Author Topic: RUFUS WAINWRIGHT in Brussels in November  (Read 6695 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: RUFUS WAINWRIGHT in Brussels in November
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 06:41:47 pm »
Ah, Jude, sorry to hear about your family cat.  You've had a tough year or so that way.  On the other hand, how are "our" beautiful kitties?  I'd love to see some photos.

I've been meaning to tell you all, and I guess I'll do it in this thread -

I went to see The Roches the other night here in Seattle, three sisters from NY whose music I have loved for many years.  The opening act was Lucy Wainwright Roche, the daughter of one of the three sisters, Suzzy Roche, and Loudon Wainwright 3rd.  So, Rufus's half-sister.  She was sweet.

Clarissa, these Wainwrights seem to be such a talented bunch of people!! I only recently 'discovered' Martha Wainwright on YouTube and I think she's an amazing singer too! I don't know Lucy or the Roches but I'll check on YouTube! :D

It's always sad to lose a cat, whether you had it for 12 years or 1 month (Sayifs brothers). I cried. The only relief I have, is that my mother's cat is now safe from pain. But I feel sad, because I wasn't the one bringing it to the vet. And there is nothing to change that now. ..  :'(

I will post new pictures of Sayif and Brokie on the thread I had going a while ago (I hope I'll find it again.. ).
EDIT: here it is - http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3045.0.html

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 06:46:44 pm »
Pictures of Rufus in Brussels. He was performing in a place called "Le Cirque Royal" (royal circus) and was all funny about it. He told a 'circus'-story at the very start and nobody got the joke... He was laughing all alone..  :laugh:  :laugh:

In a red and white striped suit.

In Lederhosen..

In a skirt and high heels...

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 01:43:43 am »
I just found this on YouTube.  It's a very short clip from a 1980's documentary on Kate and Anna McGarrigle (Rufus's mother and aunt), featuring young Rufus and Martha.  He definitely looks like himself, and very camera-friendly.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR3kITYA83Y[/youtube]

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 04:47:03 am »

Awww that is so sweet..I love seeing the little tots that grow up to have such a dynamic talent...

Beautiful mind