Author Topic: I LOVE Everything Jack (IMDB version) -- by roboy-0  (Read 8943 times)

Offline TrollHammer

• Jr. Ranch Hand
I LOVE Everything Jack (IMDB version) -- by roboy-0
« on: June 29, 2007, 11:38:50 pm »
I LOVE Everything Jack
  by roboy-0   (Thu Apr 12 2007 17:01:07 )

can't have one without the other ...

I [heart] Jack's disbelievin eyes after the reception he gets after 4 *beep* years!

”I sure wrang it out a hunderd times thinkin about you.” Ennis DelMar

Re: I LOVE Everything Jack
  by atz75   (Thu Apr 12 2007 17:20:20 )

I [heart] Jack for not settling for beans.

by roboy-0   (Thu Apr 12 2007 17:24:05 )

I [heart] Jack for choosing Ennis - boy did he need that!

by atz75   (Thu Apr 12 2007 17:29:29 )

I [heart] Jack for having the urge to hug and comfort Ennis even after the fight and harsh words during the lake scene.

by roboy-0   (Thu Apr 12 2007 17:32:10 )

Well AZT, I'll never top yers, but don't mean I won't keep postin ...

I [heart] Jack fer travelin those 14 hours each way 2 or 3 times a year - fer some 15 years!

by atz75   (Thu Apr 12 2007 18:02:55 )

I [heart] Jack for standing up to L.D. at Thanksgiving.

by roboy-0   (Thu Apr 12 2007 18:09:38 )

I [heart] Jack for standing up to L.D. at Thanksgiving.

No fair! I was gonna use that one! >:(

[19 posts deleted by the poster & 1 by an administrator]

by androphile   (Fri May 11 2007 23:23:56 )

I love Jack for helping out on his father's ranch every year--even though the old man is a first-class bastard. And I love Jack for telling his mother enough about Ennis that when she meets him, she treats him with compassion and love.

"Tell you what . . . the truth is . . . sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

[9 posts deleted by the poster & 2 by an administrator]
TrollHammer
(formerly TrollHammer, OgreMaul, OgMallet, and BruteSmasher; and still GrendelSledge; at IMDb)

my LJ is BbMTrollHammer, my email is [email protected]

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: I LOVE Everything Jack (IMDB version) -- by roboy-0
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 11:46:00 pm »
Hey! that's me.  :D

Amanda & I  passed the time away one time that BetterMost was down rekindling this (and a few other) thread(s). The original archives has about 100 posts in each of the two 'I Love everything Jack' and 'I love everything Ennis' threads. Also, those threads (and other similar threads) were started here in the "I LOVE the Lighter Side" forum. Threads are still active - for those who are interested.

Sheriff Roland, aka roboy-0
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:55:03 pm »
I love Jack's sense of direction.

He made it clear from the start that he came FROM ranch folks who kicked him OUT. On the mountain, he commuted four hours a day, going up to the sheep, coming back after he got 'em bedded down, then going back to sleep with the sheep, or not, depending on coyotes.

Jack spent much of his life going back and forth. After he and Ennis parted, going off in opposite directions, Jack zigzagged across Texas in fruitless pursuit of bullriding fame and fortune. On the bulls, he was zigging and zagging too, just trying to hold on till the 8 second mark. Then, when he met Lureen, he told her "Fast or slow, I just like the direction you're going." For all his traveling, did he ever realize that it was other people who were pulling him to and fro?

We can't forget the 14 hours of driving between Childress and Riverton that Jack did a couple of high-altitude times a year. When he spent time with Ennis, the two deuces traveled back and forth across 17 mountain ranges, but they never did go back to Brokeback.

There was a premonition of Jack's life going to and fro that he could see as a young child looking out his window. The only road he ever knew as a child was the zigzag road to Lightning Flat. I've been on that road several times. Not only is it bumpy and muddy, but to get there you have to go north, and then east, and then north again, east, and so on. It's the same way if you approach it from Montana. It was Jack's life as if written in the palm of his hand, the zigzag road across the prairie.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 02:13:07 pm »
beautifully written Lee. And inspirational.

Jack, always on the road, always traveling, but in the end ending up where he started - back in Lightning Flat.
But then again, it´s supposed to be about the journey and not the destination. Right?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 06:51:35 pm »
Yup, that was the story all right, the journey. Oh yes, I should have added the scene of Jack going around in circles with his son Bobby on that big piece of farm equipment. Speaking of going around in circles, that was something Ennis did. When he parted from Jack the first time he said, "See you around, then" and in his last meeting with Jack he told him "all I've done is go around the coffeepot, looking for the handle." It's amazing that Jack didn't go crazy over Ennis!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"