The World Beyond BetterMost > Anything Goes

BBM-ers at 75th Anniv. of Empire State Building

(1/4) > >>

Will-U:
What does the milestone 75th anniversary of the famous Empire State Building ("ESB") in New York have to do with BBM?  More than U think!

Yesterday, after a great outdoor Sunday bruncheon on Broadway on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, native New Yorker Will-ABC took our visiting Pipedream Anke to another treat.  On the eve of the much-publicized anniversary and all the pending whoopla as shown on New York City television stations last evening, that was "King of the ABCs at Brokeback Mountain" Will and "P" is Princess Pipedream atop the world famous Empire State Building in mid-town Manhattan!  Yes, they traveled up to the big outdoor 86th floor observatory.  Then Will & Anke did the optional (additional fee) visit of also going up even further on a sole private elevator with its own elevator operator to the much smaller equivalent of a 102nd floor solarium inside of the ESB sphere!  What an all-around incredible view!  Yes, they took pix.  Look for Anke to post 'em.

=news= ESB!!!
Look for the Empire State Building's 75th anniversary tribute in all of the newspapers today -- and post-event tomorrow -- and on all of the television news shows this evening.  May 1st, 1931 is when the ESB opened!  It is exactly 75 years old!!  Will & Anke also viewed the special "King Kong" at the ESB movies display.  Yeeee-haw!!!

Yet more proof that BBM can and does bring people together..........

Will (NYC) & Anke (she'll post her review after she's back at a computer in Germany)

Lumière:
Willi & Anke - Wish I was with you two yesterday ...  :D
Can't wait to see the pics when Anke gets back...

Ciao!  ;)

sparkle_motion:
I LOVE the Empire State Bldg. Every time I visit NYC, that is one place we always stop. The views at night are beautiful but the day time views are breathtaking.
We went on Dec. 1, 2001. 2 1/2 months after 9/11. It was very very disconcerting (and cheap! when we went back in 2002, the prices had gone back up) but we vowed to not let the terrorists keep us from our favorite building. You could still see the smoke rising from the WTC while we were atop the ESB.
Let's see those pictures, Will.

dmmb_Mandy:
Wow, that's amazing Will! I love hearing about BBM bringing people together, especially people we know here on the forums. Can't wait to hear Anke's story of her trip, and can't WAIT to see the pics!  ;D
Be sure to keep us posted!

David:
Hi Will !

Sorry we didn't get to see you Saturday  :'(

I'm glad you got to meet Anke and take her around the City.

I love the ESB.   I have been up there a few times.    In fact, just this Saturday as I was walking back to Penn Station, I had to walk around to the North side of Madison Square Garden so I could look east and up and admire the ESB!     

David    :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version