Author Topic: JACK DID IT: What About YOU?  (Read 25071 times)

rtprod

JACK DID IT: What About YOU?
« on: May 01, 2006, 01:31:06 pm »
Hi everyone,

Topic for today -- FLIRTING.

Jack's preening, strutting around like a peacock and, well, just the way he wears those jeans in the film's flirty opening sequence outside Aguirre's trailer make quite an impression on Ennis. 

BUT what about your own real-life tales of flirting that have either WORKED, or gone horribly WRONG?  And how about the best or worst flirting that has been done to you? 

Myself, I think it's all in the eyes actually (though lately I think it's somewhat on the 'Net, or in the fingertips if you will, lol), and on my end I'm just "me" and try to be low-key and that can work.  I don't use any fancy lines or anything, nope.  But I can tell you the WORST one that someone ever tried on me.  I was in a club when this guy who had been trying to talk to me came up and I was friendly and said "hello" for a second.  The next thing out of his mouth was not the ice-breaker, but the deal-breaker:

"I'm surprised you're interested in me...because I suffer from low self-esteem."  ::)

Amazing true story, folks.  May be the most honest but worst attempted pick-up line anyone could say -- LOL.   

So let's hear 'em.  What do you do?  And what has been done to you?  And what really works anyway?  Would you prefer just to cut to the chase?   :o

Course, you could always just relax and let the emoticons work their magic:  ;) :-* ;)

rt   

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 07:14:06 pm by EnnisDelMar »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: JACK DID IT: What About YOU?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 01:56:23 pm »
rt, you're gonna love this one  ;)

I was at a party. I had just recently graduated from college and this was the first "post-college" party I had been to. I was living in a new city and had been invited to the party through a "friend of a friend" type situation--wasn't there with a date, it was more a chance to meet some folks. One of the things I discovered...in college, people go to parties to meet new people. After college, people go to parties to see their friends. No one was too interested in taking to me.

I'm sitting on the couch, sorta alone, and there is this guy also on the couch. Turns out the hostess was his girlfriend and she was busy doing all the hostess-y things she needed to do, and leaving him to his own devices. So we start talking.

I am wearing this shirt with my initials on it: LHN. The guy on the couch says to me, "What do those initials stand for, anyway?" and I replied, "Lovely, Horny and Nice."  His jaw dropped at that!

It worked...I married that guy and one month from now (Jun 2) we'll be celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary.

And I am still LHN.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

rtprod

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 01:59:04 pm »
And I am still LHN.

Well, you'll get no argument on that from anyone here at CT, that's for sure!

Wow, what a nice story that was to start off the thread.  What line could have worked any better?  lol

Now, someone spill something horrendous and give us all a good laugh!  Who was embarassed beyond belief by something they did?

*evil rt grin* 

rt

moremojo

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 02:10:57 pm »
I can cite my boldest attempt to flirt right off the top of my head. There was a fellow, with whom I became acquainted through a mutual friend, who was some five years older than me but had never had any sexual experiences (apart from himself) and definitely thought he was gay, though he was afraid of following through on any physical experimentation. He came from a rural, fundamentalist Christian background, and was pretty severely repressed. My friend thought this fellow might enjoy my company, that maybe I could help bring him out of his shell a little bit.

When he met one afternoon, to hang out and talk, I definitely felt physical attraction, and was pretty sure that this fellow felt something (if only idle curiosity). At one point, I felt an impulsive surge, and said, "You know, Dan, I'm certainly enjoying chatting with you, but I'm feeling a lot of sexual tension between us. I wondered if maybe we might like to go somewhere and do something about it." Now, this is not typical banter for me, and it certainly threw Dan for a loop. He got very sheepish, and stammered, "You mean, like...now?" I said, not necessarily now, but sometime, if he were interested, because I certainly was.

Well, nothing happened that day, but in the very near future, I became the first person for whom Dan disrobed, and the first man who he saw naked in an intimate context. So my boldness seemed to pay off, though my therapist at the time was horrified by my line when I recounted it to her. She seemed to think it was too forward or inappropriate. A friend of mine, on the other hand, laughed in amazement, since the statement was so out of character for me, and, moreover, actually worked!

Cheers,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:09:01 pm by moremojo »

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 02:15:22 pm »
though lately I think it's somewhat on the 'Net, or in the fingertips if you will, lol
rt, You may think you have done more than your share of flirting on the net, but I assure you the audiences are still very hungry for more actions. ;D 

I am fairly inexperience in the “flirting” department; apart from being shy is part of my personality.   I have only dated one guy that I met in college.  After 6 years’ dating (3 of those were long distance), married him and we are in our 7 years of marriage now.  So you see I did not have a lot of opportunities to practice my “flirting” skills ;) 

I have to dig deep in my memory to see if I have some story to tell.  :)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 02:57:35 pm »
Well, with my husband, I never had to flirt, per ce.  He approached me in a bar, and I was just gobsmacked when I looked into his clear, crystal blue eyes and saw the innate laughter in them.  He seemed equally captivated with me, and later said it was the fierce intelligence (his words, not mine, I swear) he saw in my eyes that got to him.  It was a done deal from there on out.

Really, I've never been much of a flirt.  That may explain why I didn't date much in college.  When I saw someone I really wanted, I was just relatively direct about it.  But I picked my targets very carefully - no way would I make myself vulnerable to a guy I really had a thing for.  I asked the one who became my boyfriend all through high school and Freshman year of college out at a high school dance.  We had this Sadie Hawkings type tradition where if you liked a guy on the football team, you asked him if you could wear his team jersey on Jersday Day during Homecoming Week.  Yes, corny as hell, but true.  At the dance shortly before Homecoming Week, I asked a mutual friend if anyone had asked him yet.  She said, "No.  And you definitely should."  When the really very good cover band started playing The Cars' "You're All I Got Tonight," I figured it was time to make my move.  I marched right over to him in front of all his friends and very calmly said, "Hi.  I was just wondering if I could wear your jersey next week."  He said, "Hell, yeah!"  Turned out he'd liked me all along and was trying to figure out a way to "trick" me into asking him.  In college, I liked a bartender at my favorite watering hole.  So I parked myself there from time to time when he was working.  We were both from the same area of New York State and had a similar upbringing and tastes, so we had a lot to talk about, and he enjoyed ongoing friendly company while he was working.  We smoked the same brand of cigarettes (yes, I was a smoker in a past life - still am a closet one, I'm afraid), and he'd always light mine in a very movie-esque sort of way - sometimes by breaking out his custom-made lighter with a flourish, sometimes by lighting two and handing me one (that's when I knew he was *really* getting into it).

Then there was the one right before I met my husband.  Or should I say The One.  I was so enamored of him that I actually stayed away a lot when I could have been hanging with him in a friendly manner, because I was afraid my emotions would betray me and he'd reject me.  I came to find out from him that my staying away was what got to him.  A couple other girls at work pursued him relentlessly, and that just irritated him ultimately.  But I was a mystery to him - does she want me or not?  What's funny is it's nothing I did on purpose, at least not in the sense of purposely trying to play head games with him - it's what I did out of self-preservation.

No one's ever tried to pick me up, per ce, in a bar except my husband.  And he succeeded just by saying something really stupid, because all it took was that one look in his eyes.  He could have said "Ya come here often?" and it would have been enough.  For the record, I was wearing a Syracuse University sweatshirt with a denim mini-skirt, and he goes, "So.  Where'd you go to school?"   The stupid thing about it was I didn't go to Syracuse.  Just liked the sweatshirt.  But it was meant to be, I guess, because we quickly got past that first bit of awkwardness.

Pick up lines I've always wanted to try (if I were a different kind of person):

How do you like your eggs?

Do you believe in love at first sight?  No?  Lemme walk by again.

Is it hot in here or is it just you?

:-*

Oh, and Leslie, you're my new hero. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 03:02:17 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

rtprod

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 03:04:59 pm »
rt, You may think you have done more than your share of flirting on the net, but I assure you the audiences are still very hungry for more actions.   

Jenny, hey, thanks, thought for a sec the audiences had gone as cold as the NC-17 thread these days.  Thanks for keeping the faith, more to come...

rt  ;D

rtprod

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 03:09:45 pm »
Barb,

Great story!  Was it the cover band that did it?  If it had really been The Cars, who knows what could have happened? 

No one's ever tried to pick me up, per ce

Um, this is an impossibility because I know what you look like, let's cut the being humble around friends thing babe...   :D

How do you like your eggs?

Uhh, wouldn't that be later (like the next am), after the flirting had worked?  lol

(yes, I was a smoker in a past life - still am a closet one, I'm afraid)

Closet smoker?  Wow.  We're letting it all out today it seems...   ;D

So far we've had some great stories about how flirting led to some long-term relationships.  What about how it led to some, um, short-term ones.  tehe. 

rt
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 03:17:21 pm by rtprod »

rtprod

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 03:28:08 pm »
I'll do a "blind item" and say that some time back a certain Hollywood actress flirted with me in a very funny way that really kinda excited me, though 'course not in a sexual way.

I went to meet this sexy blonde comedienne/actress/author/TV star in her hotel suite last fall to talk about a project she was aggressively promoting.  When I got to the room, it smelled great, like flowers or some perfume, I dunno which, and she was rather "perched" in an archway at the end of a hallway.  I walked in and toward her, she leaned back on the wall, hands behind her back, tight jeans, midriff exposed, tight top she was sorta heaving out of, blonde tresses cascading (jesus i should write this shit for a living) down to her bicep level.  Lotsa skin showing in the right places (her, not me, lol).   

Me:  "Where do you want to sit?"

Blonde:  "Where do you want me to sit?'

Me:  "Whever you would like."

Blonde:  "Where would you like me to?" 

Forget the fact that her lines were purred rather than spoken and my mouth got really dry...lol

Anyway, we sat on the couch together for about forty minutes, close and having a great time, for I second there I almost thought....  well, almost that was.  Um, when I left I felt like we had pretty great chemistry and I asked to take a photo or two with her, so she did it.  She's known for being really zany and fun, and she grabbed me and put her arms around me, really hugged me, put her head on my shoulder and arm around my back.  We stood like that because the camera jammed!  Even took a brief video clip together by accident -- lol. 

Anyway, wow, I still remember her hair and smell so well, she was a shameless flirt and really, really hot.  At least she would have been for a guy other than me, I should say.  Here I was holding this really sexy babe who so many red-blooded guys have spent so much time...um...dreaming about.  Irony, it was. 

;)

rt

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 04:11:25 pm by rtprod »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 03:28:20 pm »
Great story!  Was it the cover band that did it?  If it had really been The Cars, who knows what could have happened? 

Actually, they were better than The Cars.  They actually moved!  To this day, that song always takes me right back to that night when I was 15 years old and had such a crush on a particular tight end.  ;)

Um, this is an impossibility because I know what you look like, let's cut the being humble around friends thing babe...   :D

I swear this is true.  A few guys have asked me out who I dated once or twice or who I turned down, but I've never been to a bar or a party where some guy I hadn't known before tried to pick me up.  The guys who asked were friends at school or at work who got a hold of my phone number somehow and called me and asked me out or who had a mutual friend set us up for a meeting/date.  I dated a few guys once or twice who had done that merely because I didn't have the heart to say no to them the first time they asked, I'm ashamed to admit.  There was the one guy in college who saw me dancing one night, thought I understood it, asked me to dance with him, and we then proceeded to meet regularly just to dance.  He was gay and had a lesbian "girlfriend."  Swear to God.  And she didn't like it one bit that we were meeting regularly just to dance, even though she didn't like to dance herself.  But again, that doesn't really count as picking me up per ce.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 03:30:04 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 03:30:08 pm »

So far we've had some great stories about how flirting led to some long-term relationships.  What about how it led to some, um, short-term ones.  tehe. 

rt

Try this one:

Guy: "Well, the nickname I use with girls is Flanagan."

Leslie: "You have different nicknames for girls and ....?"

Guy: "Yes, my fraternity brothers call me 'Constantly'"

Leslie: "Interesting, why Constantly?"

Guy: "Because my last name is Comyns."

Seriously....
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

rtprod

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 03:31:13 pm »
crush on a particular tight end

Um, did you just do that on purpose?  lol     ;D

rt

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 03:31:56 pm »

Oh, and Leslie, you're my new hero. 

Well, Barb, you know we've had this little mutual admiration society thing going on for ages now... ;)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 03:45:28 pm »
I'll do a "blind item" and say that some time back a certain Hollywood actress flirted with me in a very funny way that really kinda excited me, though 'course not in a sexual way.

Awww, come on, tell us who! Was it Anne Heche?
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

rtprod

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 03:48:33 pm »
Awww, come on, tell us who! Was it Anne Heche?

Nope, though I have interviewed her too.  Great lady.  LOL. 

I'll never tell.....   :-X

rt

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 03:49:08 pm »
Oh Lord, I've only really learned how/learned to enjoy flirting since I got married.  I think it's the safety thing: I can flirt now because there's no pressure, no expectation, no real desire for anything to come of it.

The biggest act of flirtation I ever did, really, was to drink beer.  (I generally hate beer.)  My husband and I met at a wedding.  The keg from the reception ended up at his house, and at the wedding he invited me to brunch at his house the next day, to eat leftovers and drink of the keg while it was still drinkable.  A beer bruch.  I didn't have the presence of mind to say "I don't like beer, but I like you!"  So I just came and drank beer.  And came back that night and drank more, and then came back again on Tuesday, and then it was gone (whew).  It was secret flirting.  I guess it doesn't count as flirting but rather as just one of those things you have to do.  Also, I remember positioning myself near him when we were looking at wedding pictures on the tv screen.  Much later, he said he was able to smell my perfume when I was standing there.  Very subtle but it seems to have worked alright.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 04:11:21 pm »
I went to meet this sexy blonde comedienne/actress/author/TV star in her hotel suite last fall to talk about a movie she was aggressively promoting.

Comedienne/actress/author/TV star? Good lord... We can figure this one out.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

rtprod

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 04:19:40 pm »
Comedienne/actress/author/TV star? Good lord... We can figure this one out.

Well, if you think you have it all sewn up, keep it in PMs -- please!!!  lol    ;D

rt

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 05:04:37 pm by rtprod »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 04:47:35 pm »
crush on a particular tight end

Um, did you just do that on purpose?  lol     ;D

I usually don't.  But that time I did.  He really *was* a tight end on the team, though.  Always loved that position title.
No more beans!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 04:48:53 pm »
Well, Barb, you know we've had this little mutual admiration society thing going on for ages now... ;)

Indeed, 'tis true.  Really you've been one of my heroes for quite some time.  That story just clinches it.  :)
No more beans!

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 05:13:24 pm »
Those are awesome stories. Soo funny. And LOVE the thread, rt,  :-*

As for someone hitting on me..One time, a chickfriend of mine, my boyfriend and I were all going to a movie together, and we were in line waiting for our tickets. My boyfriend was stood right next to us but he was talking to somebody he knew in line. And right in front of my boyfriend, these two guys start flirting with my friend and me. My BF thought they were guys that my friend knew. They told us that we should meet up after the movie to "discuss it". And then, (I couldn't believe it) they start bragging about their work and their pay. One guy said to the other: "I can't believe our last check, that bonus really surprised me. We should go to the Sony store after the movie, I wanna buy a plasma TV". I was spitey, and said something like: "Oh yeaaaahh, the real money-makers, eh?" And one of the guys said, "Yeah, I've even got my bank statement in my pocket, and he went to reach for it, but my friend said: "Oh, it's almost our turn in line, seeya!" ... UGH!

Oh, and in high school I was with a guy for about a year, and the first time we tried to kiss, we were so nervous. We were saying "goodnight" and we turned to eachother to kiss so quickly that my nose hit his forehead (yeah I was taller than him) and my nose started bleeding everywhere!!! We can laugh about it now, though.

As for me hitting on someone else...Well, the first thing I ever said to my current boyfriend, 3 and a half years ago when I met him (well, I knew of him growing up in our hometown, but I never really knew him, y'know?), was: "Nice hands, big, I bet you could do a lot with them."  :o I was horrified, I couldn't believe that I said it. He just gave a nervous little laugh. You see, a few of us were sitting around a table in the cafeteria of the college and a guyfriend of mine was talking about how he wanted to go into carpentry 'cause he's good with his hands.

:-*

TJ

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 05:47:24 pm »
I call what the movie Jack did "passive cruising." And the movie Ennis did notice but lowered his head so that the brim of his hat would cover his eyes just enough to make Jack think that he was looking at him, too. I don't know which of the people involved in the movie's production decided to put all than in, but, I did enjoy watching it. It was like watching Jack Twist's gaydar getting a blip on the screen and the blip was Ennis Del Mar.

On April 14, 1984, when I went to the Rawhide the 2nd time in North Hollywood, CA, I got to observe that passive cruising by a tall, slim cowboy type and I eventually found out that I was being cruised. He did it for so long and then came over to where I was sitting and he put a hand on each of my knees and introduced himself as Ed. I ended up going  to his place and then moved in with him 10 days later.

I was on the shy side when it came to meeting people during the time I lived in N. Hollywood. I was more like a shy country boy from Rogers County Oklahoma although I was 41 years old and had not lived in the country since I was 20.

One time a handsome guy came into the Rawhide and he was wearing a red baseball cap with the word "Sooners" on it. (The mascot/team name of the University of Oklahoma is "Sooners.") I said to my friend, Paul, "I wonder if he is from Oklahoma." Paul said, "Why don't you ask him?" I said that I was to shy. Paul replied, "You're not shy."

I responded, "Paul Jackson, the reason that I spoke to you the first time was that I had been in another part of the bar and when I went back to where Ed was standing, you and him were talking and I just joined in the conversation. I was too shy to speak to you before that."

Paul was from Ft. Smith, Arkansas. With Paul's encouragement, I went over and introduced myself to him and also asked if he was from Oklahoma. His name was Josh and his folks were from Chelsea, although he had been born in LA. I told him that I had gone to high school my sophomore year in Chelsea. He asked me if I knew a certain coach. Well, the coach had been my driver's Ed teacher.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 07:26:13 pm »
Funny Mandy and TJ! Okay here's one that I remember. My husband and I were going on a cruise. All the way from San Clemente to Tijuana (it was a weekend thing). We went into a bar with a friend of my husband's and his wife, a hot Latin babe. There were only two barstools so she and I sat down while our husbands stood behind us and talked. We got to talkin and drinkin and all and I noticed that she liked to flirt so I flirted back. As usual I got myself into trouble pronto. She was writing something and dropped her pen. So I reached down to pick it up for her just when she reached down, and, like the key fits into the lock, we kissed! And our husbands didn't even notice. When we finally straightened up, my lips were covered with her lipstick and I quickly slammed a napkin to my lips to hide it! The guys still didn't notice! I know I am pathetic but I think of that little productive flirt often.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 07:35:24 pm »
The guys who had the most luck with me simply came up after responding to my overt smiling and eye-contact and started talking.

The guys who tried lines on me didn't get anything out of me but laughter.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 06:15:28 am »

LOL..  I have been giggling like mad reading these. Other people's messups can be so funny.  And rt, I don't blame Miss Blondie for her overt come-hitherness.. If you walked into my room, I'd probably do much of the same...  with same result..  *sighh*  ;) 

I have some classic lines. In my younger days, when I had a waist  ;D, I used to be quite the little club goer and before I had perfected my "don't even waste your time" body language, I'd get approached by all manner of guys and girls (I have been told I give of an intense "bi-vibe"  ??? ). The worse line I ever got - and I say worst because it came directly from a movie. This guy cruises up to me when I was out one night in a knee length skirt and heels. I was leaning on the bar, chatting to the guy who served me cause I knew him. The line: "so how long does it take you to shave those legs anyway?" (Beverly Hills Cop II - Eddie Murphy to Bridgette Neilsen).  I was dumbstruck. The guy behind the counter came to my rescue. His line: "I wax them for her. Now fuck off."

;D
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006, 06:27:07 am »

Oops, totally forgot to include my attempts.  I tend to let my eyes do the talking most of the time. Most people can tell if I'm interested in them, put it that way... lol..

But I was really into this guy I trained with. He was seriously hot, single as far as I could tell but he was kinda stand offish. Didn't seem to get the "I want you naked" looks I kept shooting him.  ???  What's up with that, honestly?

Anyway, were in Canberra for a tournament and we were all in his hotel room having a few drinks. He was a little bit tipsy and said (in hindsight, rather pointedly) that his shoulders were a bit tight. I quickly offered to massage them.  ;D  An hour later, he said he was tired and wanted to lie down but the massage felt really good and he didn't really want me to stop.  I quickly offered to keep massaging him while was laying down, if he liked? (i mean.. .duh)

Okay so you probably can't believe at this point that this interaction occured between a 29 year old and 30 year old human being.. lol.... we got there in the end but just like Ennis, this one needed some delicate handling.  :P
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006, 07:27:12 pm »
Come on people... fess up...
Chut up!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 08:40:26 pm »
My Ennis picked me up with this "clever" line 23 years ago-at a bar. Now, I was not a bar type then-my sister and her friends stopped taking me out with them becaue I would read-yeah yeah...anyway. I'm standing with 2 friends in a very crowed bar and this fiiinnneee young specimen walks up to me and says "Can I buy you a drink?" I break out of my shy mold and say yes. He turns away to get it, comes back and says "If I buy you a drink will you talk to me?" I was in love because he had me pegged-I had no intention of talking to him.

My most bold flirt-I had a crush on my childhood next door neighbor for years-we dated briefly and then went our separate ways. Years later I had happened to be in the state where he lives so we arranged to meet. He picked me up and while we were driving to his place I proceeded take off the panties I was wearing and put on different ones. He was pretty fired-up by the time we got to his place.

Heathen

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2006, 04:11:25 am »
My most bold flirt-I had a crush on my childhood next door neighbor for years-we dated briefly and then went our separate ways. Years later I had happened to be in the state where he lives so we arranged to meet. He picked me up and while we were driving to his place I proceeded take off the panties I was wearing and put on different ones. He was pretty fired-up by the time we got to his place.

lol. see now, how do i find the courage to do something like that?

two stories.

the first, I think I shared a while back at old CT, so some of you might have read it. Back in college days, I worked at one of the on campus coffee houses. We were encouraged to bring our music to play over the stereo system. At the time I really loved Loreena McKennit, an Irish-Canadienne who take inspiration from traditional Irish folk as well as Moroccan, Indian, Arabic traditions. I had her music playing, when this beautiful woman with wild, curly, sandy blonde hair came up to my side of the counter. She really stood out because this was the early 90's and flat straight hair was the look among girls at the time; at least it was at UCLA. She also stood out because she was moving to the music, though not quite dancing. She asked me what the music was, as I made her tea. I answered her and told her the CD was really good all the way through. The next thing she said was "This music makes me feel like dancing naked." or something to that effect. I just remember "dancing" and "naked". I didn't know how to respond to that. I'd never been hit on by a woman, and never had such a bold remark said to me. I think I just managed "Yeah." I don't quite remember what happened after that, but she left a number. I also recall that everyone in the coffee house seemed to have caught that interchange. I kept getting teased about dancing naked for the next few weeks from co-workers.

the second story, I'm not sure if it's flirting or cruising. there's a distinction, though I'm not sure where the line is. First off, I never cruise the gym. Never. Yeah the idea of hot sweaty men is titillating, but reality is, the shower and locker room just doesn't smell very sexy. I had come out of the shower, and out of the corner of my eye, I think I see a really hot guy. I look over and he is super hot; 6ft-ish, lean, not overly muscular, short blond hair on his head and on his legs. And he sees me looking at him. Instead of sustaining eye contact, I do the Ennis thing and look away by instinct. He proceeds to strip. I noticed, but didn't really register at the time, that he angles his body to face me completely. For the most part, people faces completely into their lockers, or have their back to the wall. This guy, in relation to the wall, was at an odd angle. So while he's facing me, he doesn't look at me again for the rest of the time, that is until he was really to spring the trap, which I should have seen coming. He takes his time displaying his body, which was amazing. Before I realized it, I'm staring at his dick. Suddenly he shakes his hips side to side, snapping me out of my trance. I look up and he completely caught me ogling him. I laughed, and he chuckled. Nothing came of that though. He was interested in an after-gym quickie, and I was heading to a client meeting.

"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

rtprod

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 10:43:55 am »
Great stories everyone.  I've got a quick one -- how about flirting with a really cute gay guy that turns out to be...a "soft butch" lesbian? 

Now THAT one has happened to me.

;D

rt

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 11:01:39 am »
Great stories everyone.  I've got a quick one -- how about flirting with a really cute gay guy that turns out to be...a "soft butch" lesbian? 

;D

rt

LOL
So I am not the only one that misreads people’s gender ;D. Guess my reason is more… excusable? :P

I was watching the rerun of The Sex and The City last night.  The show pretty much is the best flirting lesson I got.  It was fun to see the girls flirt with guys (or gals) on the show. Not sure if I can apply any in real life though. ;)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2006, 08:48:09 pm »
To weigh in on your question, What works? This is what has worked for me:

Women: Make them feel good, compliment them, be totally sincere
Men: Trash them, be rude and dominating, ignore them (of course this doesn't apply to gay guys, you treat them like women, but realize "you're wasting your time there")

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2006, 09:28:31 pm »
When I was 17, I worked at a pharmacy after school. One time, this really cute guy asked "Can I get the phone number?" as I was checking him out (at the register). Me, being a vain teenager, ASSUMED he was asking for MY phone number.
So, I said something really ridiculous like "Oh, but I don't even know you!"
He said "Um, I mean for the store."
I think a little piece of me died that day from embarrassment. I still remember it, 11 years later.
I think I said something like "oh, um, uh, I'm sorry. It's on the receipt."
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

TJ

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 09:38:25 pm »
To weigh in on your question, What works? This is what has worked for me:

Women: Make them feel good, compliment them, be totally sincere
Men: Trash them, be rude and dominating, ignore them (of course this doesn't apply to gay guys, you treat them like women, but realize "you're wasting your time there")

Oh, I am an openly gay man; but, I have had lesbians friend who had been heterosexually married and it was interesting to hear them talk and complain about their ex-husbands and their statements would be directed toward men in general. However, they were not disrespectful to me at all.

But, real human beings should treat all people with respect  . . . and that is even when you don't like them and/or they hate you with a passion.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2006, 10:43:21 pm »
Hahahaha Sparkle.  Shoulda given it to him anyhooo!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2006, 05:01:03 am »

;D

rt

Oh rt, you poor bugger. Gender reversed - same thing. I was looking this beautiful girl at a once-classy gay hangout, the Wickham (Ray knows exACTly what I mean about once-classy... lol) and just when I was in the process of wondering whether she was gay or just hanging at a gay CLUB to avoid being hit on by drunk guys, "she" asked the bar guy for a bottle of water and "she" turned out to be a guy in drag. Most convincing drag queen I've ever seen. I swear he was a she.

Note to self: always check gender of perv by accidently bumping crotch with back of hand.  :o
Chut up!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2006, 10:14:07 am »
Of course I agree with you in principle, TJ. But rt's question was "What [kind of flirting] works?" and this is what I've found, to my amazement, works. You would think that if you treated men badly they would be turned off, but the exact opposite is often the case! This worked for Jack and Ennis too. Jack hung back from approaching Lureen and what happened? She literally threw herself at him. And Ennis' first reaction to Jack was to rebuff his approach by lowering his hat brim. He went on from there to bring up his "dumb-ass missing" terrible musicianship on the harmonica, and repeat his dad's opinion of rodeo types as f**k-ups. Maybe the way this worked is when Ennis was respectful and complimentary, it had a double effect on Jack. Nevertheless, Ennis' pot shots didn't deter Jack one bit; in fact it encouraged him. I've seen this in men time and time again.

TJ

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2006, 03:09:37 pm »
In the USA, calling someone a "bugger" has been considered the same as calling them a "faggot."

TJ

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2006, 03:47:31 pm »
How Annie Proulx's Jack Twist and Ennis Del Mar reacted to each other in the parking lot at Aguirre's trailer is not known. They shook hands inside the trailer in her version. Forgive me if I am repeating myself in this dicussion, please.

We have to realize that the movie was not a produced by out of the closet male-gendered homosexuals nor was the screenplay adaptation written by openly gay men.

I actually don't call what was seen in the movie the same thing as when a woman flirts with a man or vice versa. I have had women flirt with me in public places lots of times.

But, in the way that Jake Gyllenhaal portrayed Jack Twist and his use of facial expressions and body language, implies that Jack had a below-the-belt, behind-the-pubic-bone, in-the-area-of-the-prostate physiological sexual attraction (PSA) feelings directed toward Ennis Del Mar. One has absolutely no control over when one experiences those PSAs sensations; they just happen without warning and they tell the one having them that the other person might be sexually compatible and possibly in one's comfort zone.

While the movie Jack at first seems to size up whom that guy leaning against the trailer wall is as soon as he gets out of his GMC pickup truck, the way he acts after that is not what I call flirting. Jack is acting according to what he feels down inside his body.

And being a man who feels that he understands same-gender PSAs and why they happen, I would say that the movie Ennis did not rebuff Jack by lowering the brim of his hat; he was doing his version of "I am attracted to you, too: but, I don't want to seem that obvious" act.

I know that Ennis did not understand how he experienced those PSAs directed toward Jack in his presence and he called them "that thing that grabs us in the wrong place at the wrong time and we're dead" queer feelings.

While women, no matter what their sexual orientation, can agree or disagree with me in what I consider to be fact or related to my POV, I don't feel that women don't understand openly gay men much better than heteroseuxal men and heterosexual women understand each other. Some women to have special insight to certain facets related to a gay man's makeup; but, they still have to rely on what a gay man tells them to know why they have such insight.

Oh, if you will notice I am also open about my gender in my forum profile. But, while human beings are generalized as either male or female when it comes to identifying by a 'sex (gender)," there is two other genders which are in existence with humans, Intersex (which used to be commonly called "hermaphrodite") for double-gendered persons and "asexual" as in having no gender known at all, but might assumed to be female because of the lack of external genitals.

To wrap this posting installment of my up here, I think that Ennis (no matter what version) was actually hesitant when it came to meeting new people and it was related to his lack of self-esteem and the hard life he had growing up. And because his father spiritually and psychologically abused him by taking him and his brother, K.E., to see the beaten to a pulp with a tire iron mutilated body of Earl, he was afraid of being an "Earl," too and possibly becoming a part of a same-sex ranching couple.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2006, 07:06:38 pm »
I stuck my head in the TV room at the Neoropsychiatric Institutue, where i was becasuse I was nuts,. and Bob was, because he'd learned to act schizophrenic to avoid going to Viet Nam, and I saw him, and i said "Are you from Hyde Park>" (university area of Chicago).  The rest is getting to be very old history.

I'm very shy, and I never flirt.

I, too, find Jack's "PSA" reaction obvious as hell. There are intelligent people who don't see it at all though. BTW PSA is the most desirable and in reality the least intellignet grader of baseball cards, so whenevere I see "PSA," I think, "idiots!" Glad I have something else to think those letters in connectrion with now! Such a lovely idiot!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 05:51:24 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2006, 08:43:49 pm »
In the USA, calling someone a "bugger" has been considered the same as calling them a "faggot."

Lucky we live in Aus then huh TJ because here in Aus EVERYONE is a "bugger" and no one gives a bugger!

I stuck my head in the TV room at the Neoropsychiatric Institutue, where i was becasuse I was nuts...

Hahahahaha Julie, that's why we all get along so well then!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 08:46:04 pm by Ray »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2006, 08:46:50 pm »
Lucky we live in Aus then huh TJ because here in Aus EVERYONE is a "bugger" and no one gives a bugger!

Thank you Ray...we needed someone to lighten up the atmosphere....

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2006, 09:56:17 am »
I stuck my head in the TV room at the Neoropsychiatric Institutue, where i was becasuse I was nuts,. and Bob was, because he'd learned to act schizophrenic to avoid going to Viet Nam, and I saw him, and i said "Are you from Hyde Park>" (university area of Chicago).  The rest is getting to be very old history.

I'm very shy, and I never flirt.

Best story yet! Julie, you crack me up so much.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2006, 10:16:24 am »

Yep...also in the UK... "YOU LITLLE BUGGER!! is something I often shout that at my nieces when they are playing up... or at my cats when they bring in a birdie present for me...

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2006, 11:14:39 am »
Yep...also in the UK... "YOU LITLLE BUGGER!! is something I often shout that at my nieces when they are playing up... or at my cats when they bring in a birdie present for me...

Is BUGGER a lighthearted insult or is it serious? It sounds so cute.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2006, 03:42:21 pm »
def. lighthearted..

I would say 'BUGGER' where you would say 'damn' too....

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

moremojo

Re: This bugger's two cents
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2006, 06:38:21 pm »
def. lighthearted..

I would say 'BUGGER' where you would say 'damn' too....
I was affectionately addressed as 'bugger' recently by a Canadian friend--the first time the word had been invoked in regard to me, as far as I know. I was delighted, and not offended in the least.

:)
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:21:47 pm by moremojo »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2006, 08:08:07 pm »
So, Scott...do you have an interesting flirting story for us? You know one is required to partake of this thread!

moremojo

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2006, 08:26:02 pm »
So, Scott...do you have an interesting flirting story for us? You know one is required to partake of this thread!
Oh yes...it's reply#3 on the thread. Undoubtedly my boldest attempt at flirting, and one that paid off in the end!

:P
Scott

TJ

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2006, 12:13:48 am »

Yes and you had to pretend to be nice and send me a PM to patronize me to do it, Ray!

The Brokeback Mountain Story is about Americans and the lingo used in it is related to how we talk here in the USA.

If a person called me a "bugger" in the USA and he did not personally know me or even know me well enough to tease me goodnaturedly and me accept it, it would be the same as calling me a queer, a fag, or a faggot.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2006, 03:01:59 am »
TJ, I wasn't pretending to be nice, I was actually trying to find out who you were so that I might understand your point of view more, however considering your reply, and this public display of arrogance, I can promise you that I won't be PMing you again (but once), and I hope you find some enjoyment in life that doesn't involve ramming your opinions down other people's throats!  See you in therapy!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 03:19:02 am by Ray »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2006, 09:52:57 am »
TJ:

To defend Ray - this site is used by MANY non americans as well as Americans. Therefore people will have to accept/get used to the differences in Lingo. (Bugger does NOT have that connitation in Oz or the UK) Particularly when we are not talking about BBM/Wyoming/1963 specifically - this is a chat up line thread from today!

For instance, there is certain US words that I may find offensive.... but I know which context to take it in.

Ray and Hippo (and then me) were all using the use of the word bugger in an affectionate manner.

Yes and you had to pretend to be nice and send me a PM to patronize me to do it, Ray!

The Brokeback Mountain Story is about Americans and the lingo used in it is related to how we talk here in the USA.

If a person called me a "bugger" in the USA and he did not personally know me or even know me well enough to tease me goodnaturedly and me accept it, it would be the same as calling me a queer, a fag, or a faggot.

Oh and yes, my only real attempt at a flirty line worked in pulling my current beau! I just made an offhand comment about going out in the town he was from more often if there was good looking guys like him going out there!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 11:42:40 am by kelda_shelton »

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2006, 10:09:26 am »
Ray and Hippo (and then me) were all using the use of the word bugger in an affectionate manner.

Just gotta luv you Brit and Aussie buggers! ;D

As far as flirting is concerned I certainly belong to those who'd need an instruction manual, but somehow I managed to get married anyway. It sounds pathetic, but alcohol proved to help things along a bit (it also did in Brokeback Mountain, right?). Well, there was that party... :P
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 10:12:01 am by Pipedream »

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2006, 08:33:28 pm »
I'm doing the bumping dance.

TJ

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2006, 08:59:48 pm »
Oh, I know quite well that this group is an international group. It is one thing for a person to merely reply to something I posted and I did give the reason behind it; but, it is something else when the person sends me a Private Message to criticize what I posted in a discussion thread AND the person has to use the forum IDs of other members to support his reason for correcting me.

That's like the "Christian" mothers on an America Online (AOL) Message Bulletin Board discussion who used the slang word, "freaking" as an adjective. One of them said, "Well, everyone's using the word; even my teenagers."

I used the Dictionary provided by AOL's programs to show that the word when used as an adjective was slang for the "F" word which had to do with the act of sexual intercourse. 

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2006, 10:02:05 pm »
The pick up line that worked best for a mate of mine that was a collegue in a cocktail bar was when a customer ordered a Martini.  My friend, in a cheeky, oozing sex kinda way, asked if he would like two olives.  The customer took only a beat to reply with a wicked twinkle, "Only if you can find a bigger glass".  They remain partners eight years later.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2006, 10:15:29 pm »
Great story, Ray! It never fails, whenever someone I know orders a martini, they ask for 3 olives. I wonder why they don't just order an appetizer!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2006, 11:14:23 am »
Sparkle Sparkle,
I bleed for the you of 11 years ago.
I never quite did that, but I did make a college professor abruptly get up, pack his briefcase and leave the classroom out of offense at something I said.  But that was not flirting-related.  And he was a nutcase.  But it was probably the most mortifying thing ever.  I went in a bathroom stall and cried.

I doubt if that many Americans are aware that "bugger" means, or used to mean, someone who pursues anal sex.  I think most people use it lightly on things or people that "bug" them.  Just a guess.

I'm gonna git you, little buggers!  She said to the starlings stamping around in her forget-me-nots, as she aimed the hose....

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2006, 11:23:35 am »
ooh! You've intreigued me now Pie! Tell! Tell!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2006, 05:01:20 pm »
Oh it's long.  How short can I make it?
I took part in a series of  "leadership seminars" in college... brainchild of the dean of student life... not a great idea, or at least not all that well-executed.  Anyway one of them was led by a prof from the philosophy department -- in fact the head of the dept.  I don't remember exactly but I think we were discussing the "philosophical ramifications" of being in a position of hiring and firing employees.  There was some dead horse being beaten -- and in my opinion an irrelevant, moot horse.  I said I thought it was "pointless" to discuss such-and-such further.  Yes, I had grown impatient and bored, and perhaps it was sourpussy or wet-blankety of me. 

Instead of saying something like "well, the majority of the group think it merits further discussion" or "this is just the sort of thing you might have to endure in a boardroom someday, missy, so get used to it!" or any number of things, even sharp-tongued things, he simply said something like "Well, maybe it is pointless, so I guess this discussion is over."  In stunned silence, we watched him pack up his things and leave, twenty minutes into a fifty-minute session.  Two people said things like "don't worry about it -- he's done this kind of thing before" or "it's not your fault."  That helped.  Still, it made me feel like an awful, awful person.  I know I'm not awful; I know I'm compassionate and civil.  So I had a little death of those beliefs.  No, they fell into a coma and awoke eventually.

Aren't ya glad ya asked?

Wanna ask about the time I overslept for my art history final and threw on a bra and ran for my life across the campus, grabbed a blue book and slipped in just in time to see the last thirty seconds of the first slide (a Rembrandt etching), thank God?  Or the time I walked into "Topics in Human Biology" and realized we had an exam, unknown-about, unstudied-for?  Or the time I was drunk and stoned and accidentally sat down on my friend Cerissa's popsicle-stick project?  "My masterpiece!" she wailed, and then a minute later forgot about it.  I say, if you're going to have drunk and stoned people in your dorm, put any popsicle-stick projects on high shelves.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2006, 08:30:54 pm »
Oh it's long.  How short can I make it?
I took part in a series of  "leadership seminars" in college... brainchild of the dean of student life... not a great idea, or at least not all that well-executed.  Anyway one of them was led by a prof from the philosophy department -- in fact the head of the dept.  I don't remember exactly but I think we were discussing the "philosophical ramifications" of being in a position of hiring and firing employees.  There was some dead horse being beaten -- and in my opinion an irrelevant, moot horse.  I said I thought it was "pointless" to discuss such-and-such further.  Yes, I had grown impatient and bored, and perhaps it was sourpussy or wet-blankety of me. 

Instead of saying something like "well, the majority of the group think it merits further discussion" or "this is just the sort of thing you might have to endure in a boardroom someday, missy, so get used to it!" or any number of things, even sharp-tongued things, he simply said something like "Well, maybe it is pointless, so I guess this discussion is over."  In stunned silence, we watched him pack up his things and leave, twenty minutes into a fifty-minute session.  Two people said things like "don't worry about it -- he's done this kind of thing before" or "it's not your fault."  That helped.  Still, it made me feel like an awful, awful person.  I know I'm not awful; I know I'm compassionate and civil.  So I had a little death of those beliefs.  No, they fell into a coma and awoke eventually.

I think I would have burst into tears right then and there! How did it go the next time you saw him?

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2006, 07:34:23 am »
Worst flirting that was ever tried on me:

I was sitting alone in a West Hollywood bar, as I so often did.  I was around 21.  I was approached by a guy approxiamately 20 years my senior.  He was pudgy and not at all my type.

"Hi," he said, shaking my hand.  His voice and general bearing gave the impression that the phrase "Dirty old man" had been invented for him, regardless of the fact that no, he wasn't old (don't get sensitive, anyone).  I didn't want to be unneighborly so we continued shaking hands during the following interchange.

"Uh, hi."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Uh..."

"Are you available for dating?"

"Uh..."

"I've got 10 inches.  You like 10 inches?"

It was at this point that I let go of his hand.  What was most humorous was how surprised he was that I wasn't interested in knowing more about his 10 inches because, after all, who doesn't like 10 inches?

I have a friend in town whom I've often refered to as my favortie sexual partner of all time.  We never dated, we were just that kind of friends.  Sex was something he was.  Look up sex in the dictionary, there he is.  He had a pickup line that worked for him that I doubt would work for anyone else.  He would meet a potential Mr. Right Now and at some point during the conversation he would say, "So, would you like to get together for pizza and a fuck?  Or don't you like pizza?"

Yes indeed.  Not for everyone.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2006, 08:01:57 am »
He would meet a potential Mr. Right Now and at some point during the conversation he would say, "So, would you like to get together for pizza and a fuck?  Or don't you like pizza?"

Yes indeed.  Not for everyone.

LOL..that brought up an old memory...

I once had a guy say to me, "Only two things to do in Maine: fishing and fucking. And in the winter, there ain't a whole helluva lot of fishing going on."

I wasn't quite sure how to take this since he said it to me in the summer....

L
xo

TJ

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2006, 07:22:02 pm »
I wouldn't have been surprised if my father had actually used one of his favorite introductions as a pickup line long before he met Mom.

I never heard him say it to a person who was in his age group; but, he did say to younger fellows, even to my friends when they had not been introduced, while extending his hand, "Howdy, M' name's Merle. "Spose y' know yores."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2006, 02:17:02 pm »
I went back and read your post again, Scott. Great pickup line! I will have to remember that about sexual tension (how could I forget!)

And Barb, I need you to come to my defense about men liking to be ignored. It worked for you, according to your story about meeting your hubby. I don't know why men like women who won't dance with them, to paraphrase...

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2006, 02:08:46 pm »
This thread needs new life!  There are some fun stories buried in here!  It dates from early in CT's history here when I was shy  ::).

I don't think I've done any real flirting in quite a few years, since my divorce, really.  The few instances I can think of are relatively recent and have been pretty much as safe as possible (not unintentionally).  You know who you are!! - and I have to say thank you for accepting it with grace and good humor.  There's something intrinsically good about a little flirting for the self-esteem boost (at least when it doesn't bomb)...it doesn't need to lead anywhere at all.

That said, though, I have a candidate in mind for some not-so-harmless flirting in my immediate future, so I'll have to report back my luck or lack thereof  ;)!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

moremojo

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2006, 02:41:15 pm »
Hey, Lynne,

It's fun to get this blast from the past; it all seems so long ago now, but you're right, some wonderful anecdotes to be found here.

Your quote here...:
There's something intrinsically good about a little flirting for the self-esteem boost (at least when it doesn't bomb)...it doesn't need to lead anywhere at all.
...reminded me of a scene from the (made for television?) film of "The Naked Civil Servant", a biopic on Quentin Crisp starring John Hurt as the venerable Crisp, from circa 1976. Crisp's character stated here that one of his fondest memories in life was a moment of innocent flirtation between himself and a crew of cheeky but good-natured sailors. He said that nothing happened, and that nothing was going to happen...just a little bit of innocent, friendly fun that he cherished as an emotional high point in his existence.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2006, 02:53:13 pm »
Quentin Crisp was one for the quips wasn't he? I hear him quoted all the time. And he was great as Elizabeth I in the movie Orlando.

moremojo

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2006, 04:44:59 pm »
Quentin Crisp was one for the quips wasn't he? I hear him quoted all the time. And he was great as Elizabeth I in the movie Orlando.
A friend of mine actually spoke to Mr. Crisp on the phone once--a rather bizarre, convoluted set of circumstances brought the two together aurally, but my friend handled himself with poise and grace, judging from his account of the conversation, and Mr. Crisp sounded as if he were as charming and gentle as one would have expected. He definitely had a sharp mind of great refinement.

Yes, I thought he was quite good as the Queen(!) in Orlando, a film that on the whole I found unsuccessful (though the same director's [Sally Potter] later Yes I consider to be a masterpiece, one of the great movies of the young twenty-first century).

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2007, 12:06:23 pm »
Just for Scott's sake, let's bring this topic back one more time!!

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2007, 01:02:33 pm »
What was most humorous was how surprised he was that I wasn't interested in knowing more about his 10 inches because, after all, who doesn't like 10 inches?

Kirk, if you're still here — that's a hellava hilarious story.  I love it!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 03:13:29 am by LauraGigs »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2007, 05:32:07 pm »
Oops, it got buried again already! You have to watch these topics like a blue heeler!!