Author Topic: What are your plans for the Fourth of July??  (Read 55508 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: What are your plans for the Fourth of July??
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 09:10:01 am »
We'll be eating lobster, corn, and baked beans with mom and dad and a few friends...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 10:31:33 am »
We have a race around the neighborhood. I was planning to be in it but had to bow out because my feet are too sore from hiking this past weekend. I will only have to wear red and white today...my blue toes will complete the color scheme!! Then I am putting up a display of wildflowers at the neighborhood clubhouse where we have a BBQ, a dj and the works. After that I will probably head to town and spend the afternoon with Brokie friends and maybe go to see Ratatouille. Winding up the evening with fireworks watching, of course!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 09:03:09 pm »
    It's been an uneventful day, mostly stayed indoors due to the heat.  Fireworks are illegal here but of course people shoot them off anyway.    I have firecrackers!    8)    And I know how to make a pretty cool homemade can rocket with them.
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 02:47:15 am »
We have a race around the neighborhood. I was planning to be in it but had to bow out because my feet are too sore from hiking this past weekend. I will only have to wear red and white today...my blue toes will complete the color scheme!! Then I am putting up a display of wildflowers at the neighborhood clubhouse where we have a BBQ, a dj and the works. After that I will probably head to town and spend the afternoon with Brokie friends and maybe go to see Ratatouille. Winding up the evening with fireworks watching, of course!!

That sounds heavenly, Lee! I hope all ya'll Brokies had a good time today. How did Cody do, David? My dogs were calm when I got home and they had not torn up anything, so I told them I was proud of them. Someone did bring in a huge partially mummified FROG!! It was just sitting there--he looked like he was in mid-swim--at first I thought it was alive!!   So I had to rid that from the kitchen---that was a shocker.  :P

I went from NO plans to tentative plans to changed plans. Some friends from Memphis (about an hour away) called for me to come to a cookout. We ate, shot fireworks, played cards, and watched a movie. It was a nice evening. I rubbed myself with Bounce to keep the mosquitoes away!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 04:45:18 am by Shasta542 »
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 09:26:46 pm »
I spent most of the day sleeping.  The other half of the day I drove my daughter around to spend some time with friends.  We didn't cook, but ate takeout from KFC.  Oh, it is not as bad as it sounds  :laugh:  I was able to catch up on some much needed rest, and watch the Twilight Zone marathon on the Sci Fi channel.  I didn't see the professional fireworks, as Oakland's firework display has been cancelled because of the bad behavior of the locals.  The As game was the only place to see a professional fireworks display in Oakland.  The neighborhoods were alive with fireworks, though.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 04:51:24 pm »
Hey, what's happening on Independence Day, BetterMostians? Be on the lookout for someone with a full head of steam who looks like he's about to kick half of someone's teeth in!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 04:57:34 pm »
 ;D

I plan to spend tomorrow sleeping in and lounging around a lot.  So, "spend the day quietly at home" sounds about right for my plans this year.  But, I'm really looking forward to it.

8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 11:56:38 pm »
We are off to a frined who has a house on the Beach.So BBQ 1st then there is a massive firework display on the beach.It seems od to us, being British as it is America celabrating kicking us out.Still love fireworks and a BBq and drinks with friends so I don't really care.
I will even get to see my husband before 9.00pm so that will be a bit of a novelty !!!!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 05:44:30 pm »
I have reset this poll to zero! Time to vote again! Yes, international Brokies can vote as well!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 01:11:48 am »
Yes, international Brokies can vote as well!!

I guess most international Brokies will spend the day "Other", read working. I know I'll do.