, and yeah, I got into the middle of it and Scooter accidently bit my finger. Cleaned the wounds out, and closed them up with a safety pin (my doctor was NOT amused). Got infected (DUH!), took three hours of surgery for crushed bone, ripped muscles and torn ligaments - like I'm thinking, OK, this will be done with a local...but after the third morphine in my IV, I was down for the count. Was in the hospital four days. Been going back three times a week for cleaning so that I don't get scar tissue. Will be fine for the rodeo in OKC at end of month. Vidocin and orange juice - the breakfast of champions.

Well, even when there is damage to a little part of a finger, it is like the whole hand is injured; same way with a little toe injury, the whole foot hurts.

Oh, folks, when in an IM chat with Justin this week, I told him that I had to leave the computer because I had to take  strong combo pain killer, which contains butalbital, due the kind of headache I had. He told me to go take come orange juice with it. I thought that was funny for him to say. I only have to take plenty of water with the pill. Actually, I get it from the VA Pharmacy and it is sent to me by mail. It is the only 'script which I have to sign for from the VA. I am not addicted to it; I only know when I am not taking it. I have a permanent headache due to the head trauma; it is just that sometimes it is worse than others.

I told Justin that it felt like my cowboy hat size was too small. But, I was bare-headed.

Justin, Good Buddy, thanks for posting the info and the pics, too.

See folks, DecaturTxCowboy is a cowboy and he knows how to rodeo! But, maybe he had better get himself a 'nuther dog 'n' horse.  ;D

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2006, 07:33:24 pm »
Well, even when there is damage to a little part of a finger, it is like the whole hand is injured; same way with a little toe injury, the whole foot hurts.

Yes, it's amazing isn't it that the smallest of irritations can effect everything we do.  It so easilly undermines our general feeling of wellbeing.  We can be very vulnerable we humans.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2006, 10:51:58 am »
Screeching back to the topic:

In/until (at least) the 1990's in France, homophobia was the first cause of suicides and attempted suicides among male teenagers. (I'll try to get hold of the current figures).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 06:13:21 pm by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

TJ

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2006, 05:32:18 pm »
In the USA, it has been documented that at least one third of all teenage suicides and attempted suicides has been related to sexual orientation.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2006, 06:18:38 pm »
Homosexuality stopped being a CRIME in France in 1982 (1969 in West Germany).
color]

Even the death penalty was abolished before that here (1981)
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2006, 06:33:05 pm »
In 1992, the Australian Defence Force changed its rules regarding homosexual members of the forces. Previously obliged to leave the services, homosexuals not only gained the right to be accepted and not to be dismissed on the basis of sexuality alone, but also gained access to certain of the benefits available to other ADF members although certainly not to all.

Gay soldiers, pilots and sailors in the Australian Defence Force are entitled to the same benefits as heterosexual couples. This means equal benefits in housing, moving stipends, education assistance and leave entitlements. The Australian Defence Force (ADF) will acknowledge personnel’s same-sex partnerships as "interdependent relationships." These benefits apply only to ADF members who are involved in interdependent relationships with a same-sex partner. To be recognised as interdependent, same-sex partners will have to show they have a "close personal relationship" that involves domestic and financial support.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2006, 06:35:30 pm »
States with Anti-Discrimination laws based on Sexual Orientation:

Austrailian Capital Territory Employment, education, access to premises, goods, services and facilities, accommodation, clubs, and requests for information.

Queensland Lawful sexual activity only. Work involving the care or instruction of minors is exempted.

New South Wales Employment, accommodation, education, the provision of goods, services, and club membership or benefits. Churches are exempted.

Northern Territory Inter alia employment, education, accomodation, goods, services, facilities and clubs. Work involving the care or instruction of minors is exempted.

South Australia Inter alia employment, associations, trades unions, education, land, goods, services, and accommodation. Exempts discrimination on the basis of dress, appearance and behaviour that is characteristic of a person's sexuality.

Tasmania Employment, also bans incitement of hatred and severe ridicule based on sexual orientation.

Victoria Lawful sexual activity, employment, education, provision of goods and services, disposal of land, accommodation, clubs and club members, sports, local government. Work involving the care or instruction of minors is exempted.