Author Topic: Name the New BetterMost IMDb Forum  (Read 11137 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Name the New BetterMost IMDb Forum
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 08:04:58 am »
I agree with Meryl. I like the idea of keeping the imdb reference in the title because imdb is the common origin for most BetterMostians, not only the last wave of refugees; and naturally because those threads were first posted on imdb.

Additionally I think these two (IMDb Remarkable Writings Rewound and IMDb Remarkable Writings Revisited) are the most descriptive and clear of all suggestions. You read it and you know right away what this forum is about.

Third, I don't like the idea of naming a forum after a person, respectively after one person's screenname. Don't get me wrong: Bruce is the one who did all the work, and it is a big labour of love that he did, and I do appreciate it. But the threads in it and all the wonderful thoughts this forum contains are not all Bruce's doing. So I think it would not do justice to all the contributers of those threads to name it Oracle's whatever.

I don't like "Roundup" because that's already the name of our Social Forum's newsletter.

I also agree with Meryl, that many of those names could just as easily fit for our Open Forum.

I like both suggestions with imdb in it, but voted for 'rewound', not 'revisited' because it rings a bit nicer to my ears. But that's just a minor difference as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 08:12:30 am by Penthesilea »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 01:25:02 am »

I kind of like something a bit less...like IMBD revisited. 

Beautiful mind

Offline Kay-Nasty

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Just Sending Up A Prayer Of Thanks"
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 03:06:01 am »
I was thinking more along the lines of High Altitude Thoughts: IMDb Revisited/Rewound because i like what someone else said about High Altitude Thoughts sounding like High Altitude F**ks, but to still keep some part of IMDb to recognize the fact that this is where all these great threads originated from.

;) ;) just my humble opinion ;) ;)

"I never had money, and I was very happy without it. When I die, my money's not gonna come with me. My movies will live on - for people to judge what I was as a person."  ~Heath, I swear

Dagi

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 06:05:36 am »
I was thinking more along the lines of High Altitude Thoughts: IMDb Revisited/Rewound because i like what someone else said about High Altitude Thoughts sounding like High Altitude F**ks, but to still keep some part of IMDb to recognize the fact that this is where all these great threads originated from.

I second that completely!

Dagi

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 11:40:51 am »

Ver' good  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 12:13:23 pm »

I like that, too!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 12:42:27 pm »
My vote goes to High Altitude Thoughts: IMDb Revisited.

Or High Altitude Haunts: IMDb Revisited.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:47:34 pm by Shasta542 »
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 01:23:34 pm »
I voted for Shrine of the Oracle as that name was similar to a poster on the old IMDB.com BBM board. 

I agree with Meryl that IMDB.com should be in the name.   Right offhand, I  can't think of anything ethereal that coincides with IMDB.com.  "Shades of IMDB.com," how does that sound? Probably too vague.  :)

Offline TrollHammer

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 05:40:42 am »
I like Meryl's suggestion, "IMDb Remarkable Threads Rewound."  Or maybe a shorter synonym in place of "remarkable."  But definitely the 3 other words, "IMDb" for reasons others have mentioned, "threads rewound" because "threads" is catchier and more succinct than "writings" and, I know my brain is weird, but -- you can wind thread.

"IMDb Fine Threads Rewound"??

I agree about not naming it for the Oracle, mostly because there are HUNDREDS of threads worth transferring and it would suck to discourage folks from pitching in on that ginormous undertaking -- or from continuing to discuss, post-transfer -- if it seems to them like a shrine.

(Hiya, Oracle.  Luv ya to bits, Bud.  I haven't pitched in much yet, but I'll keep trying.)

TrollHammer
TrollHammer
(formerly TrollHammer, OgreMaul, OgMallet, and BruteSmasher; and still GrendelSledge; at IMDb)

my LJ is BbMTrollHammer, my email is [email protected]

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 06:01:53 am »
Many threads have other Brokie's names in them, but a lot of different people post in them. I know this is a whole forum, but if it was named after someone, it wouldn't bother me to still post in it. That's just me, tho.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~